• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Happy 4th everyone
4thjulyparade-1.jpeg

it's only the 3rd you know :p

Susan Westemeyer said:
Kitty ripped up the pads on her right rear paw. The vet said there was no point in trying to put any kind of bandage on it, so we should keep her in the house until it is healed. She is very much of an outdoor cat and ALWAYS spends the night out.

Saturday she woke us as 4 a.m., 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Not fun.

Sunday I went to bed at 1 a.m. (incredibly late for me). She woke me at 4:30 and I swear kept on meowing until 6 or so.

She is now sleeping and my husband and I are half-dead for lack of sleep......

Susan

poor kitty.
but poor you! Cats are worse than babies sometimes...:)
I see a few more sleepless nights..ugh. good luck

whenever we go out of town we have a friend of one of our sons feed our cat. She stays in while we are gone and they come over to feed her once a day...but since she is shy she has hiding places and no one ever sees her, but only can tell she is ok by the food being eaten and her litter.

This is Sweetpea caught in the act of hiding under a built-in kitchen bench, ambushed by an arm reaching in with a cell phone cam...
the secret lives of cats...:)

picture.php

Our cats disappear too when strangers appear. But his weekend they were reintroduced to another fear... fireworks. Started last night at the neighbors with the usual little poppers. But then a few that I swear were 3x the sound of M80's. More like a 10 GA shotgun blast. Man did they dive for cover fast... peeling out down the hallway like a cartoon character going 100 mph with no traction. The dogs look like, hey isn't this out of season? Then go back to sleep.

Susan Westemeyer said:
Kitty ripped up the pads on her right rear paw. The vet said there was no point in trying to put any kind of bandage on it, so we should keep her in the house until it is healed. She is very much of an outdoor cat and ALWAYS spends the night out.

Saturday she woke us as 4 a.m., 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Not fun.

Sunday I went to bed at 1 a.m. (incredibly late for me). She woke me at 4:30 and I swear kept on meowing until 6 or so.

She is now sleeping and my husband and I are half-dead for lack of sleep......

Susan

How did Kitty get her pads ripped up? Or did she just show up that way after a night out?

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Pretty angry at my 21 year old boy.

He is must be angry that I keep waking up early to watch Le Tour. I am messing with his beauty sleep I guess. He got me back today.

Around about 5 km to go and he jumps on the couch, landing his back feet on the TV remote just right to change channels. I go to grab the remote to change the channel back just as he moves off it which knocks the remote under the coffee table. As I get up to get it, he sits on the iPad, knocking the app off. I was stuck watching an infomercial and a black iPad screen. He just sits in the spot I was sitting, staring at me.:cool:

on3m@n@rmy said:
How did Kitty get her pads ripped up? Or did she just show up that way after a night out?

We can only assume it was one heck of a cat party.......

Of the three of us at home, I am the caretaker (workat home, so I am always here for her), our son is the play mate, and my husband is her Great Love. She has always preferred him, but lately it has been ridiculous. She ignores the rest of us and cannot see him without jumping into his lap. Sometimes even before he has sat down all the way......

Even he finds her obsessive devotion embarassing now. I swear, she lays in his lap and looks at me like "He's MINE!!!! I am with him, not you!"

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
We can only assume it was one heck of a cat party.......

Of the three of us at home, I am the caretaker (workat home, so I am always here for her), our son is the play mate, and my husband is her Great Love. She has always preferred him, but lately it has been ridiculous. She ignores the rest of us and cannot see him without jumping into his lap. Sometimes even before he has sat down all the way......

Even he finds her obsessive devotion embarassing now. I swear, she lays in his lap and looks at me like "He's MINE!!!! I am with him, not you!"
Susan

Hehe. That's funny. I wonder if that's a cat thing. My wife is the favorite of our big gray boy I call Tank. He prefers to lay on her, not me. Our petite little girl prefers me.

usedtobefast said:
cats are pretty strange,mysterious creatures. cunning and wise, and sometimes dumber than a lode of wood.(a fatal mistake) still we love them.

You mean like when Kitty comes in the backdoor out of a pouring rain, glares at me (because it is obviously my fault) and then runs to the front door to go out, because we all know the weather out front is totally different.....

Susan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
You mean like when Kitty comes in the backdoor out of a pouring rain, glares at me (because it is obviously my fault) and then runs to the front door to go out, because we all know the weather out front is totally different.....

Susan

Wow, her memory is shorter than a goldfish.

May 23, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine's apartment was nearly burned down by his cat. The cat walked across the buttons of his electric stove, turning it on, and a towel lying on a burner caught fire. The cat was found cowering in the tub. It had jumped over the sliding shower door and through the gap between the door and the ceiling.

Damiano Machiavelli said:
A friend of mine's apartment was nearly burned down by his cat. The cat walked across the buttons of his electric stove, turning it on, and a towel lying on a burner caught fire. The cat was found cowering in the tub. It had jumped over the sliding shower door and through the gap between the door and the ceiling.

!!!! that cat was pretty darn smart to head for the shower! :)
...and pretty lucky

shawnrohrbach said:
Here's a clip of my cat asleep on the top of my stove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8d2FpkTkHk

Tough day at work for that cat!

Damiano Machiavelli said:

Cats do crazy things, but I never heard of that one.

Alpe d'Huez said:
These three Caracal kittens were recently born at our local zoo. Apparently they love to play.

attachment.php

Cute little farts. I had no idea what a Caracal was, so found out they are a medium sized cat (but larger than you'd prolly want around the house):

caracal_cat.jpg

and might be a bit on the fierce side:
caracal.jpg

I have a few small ankel-biting yapper neighbor dogs I'd like to have taken care of.

TRENDING THREADS