• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The annual 'who wins the Tour de France poll' 2020 edition

Who wins the Tour de France 2020?

• Roglic

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Bernal

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Pinot

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • Pogacar

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Quintana

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Landa

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Alaphilippe

• Martinez

• Other

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess at this point there is no faith in Thomas, the Movistars, The Yates, the Astanas.

Here's my response for your question.
I didn't think S Yates was going to the Tour. I don't think A Yates is a GT GC contender.
The Movistars -- well if you listen to Valverde today you'd swear the team has no chance to even win any stages from a break let alone finish anywhere near the top 10 in GC. Granted I think he's speaking more out of a very high level of frustration, although their form isn't good enough for anything more than maybe a top 10 or some stage hunting.
The Astanas I have no idea about.
Thomas' form is worse than the Movistars.

I need medical updates and Roglic and Bernal before making decisions on them.

My question for Pinot is can he figure out how to get through a 3 week race. I think he has the form.

I just want to vote for 2020 because the entire season, heck season for all sports, is messed up anyway.

For me, this is one of the hardest Tours to call out. Usually, the writing is on the wall. This time around, all grafitti has just been buffed.

But i'd love to see Pinot win. If not, i've always had a soft spot for Tommy D. I'd also love to see Nairo in top shape, having to attack pretty much every time the road rises.

I voted for Landa because landismo. :cool:
A healthy Bernal is my pick, but who knows how he's doing. I think Roglic will have some problems in the 3rd week, I expect him to fade. My heart says Pinot, he and Tom Dom have a legit chance of winning the whole thing.

Voted Dumoulin, hoping Dumoulin. But Roglic, Pinot, Dumoulin, Bernal likely top contenders, with at least one dropping out, crashing, or underperforming, and an unexpected performance sneaking into top 5.

And god help me but I’m finding myself invested in Froome finding his form. Guys got grit.
I'm with you on Froome. On the spectrum of love to hate, I've been pretty close to the latter for the last decade. But: I would be happy to see him on the top step, especially given his team doesn't really believe anymore.

I originally said Roglic but i think he may be going a bit too well recently and may well suffer in the latter parts. Therefore, I'm gonna go for Dumo, he's been slowly building up and the latter ITT may give him the edge. So for me, 1. Dumo, 2. Bernal, 3. Pogacar, 4. Porte 5. Roglic 6. Buchmann 7. MA Lopez 8. NQ 9. A.Yates 10. Landa.

This is the most open Tour in such a long time, I genuinely have no idea who's going to podium, let alone win.

Heart says Guillaume Martin makes the podium, but I'm going to go with:

1. Bernal
  2. Pinot
  3. Landa
Roglic will be leading until week 3 and still one of the three strongest riders, but ultimately burn out and fall off the podium.

Have a feeling Porte and Quintana will do a lot better than expected, Poga to disappoint and Dumoulin to lose out cos rabofail gonna rabofail

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. 64%