• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Red Bull - Bora - Hansgrohe team thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To answer this from an football and F1 perspective: they will absolutely bring their own managers but they are usually good in holding (or acquiring) expertise in a certain sports as well, so if they are happy with Denk, he will stay.

Furthermore, RB always wants to have the say in key decisions and I guess that's why they go for 51% as well here. So totally expect a rebranding with logo on jersey and company in name. Obviously some compromise with Bora needs to be found as long as RB is not 100% owner (for which they usually go).

But generally good news for cycling. Big European company acquiring a WT-team majority is a a positive sign, I would say (without being a too big fan of Red Bull either).

New team name? New jersey?

Big, big news. It's funny that Red Bull were rumored to be involved in the Rogla transfer (which was denied) & now they go big & get a majority stake in the team itself.

In any case it's always great to see big companies investing in cycling.
Yes, I think a lot of people have dreamt of bigger and more stable sponsors in the sport for a long time, then we get petrol states and moan about it.

I guess they will get a new name, but there might need to let some contracts run out.

by some comments on twitter I see Redbull is not very liked, both in football and F1
In Football they have the whole multi club model, which fans doesn't like and they are bending the 50+1 rule a bit in Germany. And it is problematic that Red Bull Salzburg and Red Bull Leipzig(sorry mean Rasen Ballsport Leipzig) play in the same tournaments and all that.

But a lot of it is "Old money doesn't like New Money" Ferrari think it's unfair whenever they fail to win against a team that wasn't around in the 70s and Bayern fans are terrified they might not win 40 BuLi titles in a row. So sometimes legitimate concerns are taken to a bit of an extreme with Red Bull because there are emotions involved.

So, that new jersey/team kit we saw the other day, is now a collecter's item?
I suppose we'll never know the details, but the Roglic signing (and his coach etc) and the Red Bull involvement must have some connection.
Hopefully this is some long term commitment to cycling and not some part of the "one cycling" circus that's been talked about.

In Football they have the whole multi club model, which fans doesn't like and they are bending the 50+1 rule a bit in Germany. And it is problematic that Red Bull Salzburg and Red Bull Leipzig(sorry mean Rasen Ballsport Leipzig) play in the same tournaments and all that.

But a lot of it is "Old money doesn't like New Money" Ferrari think it's unfair whenever they fail to win against a team that wasn't around in the 70s and Bayern fans are terrified they might not win 40 BuLi titles in a row. So sometimes legitimate concerns are taken to a bit of an extreme with Red Bull because there are emotions involved.
Red Bull football teams also have a very distinct style of play that not everybody likes. It takes away the skill and focuses on speed and physicality. I don't know how that could translate to cycling, Gegenpressing on a bike will be interesting to watch.

Yes, I think a lot of people have dreamt of bigger and more stable sponsors in the sport for a long time, then we get petrol states and moan about it.

I guess they will get a new name, but there might need to let some contracts run out.

Just a small detail which might or might not be of consequence, i.e. I noticed a couple of days ago Bora's X profile (Twitter) hadn't updated their header or anything in the new year. Unlike every other WT team out there with new colors, jerseys etc. Bora hasn't touched theirs: https://twitter.com/BORAhansgrohe

Maybe because something was going on & more changes were incoming. I would expect Red Bull to be on the jersey now, in any case.