• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The annual 'who wins the Tour de France poll' 2020 edition

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins the Tour de France 2020?

• Roglic

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Bernal

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Pinot

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • Pogacar

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Quintana

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Landa

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Alaphilippe

• Martinez

• Other

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A good analysis that I agree very much with. Might I just add that between Bernal and Roglic, I find that Bernal is the safest bet. I know it's a strange thing to say, given that Roglic has arguably looked the best of the two so far, but Bernal is just such a grinder on the mountains. He almost always looks laboured and yet he is almost impossible to drop in the high mountains. I think more question marks can be raised about Roglic in the high mountains, where I have not yet seen him produce huge performances like Bernal did in the Tour last year. The stage to Col de la Loze will be a key stage for this reason, I believe.

Outside of the single shortened stage Bernal wasn´t any better than Pinot or Buchmann in the mountains. Not really sure why everyone thinks that he can drop his opponents at will in the high mountains.

Reactions: Scarponi
  1. Roglic
  2. Bernal

3. Pogacar

Honestly if Roglic and Bernal are fully recovered from the issues that caused them to leave the Dauphine early I think it will be a head to head like Contador-Rasmussen 2007 and Contador-Schleck 2010 with a decent scrap for the bottom step of the podium.

I gave my vote to Dumoulin. He just looked the best at the last stage of Dauphine. Pinot and Roglic are total question marks at this moment. Like there has been many comments already about the fact that first time in ages there is no clear favourite. Whats not to like about that.

I gave my vote to Dumoulin. He just looked the best at the last stage of Dauphine. Pinot and Roglic are total question marks at this moment. Like there has been many comments already about the fact that first time in ages there is no clear favourite. Whats not to like about that.
He looked best sitting on Tibopino’s wheel after everyone else had crashed out, tbf. I’d love to see him do it, but by the end of the Dauphiné it was really a case of “don’t read too much into this race, guys.” Unless you’re Dave Brailsford, of course.

I voted for Dumoulin. Heart says Mas, but he’s nowhere near ready this year.

Dumoulin looked scary good in the Dauphiné I thought. I wouldn’t be shocked if Tom, Pinot, Roglic, or Bernal won, but only the first two am I somewhat sure are in great shape physically.

If Roglic is healthy, he's clearly the best positioned to win. This Tour is very different than the previous ones however, so I'm not sure how good an indicator dominance at the Dauphine will be. Like, I can see Bernal reaching his peak by the end of the second week and dominating like we haven't really seen him do so far.

My heart says this is a perfect Tour for Nairo to be a strong wildcard, but his injury, if bad, would really get worse as the road starts to turn up in the final week. So my wildcard is Pinot. He has the potential to be good everywhere, including the lone ITT stage, and should be getting better in the 3rd week.

TRENDING THREADS