• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2022 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thought I had only decent and solid weeks recently. Mainly because I havent really had a rider scoring many points. Like a McNulty for example. I´ve instead had a few riders scoring some points here and there so far. That is kind of how my team is built I think. After a slow start it has been +9 and +10 in the two last updates, so moving up! Which is probably a bit easier now in the beginning, but still! Good trend at least. We will see after P-N and T-A how it goes in the next update.

Some riders I hope gets going soon:
Pidcock
Moscon
Vermeersch
Walls
Stewart (Campbell) who looks like a terrible pick. Oh, well the season is long...
Piccolo. Bad situation being on the team he is.
Jansen. Hasnt raced yet.

Then some just getting 5-pointers so far.

Last edited:
Trying to figure out why CQ included Monday's Paris-Nice stage but not Monday's Tirreno stage for last week. That combination does mean I'm spending another update in the same spot so I guess a drop will come next week instead given that I have Jakobsen but not Evenepoel. Otherwise, it would be nice if Landa and Storer showed anything as they were supposed to be my differentiators...

Trying to figure out why CQ included Monday's Paris-Nice stage but not Monday's Tirreno stage for last week. That combination does mean I'm spending another update in the same spot so I guess a drop will come next week instead given that I have Jakobsen but not Evenepoel. Otherwise, it would be nice if Landa and Storer showed anything as they were supposed to be my differentiators...

It did include Monday's Tirreno Stage in the latest update, those with Evenepoel got 28 points for example

Reactions: Koronin
This looks like a great week for my team. Martinez, Landa, Ciccone, Pinot and Hindley will combine for a lot of GC points assuming no freak accidents tomorrow, Jakobsen, Ewan and Kooij did their bit in the sprints and not picking Evenepoel looks the right call. If Dekker can win Drenthe tomorrow, that would be the icing on the cake and maybe even land me a weekly win.

This looks like a great week for my team. Martinez, Landa, Ciccone, Pinot and Hindley will combine for a lot of GC points assuming no freak accidents tomorrow, Jakobsen, Ewan and Kooij did their bit in the sprints and not picking Evenepoel looks the right call. If Dekker can win Drenthe tomorrow, that would be the icing on the cake and maybe even land me a weekly win.

Copy that (only I don't have Kooij).

Our teams are eerily similar.

Annoying for me that López decided to not be good today, though.

Evenepoel and Lopez disappear from the top ten in T-A. Meanwhile, all the riders I excluded for largely illogical reasons (Hindley/Jakobsen/Martinez, and no doubt Sosa soon) continue to flourish. This is by far the most dispiriting team I've followed in the game. I'll give it to the end of The Giro before giving up. But really need Bettiol, Moscon, Vermeersch or Baroncini to be this year's Colbrelli/Laporte/Trentin at this stage.

Good week! Probably the best one yet.

Points from Hindley, Pinot, Ciccone, Lopez, Jungels and Buchmann in T-A.

I like look of Kooij. Seems like a very good talent. A little more worried about Fuglsang so far. He was solid in Valenciana but has since then been pretty sub-par. Hope he finds form by the time Ardennes comes around.

Martinez, Leknessund and Kragh Andersen scored some points in P-N. Leknessund seems to a have taken a step over the winter! Hope he keeps developing over the season. Kragh Andersen with a decent result GC-wise for him and 5th on the last stage is promising with the classics being right around the corner. He attacked a couple of times during the week. Seems like he is in good form.

Only some 5-pointers from a few other riders.

Really hope Moscon starts showing something soon... and Vermeersch.

Decent enough week. Martinez and Kragh Andersen were my only finishers in Paris-Nice, but picked up a few points between them.

Landa, Ciccone, Evenepoel, Lopez and Jungels from Tirreno. Plus Ewan stage win earlier in week. Shame Geoghegan Hart was DNS today. Quick calculation about 600 points on the week.

Too many picks not performing; Pidcock, Hirschi, Stewart (Jake) and Bennett (Sam) giving me nothing.

Also worried I got a little excited about the prospects for Viviani at Ineos and Buchmann appears to be a domestique only. Geoghegan-Hart way down the order at Ineos and Jorgenson was DNF after a solid week.

To make things worst I spent the week cheering on Arensman, before realising that I had not picked him!

At least McNulty, Simmons, Pinot and Hindley got some points.

Update #9: Eyeballs on the top spot

The season is really on now. This week saw two WT stage races of the highest level in Paris-Nice and Tirenno-Adriatico, with the two Slovenians dominating affairs as expected. With no one having Roglic and only 3 teams with Pogacar, the top points were unavailable to most CQ game teams, but nevertheless the two high-point races shook things up quite a bit this week.

This Week's Top Scorers

RankTeamPoints this week
1Squire907
2MADRAZO905
3Object894
4search860
5Eyeballs Out857

It's a very tight race at the top this week, but Squire ekes out the victory with over 900 points. This is due to a few standout riders, most notably Dani Martinez (192 points, 33 teams), a resurgent Mikel Landa (183 points, 20 teams), and Jai Hindley (123 points, 64 teams). Add in 92 from Pinot and 62 from Kooij and a smattering of others and you've got just enough to edge out MADRAZO, who holds down second place this week with the exact same named riders but not quite enough support further down. Last year's champ Object shows up in third, just a few points behind with the same top 3 but also Thymen Arensman (110 points, 13 teams) and a disappointing Remco Evenepoel (75 points, 35 teams).

Green Jersey Competition

Eyeballs Out closes the gap to ray10, netting 22 points for 5th on the week. repre scores 6 points on the week to vault into the top 5; otherwise, that's all the scoring from the top 5 this week.

Top 10 Overall

RankUp/downTeamPoints
1(+3)3103
2(+1)EvansIsTheBest3092
3(+3)Squire3068
4(-2)Nyssinator3044
5(+2)MADRAZO3040
6(+4)search2964
7(+1)repre2889
8(-3)laarsland2852
9(+11)comodoro2812
10(+6)Earns19852802

With a great week and a great season so far, Eyeballs Out gains the top spot this week, breaking the 3000 point barrier. EvansIsTheBest comes oh so close to returning to the top, and is only 11 points behind in second, while this week's winner Squire moves onto the podium only a few dozen points behind. Things are very tight at the top and it's still early in the season, but these teams have set themselves up well for the long haul. Comodoro and Earns1985 jump into the top 10, while ray10 falls all the way from first to out of the top 10, and Rakim drops out as well.

This week is a little less full on than the simultaneous stage races, but there's plenty of one-day racing to go around, starting on Wednesday with Nokere Koerse and Milan-Torino, then GP Denain on Thursday, Koksijde Classic Friday, and the first Monument of the season in Milan-San Remo on Saturday.

spreadsheet at dropbox

TRENDING THREADS