• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2nd Tour De Yorkshire (2.1) 29/04 - 1/05/16

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
TMP402 said:
luckyboy said:
Gigs_98 said:
Holy s***, these crowds :eek:

BC should let them add the extra day for next year. Make it another hilly day like this instead of the other boring sprint stages.

Or keep it at three, but make this stage a new one-day race.

This needs to be a one day race. Right after the Ardennes.

Best day of racing i have seen this year after Paris-Roubaix.

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Of course it all comes down to money and how much towns want the race, but they really need to keep this Scarborough stage in this race.

I noticed the Mayor giving Voeckler what looked like a framed picture of the town. Nice touch.

But that's just one of about a thousand freebies they seem to give in this race!

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Of course it all comes down to money and how much towns want the race, but they really need to keep this Scarborough stage in this race.

I wouldn't mind the race going to 4 days, maybe 2 sprints, another hilly stage and this one.
Ideally have a sprint stage, a stage with some cobbled hills around Halifax and Keighley, maybe an echelon-baiting stage around the coast or on the higher plateau, and then a hilly stage like this one. Something for every type of classics rider, and all you'd have to do is change the order of the stages to completely change the dynamic the following year.

To all those giving as per usual Nicolas Roche a hard time ...remember who opened up the race on the climbs...best climber today
Yes he messed up but I defy anyone who is not a sprinter to beat Vockleur in the same position....I guess Roche was sh***** himself.. He doesn't have much experience of such situation unlike Vockleur

TRENDING THREADS