• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tour has worked out better than I expected. Landa and Barguil in top 10. Good placings for Gaudu & Aru. Also decent stage points this week from Nibali, Trentin & Kamna. Evenepoel flying th flag for me in Italy, but most have him in their team. Should be 1000 points this week, but sure many will score much higher.

It will of course hurt me that I don't have Bernal on my team but with Nibali, Landa, Ewan, Trentin winning stages/placing in the top 10 and Aru and Reichenbach doing top 20 and Padun and Evenepoel scoring big in Italy, it should be a very good week for me.

Tigerion said:
Tonton said:
I can't believe that I won a week!!! You guys/gals are so good and knowledgeable, kick my butt week in and week out, so I feel both humble and also excited as next week's update may be HUGE for me with Caleb winning today and Tibopino extremely competitive at this year's Tour. WOW!!! Back in the Top-100 :D .
Well done
Don't forget Caleb's forth coming win on Sunday
At least I got something right

1.793 points here including Landa (if i haven't overlooked something). That should be enough to overtake karaev, but he is already striking back with Loic Vliegen.

Changes in gc are likely to be quite massive, as Bernalistas will flood the Top 10.

fauniera said:
1.793 points here including Landa (if i haven't overlooked something). That should be enough to overtake karaev, but he is already striking back with Loic Vliegen.

Changes in gc are likely to be quite massive, as Bernalistas will flood the Top 10.

I guess it's not too bad to be in second or first position and then win the Tour...

fauniera said:
I kind of agree. :D

But then i don't know if i won the Tour. There are 26 Bernal teams and i didn't check them all.

By winning the Tour I just meant having the rider that won the Tour :)

In the current top 10, there are only three Bernal teams, so I don't think Bernal is a necessity to be in the top 10 after the update.

Update #29: fauniera takes over

***note: I'm having trouble accessing dropbox to get a link to the full file, so I will try to post that tomorrow - for now, here's the update and leaders***

After a slow boil for the last 3 weeks, Tour GC points were given out, and we had to wait until the last weekend to have an idea of who was going to get the big ones (and, sadly for last week's winner Tonton, it went the wrong way for Pinot). Let's see what kind of huge scores were put up this week.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank Team Points this week
1 del1962 1835
2 fauniera 1793
3 Popchu 1720
4 trackstand 1639
5 Geraint Too Fast 1618

The top 2 of the week already showed their own calculations on this thread, but they are confirmed with the update. With 1835 points - 798 from Bernal leading the way naturally, but also over 100 from Quintana, Porte, Nibali, Aru and Gaudu - del1962 takes the week with a monster score. Second place fauniera gets close with 1793 (Bernal, Landa, Nibali, Aru, Gaudu, Padun), but won't be too broken up about missing the win as their team was in second overall heading into the week, so there are bigger fish to fry. Popchu grabs the third spot, with Bernal and Quintana leading the way, and 110 points from unique pick Lutsenko on top of some more popular names that have been mentioned already.

This Week's High Movers

Rank Team Up/down
1 del1962 (+43)
2 Geraint Too Fast (+29)
3 18-Valve. (pithy) (+28)
4 bminchow (+25)
5 trackstand (+24)
5 Hugo Koblet (+24)

del1962 doubles up this week, moving up over a third of the table, a huge 43-spot leap. Geraint Too Fast gets it together too this week, moving up almost 30 spots on the strength of a Bernal/Quintana/Nibali/Aru/Padun backbone, while 18-Valve is right behind thanks almost entirely to a strong quartet of Bernal/Quintana/Ewan/Porte.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank Team Total
1 armchairclimber 193
2 MADRAZO 185
3 skidmark 171
4 ruvu75 166
5 Popchu 163

No change at the very top, but Popchu nabs 5th overall from Jancouver after scoring 30 points for 3rd place this week.

Top 10 Overall

Rank Up/down Team Points
1 (+1) fauniera 11076
2 (-1) karaev 10695
3 (+3) SafeBet 10305
4 (+10) shalgo 10103
5 (+3) Tigerion 9963
6 (-1) Nyssinator 9846
6 (+6) tobydawq 9846
8 (-1) ruvu75 9828
9 (-) DFA123 9778
10 (-7) Kryvo 9743

And there ARE some big changes here, as expected. Second on a week as high-scoring as this vaults fauniera into the lead by almost 400 points over previous leader karaev. Safebet leaps onto the podium at the expense of Kryvo, who tumbles all the way down to 10th. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the top 5 teams all have Bernal, but perhaps surprisingly, only two teams hop into the top 10 - the aforementioned shalgo, as well as tobydawq. TheArt and skidmark drop out of the top 10.

Wow, 4th place is the highest my team has ranked in this game in years. My two most expensive picks, Bernal and Ewan, have had pretty much perfect seasons. The question now is whether this is the high point for my team. I suspect it is; I am not sure where my points will come from over the rest of the season.

How in the world did I manage to move up 3 spots? Maybe I have been focused on the people posting about how well they are doing and the massive points for people like Del.
Considering my highest ranked GC rider was in 10th I thought for sure I was out of the top 10. Ewan will have help a lot but will need to check the spreadsheet once it's up to see

Re:

Tigerion said:
How in the world did I manage to move up 3 spots? Maybe I have been focused on the people posting about how well they are doing and the massive points for people like Del.
Considering my highest ranked GC rider was in 10th I thought for sure I was out of the top 10. Ewan will have help a lot but will need to check the spreadsheet once it's up to see

Ewan got 230 points this week.

TRENDING THREADS