• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The annual 'who wins the Tour de France poll' 2020 edition

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins the Tour de France 2020?

• Roglic

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Bernal

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Pinot

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • Pogacar

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Quintana

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Landa

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Alaphilippe

• Martinez

• Other

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what? *** this! I'm gonna make a Silly Top 10 - in line with my Silly Stage Predictions - as well. Using a random number generator, and logic should not be applied!

1. Quentin Pacher
2. Tiesj Benoot
3. Dario Cataldo
4. Niccolò Bonifazio
5. Julian Alaphilippe
6. Nelson Oliveira
7. Edvald Boasson Hagen
8. Richard Carapaz
9. Cees Bol
10. Mathieu Burgaudeau

Yep! France will have their first Tour winner in over 30 years, but not the guy anyone was expecting. You heard it here first! :cool:

You know what? *** this! I'm gonna make a Silly Top 10 - in line with my Silly Stage Predictions - as well. Using a random number generator, and logic should not be applied!

1. Quentin Pacher
2. Tiesj Benoot
3. Dario Cataldo
4. Niccolò Bonifazio
5. Julian Alaphilippe
6. Nelson Oliveira
7. Edvald Boasson Hagen
8. Richard Carapaz
9. Cees Bol
10. Mathieu Burgaudeau

Yep! France will have their first Tour winner in over 30 years, but not the guy anyone was expecting. You heard it here first! :cool:
In order for this to happen Covid needs to help you!

1. Quentin Pacher
2. Tiesj Benoot
3. Dario Cataldo
4. Niccolò Bonifazio
5. Julian Alaphilippe
6. Nelson Oliveira
7. Edvald Boasson Hagen
8. Richard Carapaz
9. Cees Bol
10. Mathieu Burgaudeau

Well it's possible for a Movistar rider to finish top 10, but Oliveira is not the one I'd be picking. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: RedheadDane

1. Quentin Pacher
2. Tiesj Benoot
3. Dario Cataldo
4. Niccolò Bonifazio
5. Julian Alaphilippe
6. Nelson Oliveira
7. Edvald Boasson Hagen
8. Richard Carapaz
9. Cees Bol
10. Mathieu Burgaudeau

So Sunweb is going for GC with Bol and that's why they did not take Matthews. He probably did not see the brilliance of this plan and tried to put up an argument.

Well it's possible for a Movistar rider to finish top 10, but Oliveira is not the one I'd be picking. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm quite excited who you are going to pick in the end, since you let us wait so long. ;)

So I had a dream that the bib number of the winner would be 76

Just looked it up ....its Daniel Martinez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are the chances of that ....it could have been anyone..anyone like Greipel or Haller could have had bib number 76 for all I knew...What are the chances its the Dauphine winner

its an omen

Interesting. Remember Talensky and Valverde have both won the Dauphine without winning the Tour. However, at least Martinez a possibility.

Reactions: Sandisfan
When you voted Pinot

dd0.jpg

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
Cool

Can you now give me the lottery numbers?

Well of course it was lottery, but if you follow Pogačar on strava you can acually see when he is preparing for peaking. When he was dominating before corona he didn´t even properly peak. Also last year on Vuelta he showed that he has amazing recovery and on the last year WC and this year´s MSR he showed he has amazing endurance. I like him as a rider since juniors so it was also little bit of wishful thinking :)

TRENDING THREADS