• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2021 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yep, almost endless number of potential great picks this year. I gave up fine-tuning and submitted my team right now. Probably missed a lot of youngsters that will break through in 2021, with an average age of over 27 years for my team. Still hope at least to be in the upper half of the table this year. Good luck everyone, hope that there will be 100+ entries this year as well:)

Reactions: search
Big questionmark for me is which races will take place in the 2021 calendar. The australian races are cancelled and I'm very skeptical about the asian races. I'm also sure that one or the other race till may will be postponed or cancelled too. So that's something you can calculate a bit with but it's mostly speculation. So I'm not really sure what to expect from this season.

Reactions: BlueRoads
The potential is huge this year. If most of the races go ahead, then this will no doubt be a record smashing season in terms of points earned in this game. That's a big if, but optimism is a moral duty. Good luck everyone.

Hey all, thanks so far to everyone who is entered, I'm up to about 25 teams!

So, since the Vuelta San Juan has been cancelled and the Mallorca races postponed, that makes the first race .1 or higher the GP Marseillaise on January 31st. I'm strongly leaning towards putting the submission deadline back a week, from the 22nd to the 29th. I would like to make the game as accessible as possible, and therefore start as close to when the pros start their seasons as possible. Just wanted to post that here in case anyone had a reason I hadn't thought of why this wouldn't be a good idea.

Thanks! Hope everyone is well.

Hey all, thanks so far to everyone who is entered, I'm up to about 25 teams!

So, since the Vuelta San Juan has been cancelled and the Mallorca races postponed, that makes the first race .1 or higher the GP Marseillaise on January 31st. I'm strongly leaning towards putting the submission deadline back a week, from the 22nd to the 29th. I would like to make the game as accessible as possible, and therefore start as close to when the pros start their seasons as possible. Just wanted to post that here in case anyone had a reason I hadn't thought of why this wouldn't be a good idea.

Thanks! Hope everyone is well.
Great. More time to change my line up. Just what I need!

Reactions: Koronin
Alright, I'm getting in the CQ spirit again! 2 days and 4 hours until the submission deadline, then one more day until the publication/revision deadline. I'll be back to post a few countdown/update posts, and will be trying to respond to submissions as quickly as I can. I have almost 50 teams so far, so hopefully they keep flowing the next few days.

Just a note - I mentioned this earlier in the thread and altered the first post to include it, but since I have received 4 submissions with his name, here's a repost of a section of the opening post:

**NOTE: I have made a specific rule to deal with the unique case of Dylan Groenewegen, who is facing a long suspension for a non-doping offense. Briefly, he is to be treated the same as dopers, available for his 2019 cost for both the 2021 and 2022 editions of the game.

That means he costs 1207 points, not 116.

Reactions: postmanhat

TRENDING THREADS