• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2019 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I really think this has been a killer week for me. 425 points or therebouts, almost exclusively to some of my not so popular picks (Cosnefroy, Ewan, Trentin, Reichenbach, Bakelants) in a week without too much cycling.
I think I'm the only one in the top 10 with both Ewan and Trentin but think that my points will mostly be limited to those 2. Not sure who else they have to bump them above me but would be nice if I can add a little buffer to those behind before the Veulta.
Think I have most of the popular picks that could do well but none of my rarer picks that have been on form are riding. Maybe I'll get lucky with a Benjamim Thomas winning a stage or something out of the blue.

Update #33: tobydawq takes the cake

First, apologies for the extreme lateness of this update, got taken away from internet unexpectedly for a few days there and have just generally been quite busy. This week was a fairly quiet one, with the opening stages of the Vuelta overlapping with a couple of smaller races and a one-day WT race in Germany.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1tobydawq430
2LosBrolin417
3laarsland413
4Kazistuta399
5LukasCPH393

tobydawq eked out the win this week, getting 430 points largely thanks to Cosnefroy's excellent performance in France (146 points) and Ewan's second place in Germany (132 points), as well as 66 from Trentin. LosBrolin slots into second due to some Danes performing in their home tour, with Vingegaard taking 140 points and Bjerg 71; as well, unique pick Tobias Foss got 60 points for winning Avenir. laarsland lands in third thanks to Ewan and 86 points for the gift that keeps on giving to 3 teams, Mike Teunissen.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1laarsland(+11)
2Jakob747(+9)
3freshman(+8)
3flashke(+8)
5Leadbelly(+7)
5Shawnm4747(+7)

laarsland tops this list as the only team to move up double digits in the standings this week. Jakob747 has a solid week as well, moving up 9 spots largely thanks to the Ewan-Cosnefroy tandem, while freshman and flashke move up 8 spots each to tie for the final podium spot.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1armchairclimber211
2ruvu75192
3TheArt190
4skidmark188
5MADRAZO185

The only movement in the top 5 is the reentry of team skidmark, whose 14 points for 9th place on the week gets them to 188 on the season. A little lower down, scoring teams made it into 7th, 8th and 9th overall including weekly winner tobydawq.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)fauniera12038
2(-)karaev11962
3(+1)Tigerion11384
4(-1)Kryvo11251
5(+3)skidmark11211
6(+1)ruvu7511177
7(-2)SafeBet11171
8(+3)tobydawq11109
9(-)shalgo11104
10(+3)DFA12310985

The two leaders had relatively quiet weeks - fauniera scored 120 and karaev 90 - but the two still have a giant lead over the rest of the field. tobydawq parlays the weekly win into reemergence in the top 10, and DFA123 moves back in too, while Hakkie2 and Eric10 slide out.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

One more rider into positive territory and another who is now broken even with last year's numbers and my team is in positive territory. So not a great points paying week, but a few gains personally for my team. My team will finish in positive territory even if several riders won't.

Sr. Administrador: WAERENSKJOLD Soren ha acumulado 18 puntos hasta la fecha:
  • Youngster Coast Challenge (6 puntos, en marzo)
  • Ringerike GP (5 puntos, en mayo)
  • Campeonatos nacionales de Noruega ITT (4 puntos, en junio)
  • Tour de l´Avenir (3 puntos, en agosto)
Somos dos jugadores que tenemos este ciclista. Está pendiente de actualización. Gracias por adelantado.

Sr. Administrador: WAERENSKJOLD Soren ha acumulado 18 puntos hasta la fecha:
  • Youngster Coast Challenge (6 puntos, en marzo)
  • Ringerike GP (5 puntos, en mayo)
  • Campeonatos nacionales de Noruega ITT (4 puntos, en junio)
  • Tour de l´Avenir (3 puntos, en agosto)
Somos dos jugadores que tenemos este ciclista. Está pendiente de actualización. Gracias por adelantado.
The correct name in CQ is WAERENSKJOLD Søren
That might be able to be updated in the next version

Update #34: Popchu Pops Off; Hugo Has a Huge Month

The Vuelta's first week was a back and forth one, the 2.HC Deutschland Tour ran its course, and there was a 1.WT race in Brittany as well as a few Belgian 1.1 races on the menu. And it's the end of August! How did everyone do?

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Popchu499
2VeloRooms444
3Squire439
4ruvu75433
5TheArt417

Popchu takes the top spot with almost 500 points; their team's leading light is Bonifazio, who gets 160 points for his 9 owners for winning back-to-back 1.1 races in Belgium. Also scoring highly is unique pick Lutsenko (89 points in Germany), rare pick Danilo Celano (86 points, 7 teams) and brief red jersey wearer Nairo Quintana (76 points, 8 teams). The collective team from VeloRooms makes an appearance in second place with some rare riders of their own - unique pick Sep Vanmarcke leads the way with 220 points for winning in France, while Aleksandr Vlasov (83 points, 3 teams) and Arvid De Kleijn (80 points, 9 teams) do some of the lifting as well. Squire manages 3rd on the week, getting 101 points from Tony Gallopin, as well as the big haul from Bonifazio and the 80 from De Kleijn.

This Week's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1Londonpat(+9)
1Squire(+9)
3AupaPyama(+7)
4Wallenquist(+6)
5TheArt(+5)
5Manafana(+5)
5comodoro(+5)
5armchairclimber(+5)

It's the time of the season where the standings don't change dramatically week to week, but we had a couple of standouts this week in Squire and Londonpat, who split the honors jumping 9 spots (Londonpat on the strength of a different combo of riders, 112 points from Haig and 100 from Van Asbroeck). AupaPyama rounds out the top 3.

This Month's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this Month
1Hugo Koblet1895
2Londonpat1734
3Jakob7471575
4Akuryo1570
5Leadbelly1483

The Founder himself, Hugo Koblet, leads the charge in August with a fantastic 1895 points on the month. He had some pretty good scores from a wealth of riders, but leading the way was De Plus (24 teams, 252 points), Vingegaard (247 points, 2 teams), Sivakov (242 points, 21 teams), Hindley (201, 12), Haig (167, 4) and 105 each from Garcia Cortina (14) and Lucas Hamilton (10). Londonpat puts in a strong showing to claim second with Cosnefroy (297 points, 15 teams) leading the way, while Jakob747 gets a nod for third place with an always-interesting mix of riders including Cosnefroy and De Plus, as well as 160 from finally-getting-some-points unique pick Valgren and 137 from the excellent almost-unique-pick Higuita (2 teams).

This Month's High Movers

RankTeamUp/down
1Londonpat(+32)
2Jakob747(+27)
3Hugo Koblet(+26)
4Leadbelly(+24)
5yoyokt(+20)

The top 3 in this list is the same 3 in different order; Londonpat claims the top on this ranking, as well as moving a third of the way up the overall standings to a current placing of 26th. Jakob747 currently sits right behind in the overall in 27th, and Hugo moved up slightly less but started slightly higher than the other two, parlaying his strong month into a top 15 overall placing (14th on the current sheet).

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1ruvu75218
2TheArt212
3armchairclimber211
4Popchu208
5skidmark188

There's a whole ton of movement in this competition this week, and a new leader! Popchu's 45 points for the weekly win would have taken them to 2nd overall and 3 points out of first, but ruvu75 scored 26 points and TheArt 22 to both leapfrog armchairclimber to take over the standings. Their two teams are often moving up and down the standings together thanks to sharing several rare riders, both this year and last, and it's no different this week as they claim the top two spots overall here. Jancouver and fauniera also both scored further below (they're in 7th and 8th), and there are 9 teams within a weekly win (45 points) of the lead. I think next week I'll start listing all the teams within 45 points of the lead, which I tend to do towards the end of the season.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)fauniera12438
2(-)karaev12245
3(+3)ruvu7511610
4(-1)Tigerion11592
5(-)skidmark11474
6(+1)SafeBet11395
7(+5)TheArt11365
8(-4)Kryvo11354
9(-)shalgo11318
10(-2)tobydawq11314

After a few quiet weeks, there is once again some separation between the top two. fauniera got 400 points and 6th overall this week, while karaev had a still-respectable 24th but lost 117 points to fauniera, who had Bonifazio. ruvu75 uses 4th on the week to launch into 3rd overall. TheArt jumps into the top 10, displacing DFA123 who falls out.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

TRENDING THREADS