• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2020 Olympic Time Trials (Men/Women) Race Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will become the next Olympic time trial champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pacing of the top 20 riders (2nd lap minus 1st lap):

Pacing-Olympic-TT-2020.png

No riders with negative splits among these who finished top 20.​

What did you expect of him exactly? Top10 would have been nice, but he did beat guys like Cavagna, Bodnar and McNulty. Plenty of good riders behind him.

No way he could have gotten a medal there realistically.

No one expected a medal, just a top 10. It was indeed miserable.

Rui Costa was preparing for his last Olympics, then had his place taken from him so Almeida could go and not even a top 10 in the ITT.

A great disappointment. At least we have Maria Martins in the track. She might give us some happiness.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I overslept this morning, so I unfortunately missed the women's race completely.
Deserving for Van Vleuten that she can now add an Olympic gold to her palmarés.

I'm still not a fan of the Suisse outfit, but at least it's better than being sponsored by Fila ;)
If it hadn't been for the height difference, Reusser and Jolanda Neff could easily star in a Suisse remake of The Parent Trap/Das doppelte Lottchen.

GettyImages-1234250782.jpg

No one expected a medal, just a top 10. It was indeed miserable.

Rui Costa was preparing for his last Olympics, then had his place taken from him so Almeida could go and not even a top 10 in the ITT.

A great disappointment. At least we have Maria Martins in the track. She might give us some happiness.

No real racing since the Giro (except for the NC, but that's hardly any racing), the potential for some underperforming was there.

5th is still a solid result for Ganna. Form is there.

He got beaten by an outstanding Roglic and just a couple of seconds from a medal. 5 seconds from second place. Unlucky.

It is not like he is head and shoulders above everyone else in this discipline and everyone up there today is great riders. Ganna the youngest in that top tier.

Just small margins at the end of the day.

Reactions: Sandisfan
What did he say?

"He can be heard, appearing to shout 'Hol die Kameltreiber', which translates as 'go catch the camel riders'. "

It's alright though, because he has black mates

“I'm so sorry, I can only sincerely apologise. I did not want to discredit anyone. We ourselves have many friends with North African roots. As I said, I'm sorry.”

i dont know why when talking about racism, news always write in detail what was said...in past half year i learned at least 3 new racial slurs - one for jews, one for koreans/possibly asians and one for africans

i couldnt be racist before because i didnt know these words, but now...

i dont know why when talking about racism, news always write in detail what was said...in past half year i learned at least 3 new racial slurs - one for jews, one for koreans/possibly asians and one for africans

i couldnt be racist before because i didnt know these words, but now...

I'm of quite the opposing opinion. Often it doesn't get reported and it's only "a racist remark" for exactly the reason you are mentioning, but to me there are differences and I want to know what was said to decide on my own what I think about it.

I'm of quite the opposing opinion. Often it doesn't get reported and it's only "a racist remark" for exactly the reason you are mentioning, but to me there are differences and I want to know what was said to decide on my own what I think about it.
it was tongue in cheek comment from me, although i do believe there is certain perverse delight in reporting these stories...ESPN whole talk show business plan is based on that

Reactions: BlueRoads
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS