• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2022 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Update #31: trackstand wins a close sprint

With the Tour de l'Ain, Artic Race of Norway, and European road championships heading up a transitional week between WT races, there were modest but decent points to be scored. It ended up shaping up to be a very close week!

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1trackstand448
2Riverside446
3slow_climber437
4Martin383
5Eric10379

The win this week was eked out by trackstand, getting the bulk of their team's 448 points from two Norwegian sources: the resurgent Alexander Kristoff (166 points, 5 teams, and the emergent Andreas Leknessund (175 points, 15 teams). Throw in 74 points from Alberto Dainese (7 teams), 28 points from unique pick Greg van Avermaet, and 5 points from Dion Smith (3 teams), and that's the week! Riverside comes very close in second, with Leknessund, Nicola Conci (107 points, 2 teams) and Arnaud Demare (84 points, 3 teams) leading the way. slow climber lands in 3rd, with Leknessund and Euro champ Fabio Jakobsen (140 points, 39 teams) the standouts.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1ray10309
2EvansIsTheBest308
3Riverside192
4MADRAZO188
5Lortnoc181

With 2nd on the week and the 35 points that come from it in the Green Jersey, Riverside moves into third in this competition. However, to illustrate how difficult it will be for anyone other than the top 2 to win, Riverside would have to win 2 more weeks (45 points each) and finish 3rd another week (30 points) to move into first, assuming of course that ray10 and EITB score zero points at the same time. There aren't that many weeks left! It's not impossible, but very tough. No one else in the top 5 scores points this week.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)13388
2(-)squire12700
3(-)MADRAZO12694
4(-)laarsland12354
5(+2)Riverside12318
6(-1)ray1012238
7(-1)Rakim12175
8(-)Lortnoc11980
9(+3)Salvarani11825
10(-1)Nakazar11764

The top 3 score very similar amount this week (they're separated by 21 points), so no movement there, although Squire and MADRAZO continue their remarkably close battle for 2nd. Riverside moves up after a great week, and Salvarani moves into the top 10 at the expense of Devil's Elbow, who falls out.

Coming up this week, we have stage races in Denmark, Limousin, and the start of the final GT of the year, the Vuelta a Espana.

spreadsheet at dropbox

Yay, Im into the top 10 for the first time this year. It is been a slow and steady type of season for my riders.

Team for the Vuelta:
Jai Hindley
Sergio Higuita
Bob Jungels
Carl Fredrik Hagen
Gerben Thijssen
Gregor Mühlberger
Ilan Van Wilder
Juan Ayuso
Thibaut Pinot
MAL
Antonio Tiberi

It is an okay line-up. Hopefully enough to keep my position in the top 10.

Reactions: JesseZajicek
My (revised) goal of finishing in the top half is still possible.
Team for Vuelta:
ARENSMAN Thymen​
AYUSO PESQUERA Juan​
BRENNER Marco​
CARTHY Hugh​
GROVES Kaden​
HAGEN Carl Fredrik​
HINDLEY Jai​
JUNGELS Bob​
LANDA MEANA Mikel​
LOPEZ MORENO Miguel Angel​
PLAPP Lucas​
RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos​
SIVAKOV Pavel​
VAN WILDER Ilan​
VANDENABEELE Henri​

Thats a lot of names anyway. No Remco but might be okay.

Barely had anybody racing last week so keeping the same buffer to squire and MADRAZO feels like a win. Part of why I had so few riders in action last week is that I have 13 riders starting in Spain. It'll boil down to Remco vs Lopez/Landa to keep my closest competitors at bay.

Vuelta
EVENEPOEL Remco
HIGUITA GARCIA Sergio Andres
RODRIGUEZ CANO Carlos
BATTISTELLA Samuele
PINOT Thibaut
BUITRAGO SANCHEZ Santiago
AYUSO PESQUERA Juan
VAN WILDER Ilan
HINDLEY Jai
VAN GILS Maxim
GROVES Kaden
MÜHLBERGER Gregor
BRENNER Marco

Update #32: Berflamand hits big

The Vuelta started this past weekend, but also there was the Tours de Limousin and Denmark. There weren't a lot of big weeks from the game's most popular picks, so even more than usual the top of the leaderboard is covered by teams that picked moderately rare riders that scored big this week.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Berflamand702
2laarsland700
3Bonimenier685
4JumboVismaFan623
5LosBrolin574

Berflamand ekes out the victory by a mere two points this week! Their roster was bolstered by the continually solid pick of Magnus Sheffield (179 points, 12 teams), who also brings his season total to 550 at a cost of 19. Sam Bennett (140 points, 43 teams) finally hit his stride and is about to break even for the year, whereas Mattias Skjelmose (117, 11) and Jhonathan Narvaez (131, 14) also had great weeks. laarsland finishes so closely behind, getting 700 points thanks to the headliners of Sheffield and Bennett, but with a more spread out supporting cast including another continually great pick in Arnaud De Lie (80 points, Soren Kragh (81 points, 39 teams) and Olav Kooij (63 points, 27 teams). Bonimenier is close behind in third with a similar sampling of high scoring riders.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1ray10309
2EvansIsTheBest308
3Riverside192
4MADRAZO188
5laarsland186

laarsland picks up 35 points for 2nd on the week to jump into the top 5 overall, but there is no scoring this week by any teams higher than that.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)13643
2(+1)MADRAZO13160
3(+1)laarsland13054
4(-2)squire12970
5(+1)ray1012667
6(-1)Riverside12666
7(-)Rakim12482
8(-)Lortnoc12353
9(+1)Nakazar12239
10(+3)search12121

laarsland's great week has vaulted their team onto the podium, the first significant breakthrough into the top 3 in weeks. MADRAZO gains a few hundred on EvansIsTheBest this week, but is still almost 500 behind. search moves into the top 10 at the expense of Salvarani.

This week, it's a busy August schedule with the Vuelta continuing, the Bretagne Classic, the 2.Pro Deutschland Tour, the 2.1 Poitou-Charentes, and a few 1.1 races.

spreadsheet at dropbox

My abysmal year continues... Dumoulin may have retired before even getting to 200 points, but at least Pidcock is off winning MTB races, which are worth (checks notes) zero CQ points... oh right. Well at least Miguel Angel Lopez isn't currently suspended for the investigation he is under. Yep, those are the places I am looking for optimism :D

At least I have some guys racing! Hope springs eternal.

Vuelta

Bob Jungels
MA Lopez
Jai Hindley
Thibaut Pinot
Tao Geoghegan Hart
Carl Fredrik Hagen
Remco Evenepoel
Ilan Van Wilder
Kaden Groves
Henri Vandenebeele
Antonio Tiberi
Juan Ayuso
Jay Vine

wow that's 13 guys. Lots of my best bets are fairly popular, but obviously Remco is the big hope. Hagen has been looking decent this year so we shall see, and although I've basically given up on Lopez, if he's gonna score anywhere, it's here (although I won't count on it until the last stage is over).

TGH needs a good result to save his year, Hindley would be a bonus but is looking solid, Ayuso won't surprise me with anything he does. The other guys have already all lost time, I'm just hoping Jay Vine does something like win a stage and go for mountains and end up with a decent GC placing as a result.

Deutschland Tour

Caleb Ewan
Olav Kooij
Tobias Foss
Ivan Sosa
Clement Berthet
Alberto Bettiol

Hmm well there seems to be a proper climb in the parcours... Maybe Foss can finally do something with his year? Can Bettiol hang on in the climb? I'll believe it when I see it, Foss crashed while sprinting for the win in his first race of the season and that's pretty much been a metaphor for the whole thing.

Poitou Charentes

Oliver Naesen
Filippo Baroncini
Sacha Modolo
Iuri Leitao

I don't expect much. Bretagne Classic is pretty much the same, plus Andrea Bagioli, who can finally do something with his season...

Reactions: postmanhat
Aug 25, 2022
Visit site
Yay, Im into the top 10 for the first time this year. It is been a slow and steady type of season for my riders.

Team for the Vuelta:
Jai Hindley
Sergio Higuita
Bob Jungels
Carl Fredrik Hagen
Gerben Thijssen
Gregor Mühlberger
Ilan Van Wilder
Juan Ayuso
Thibaut Pinot
MAL
Antonio Tiberi

It is an okay line-up. Hopefully enough to keep my position in the top 10.

Hi there, I want to congratulate you to reach on top. I would love to see more progress from you. I came here to ask for help. I am actually searching for the edubirdie reviews online but I can't find a website online where I can read them. Can anyone over here please help me in searching for it online? I will be thankful to you.
Congrats :hearteyecat::hearteyecat::hearteyecat:

Reactions: Salvarani
So looks good for all of you who have Evenepoel.. which is not me..
But I am also not that bad in the game with Ayuso, TGH, Hindley, Rodriguez and Lopez all seem to be within the Top15. For the game I just have to hope that Evenepoel will crack, although it´s not my wish for him.
If Evenepoel stays from now on in the red yersey until the end, this means 500 (points in the end) + 18 (points for wearing the red yersey) * 14 stages = 752 points and this still doesn´t include stage points..

Last edited:
Wow.. today Yates and Sivakov out of Vuelta with COVID.

The vuelta GC overall points becomes quite a lottery. Until now my GC riders Rodriguez, Ayuso, Lopez, TGH, Hindley and Padun are still in, but that can change every stage. Bennett out was already quite sad, but at least he received a few stage points..

Update #33: CQ Game stewards get a moment in the sun

It was a busy week, with the first week of the Vuelta, the Deutschland Tour, Poitou Charentes, Bretagne Classic, and of course l'Avenir, as well as a few minor 1-days. With Remco taking the Vuelta by the throat, his owners will no doubt be happy, but there were a lot of points to come from various places so let's see how it shook out!

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Hugo Koblet755
2skidmark720
3LosBrolin660
4Jon_Ezeitza629
5Sneekes628

Two teams clear the 700-point mark this week, and would you look at that, they're the two participants who have run this game since its inception in 2011! Game founder Hugo Koblet has a bright spot in an otherwise relatively anonymous year, winning the week with 755 points. That total is largely due to 3 star riders: Arnaud De Lie continuing his ridiculous rookie year with another 176 points for his 18 owners, while Remco Evenepoel and Jay Vine each score 140 in the Vuelta. Throw in 82 from Girmay, 80 from Vansevenant, and 70 from l'Avenir champ Cian Uijtdbroeks, and you've got a win for the week. Current game manager skidmark also has a bright spot in his middling year, scoring 720 without De Lie, but with Remco, Vine, Oliver Naesen (84 points, 14 teams), Bettiol (51 points, 35 teams), Andrea Piccolo (46 points, 17 teams) and a few others. LosBrolin nabs the final podium spot thanks to De Lie, Pello Bilbao (150, 2 teams), Naesen and a few others.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1ray10325
2EvansIsTheBest312
318-Valve. (pithy)194
4Riverside192
5MADRAZO188

18-Valve scores 20 points this week to leap into the top 5, but ray10 and EITB are still well in front, and consolidating that considerable lead, with ray10 scoring another 16 points and EITB another 4 this week.

Top 10 Overall

1(-)14179
2(-)MADRAZO13607
3(-)laarsland13522
4(-)squire13290
5(-)ray1013266
6(+1)Rakim13039
7(-1)Riverside13035
8(-)Lortnoc12692
9(-)Nakazar12573
10(+3)NielsB12571

EvansIsTheBest gains 89 points on MADRAZO this week, countering another good week from De Lie with good weeks from Remco, Battistella and Girmay. Outside of that, there is little movement in the top 10, with NielsB moving into the top 10 at the expense of search sliding out.

This week is a bit quieter, with second week Vuelta stage points, the (finally) first edition of the Maryland Classic, a 1.1 race and the start of the Tour of Britain.

spreadsheet at dropbox

Skjelmose's disappearance in the GC in Germany during the last stage cost me a bunch of points last week but I still managed to keep pace with all the De Lie teams out there so I can't really complain. This week is shaping up pretty well after Evenepoel and Groves won stages in the Vuelta but of course things can change very quickly over there. I'm curious to see what Quinn and Simmons can come up with on home soil this week-end.

Currently have 3 of the top 7 in the Vuelta GC. This has easily been my worst season participating in this game, so am fully expecting Evenepoel, Ayuso and Lopez to all crash into Covid infected spectators. However, should they maintain their current positions, I expect their points hauls could be the defining moments in this year's competition?

any chance that this schedule is correct? Here is hope! :D

ttW2adB.png

• Wow
Reactions: Bonimenier
Update #34: Rakim wins the week as EITB consolidates lead

It was one of the less busy weeks in the game, with Vuelta 2nd week stage and jersey points the biggest factor, a new 1-day race in the US having a minor impact with only 4 WT teams participating, and the start of the Tour of Britain right at the end of the week. Still, there was some scoring to do, and some differences made in the upper regions of the overall.

Also notably, CQ adjusted the Tour results to reflect Nairo Quintana's disqualification, so some teams saw minor gains from riders who didn't actually score in races this week, and unfortunately laarsland (who had Quintana as a unique pick) got negative points on the week.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Rakim448
2skidmark442
3repre425
4del1962407
5EvansIsTheBest376

Rakim ends up with top spot, netting almost 450 points on the week. Of course, since there were only stage and jersey points at the Vuelta this week, having Evenepoel, the red jersey wearer for the whole week, was a must. At 182 points, he gave his 35 owners a good head start. Rakim also saw some points scored by Thymen Arensman (75 points, 14 teams), MA Lopez (67 points, 69 teams), and Corbin Strong (46 points, 4 teams). Team skidmark ends up bridesmaid for the second week in a row, only 6 points behind with Kaden Groves (70 points, 16 teams) and Andrea Piccolo (52 points, 17 teams) adding to Remco/Lopez points. repre ends up back in third with Pedersen (80 points, 10 teams) the most notable name not mentioned yet.

Green Jersey Competition

RankTeamTotal
1EvansIsTheBest334
2ray10325
3Rakim209
4Leadbelly199
518-Valve. (pithy)194

There's some significant movement at the top of the rankings this week, with the headline being that EITB has overtaken ray10 for the lead of this competition. 22 points for 5th place leads to a leapfrogging of ray10 for the first lead switch in awhile.

Lower down, Rakim's weekly win and 45 points vaults their team into the top 5, and right on the podium, albeit over 100 points behind the leader. Leadbelly scores 20 points to move into the top 5 as well.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(-)14555
2(-)MADRAZO13795
3(+2)ray1013547
4(+2)Rakim13487
5(-1)squire13468
6(-3)laarsland13353
7(-)Riverside13174
8(+2)NielsB12891
9(-1)Lortnoc12792
10(+2)Bonimenier12757

The good news keeps coming for EvansIsTheBest - their team outscored 2nd place MADRAZO 376-188 this week, and former third place laarsland got negative 169 points on the week due to Quintana's DQ, a swing of over 500 points to EITB. The lead now stands at close to 800 points, and with the leader of the Vuelta on the team, EITB's lead looks pretty good at the moment. ray10 benefits from laarsland's misfortune to jump onto the podium, and lower down Bonimenier vaults into the top 10 while Nakazar slides out.

This week is bound to be a big one, with Vuelta GC points (and several popular riders in the upper echelons of the GC), Tour of Britain GC, and two Canadian WT races, oh boy! We will see how it shakes out.

Spreadsheet at dropbox

TRENDING THREADS