• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Koronin said:
Thanks skidmark.

My team is an abject disaster.
It's early in the game my friend :) . There's a lot more cycling left to be raced.

As for me-self, I had two rough weeks, went down to 111th or something like that, and here I am 76th three weeks later, so things can change quickly. Happy that Remy Mertz cannibaled a top-10 at the Samyn race. This week with Montaguti 8th in Italy, Caleb being OK, I hope to maintain. Hopefully a few more good showings from my lower-profile riders will bring some dough, but I will live or die by what The People's Champion does at Tirreno.

Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Koronin said:
Thanks skidmark.

It's early in the game my friend :) . There's a lot more cycling left to be raced.

As for me-self, I had two rough weeks, went down to 111th or something like that, and here I am 76th three weeks later, so things can change quickly. Happy that Remy Mertz cannibaled a top-10 at the Samyn race. This week with Montaguti 8th in Italy, Caleb being OK, I hope to maintain. Hopefully a few more good showings from my lower-profile riders will bring some dough, but I will live or die by what The People's Champion does at Tirreno.

It's still a disaster. I have 4 total riders who are doing anything worthwhile at the moment (not including Remco). Two of those barely needed any points to match their points total from last year. My rare pick of Petilli is currently by far my best pick. I'm cheering for your boy at Tirreno. May as well I have literally no hope for any decent points this week at all.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

Tonton said:
Koronin said:
Thanks skidmark.

I just noticed that you have only 25 riders on your team.

Obviously, you are eight cheap/free picks short ... perhaps if there was "average points per rider" category, you may do well but with such a disadvantage, it will be HC uphill battle.

Bettiol is alive. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows himself to be a must-have.

Søren Kragh has thankfully put his disease behind him and I am hoping he can do a good GC here and be released in the classics (with Matthews' injury, this seems even more likely now).

Chaves also shows all signs of life in Paris-Nice (not the points giving ones just yet, though).

Aru, Spilak and Nibali don't.

Re:

tobydawq said:
Bettiol is alive. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows himself to be a must-have.

Søren Kragh has thankfully put his disease behind him and I am hoping he can do a good GC here and be released in the classics (with Matthews' injury, this seems even more likely now).

Chaves also shows all signs of life in Paris-Nice (not the points giving ones just yet, though).

I wouldn't worry much about Nibali, he's where he's been in the past few years at this point of the season. GTs and fall classics are where you should expect points from him.

Aru and Spilak on the other hand...

SafeBet said:
tobydawq said:

I wouldn't worry much about Nibali, he's where he's been in the past few years at this point of the season. GTs and fall classics are where you should expect points from him.

Yeah, that's true. But if he gets 280 points again next weekend I won't complain about him again ;)

I just think it was a bit weak to not be able to at least follow the 32 rider peloton. He wasn't too far away though and he did better than Geraint Thomas.

tobydawq said:
SafeBet said:
tobydawq said:

Yeah, that's true. But if he gets 280 points again next weekend I won't complain about him again ;)

I just think it was a bit weak to not be able to at least follow the 32 rider peloton. He wasn't too far away though and he did better than Geraint Thomas.

My only concern with Nibali is whether or not his back is ok and at this point it appears it is. As long as that is the case he should be fine for the races he's targeting. There are other riders on my team that I have more concerns about than him.

Been away this week so only just seen last week's update and very surprised to see my team at the top of the week standings

That's the end of the good news though. My top pick Moscon can barely turn pedals this season and looks like he has some sort of long term ailment which would be the end of my team's chances this season

Re:

Popchu said:
Good day for me with Lutsenko's stage victory in TA and Bernal and Quintana going 1 and 3 in PN. Very happy with my Lutsenko pick. :)

Holy fuc! Insane squad bruh.

Barring accidents you will be catapulted straight to the top. Brutal.

I need Moschetti or Dainese to do something tomorrow in Drenthe or else it's all uphill.

Re:

Eyeballs Out said:
Been away this week so only just seen last week's update and very surprised to see my team at the top of the week standings

That's the end of the good news though. My top pick Moscon can barely turn pedals this season and looks like he has some sort of long term ailment which would be the end of my team's chances this season

Don't worry, I have one rider, Kiryienka, who may not race at all this season due to a health issue and another rider, Landa, who's been sidelined since the start of the season with an injury.

Not many points this week for me, probably not even 150. Barguil crashing out in Paris-Nice really hurt my team, I think he could have gotten a good result...

For next week, I have to hope for good results in the 3 HC races. In Tirreno I only have Bettiol in an okay position on GC, and Küng could score some points in the ITT. For MSR, haven't seen a full startlist yet, but of course I won't be able to compete with the teams with Ewan, Trentin and Nizzolo. I will cross my fingers for Venturini.

I see some opportunities in the Belgian one-day races though.

Nokere Koerse
Remco Evenepoel
Aliaksandr Riabushenko
Max Walscheid
Rudy Barbier
Matteo Moschetti
Kristoffer Halvorsen
Imerio Cima
Harry Tanfield

Bredene Classic
Remco Evenepoel
Kristoffer Halvorsen
Matteo Moschetti
Harry Tanfield
Loic Vliegen
Aliaksandr Riabushenko

GP de Denain
Matteo Moschetti
Loic Vliegen
Rudy Barbier

Some thoughts about the game so far, I really regret not picking Lutsenko and Madouas. Lutsenko should be obvious, but Madouas, despite his young age and pretty high cost, is showing some really promising signs. He finished 11th in Paris-Nice even though he isn't really a climber. He can become really big.

As for my team, I think I have quite a few riders that seem to be in good shape, but lack the ability to finish things off at the end of a race or lack opportunities to ride for themselves. Meanwhile the riders that should be leaders at their teams are severely underperforming. Let's see what the next few weeks bring.

Jancouver said:
I just noticed that you have only 25 riders on your team.

Obviously, you are eight cheap/free picks short ... perhaps if there was "average points per rider" category, you may do well but with such a disadvantage, it will be HC uphill battle.
It was a last minute decision for me to enter, after I saw the post in the PRR thread. I put my team together in one day, and being a first-timer, I didn't know better. Lesson learned...at my expense :eek: .

Now this week with Pinot, Nibali, Polanc, and Gaviria at TA, plus Ewan at PN, it won't be too bad...I hope :) .

Re:

Akuryo said:
Haig getting 4th at Paris-Nice is really amazing considering only 4 people have him. Always special when one of the "under the radar" picks performs. :)
I am surprised only four people picked Haig. I thought about him very seriously and get the feeling that I will regret picking Taco Van der Hoorn instead. Haig is looking like a great pick.

At least I have Bernal, so the week is not a complete waste for me.

I really regret not having picked Nairo. I'm a big fan of his but i have to confess that i had lost my confidence in him a bit. Unfortunately i hadn't heard the news about Bartoli being his new coach, whom i like a lot. Lack of information never helps you in this game. ;)

Of course we don't know how good Nairo will be in the rest of the season, but things are looking good. Only 8 teams have picked Nairo, lets have a short look at these teams and the other expensive riders they chose.

18-Valve.(pithy): Froome, Bernal, Porte, Ewan
del1962: Bernal, Porte, Nibali, Gaviria
Falze: Porte, Nibali, Trentin
Geraint Too Fast: Bernal, Nibali, Poels
LightBing: Nibali, Gaviria, Costa
PeterB: Nibali, Gaviria, Trentin, Henao
Popchu: Bernal, Nibali, Lutsenko, Gaviria
Simurgh: Nibali

4 of these 8 teams also have Bernal, who i think will have a great season. Popchu even has Lutsenko, who has been on fire so far.

TRENDING THREADS