• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
redtreviso said:
my cat is more hemmingway cat than the hemmingway cats..
Here's a pic showing his feet..he has 4+2 with a tiny extra thumb in between, out back 4 and 1 sort of thumb then an extra thumb..His name is Toes or ET...(extra toes)

toes101804g.jpg
now thats a cat!

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
joe_papp said:
Oh my, she's really cute. Sweet pu$$y(cat)!

I used to date a Czech girl who would be waiting for me like that when I got home from training. Best two weeks of my life! :p

You can do whatever you want, but NEVER EVER touch her carton(s) :p

For that CZECH girl: I believe you every single word. :D

May 23, 2010
Visit site
One of those powerpoint picture shows (amazing pictures) some people spread around the internet has this picture in it...I'm always getting mail from friends telling me they saw my cat again.. I should have watermarked the picture..

bathdrink28.jpg

A

Anonymous

We are being invaded :eek:

WE moved to the new house at the start of August bringing with us 3 cats, all black and white. Fairly early on after moving a little tabby and white about 1 year old was hanging around the garden and eventually after about three weeks it ventured into the house and started eating the food, polishing off three bowls. This continued for a few days, it started turning up for breakfast lunch and dinner, and eventually it just of its own accord decided to stay.

its not been living with us about a month, has been reported, nobody claimed, gets on fine with our cats and last weekend was finally named..

And then there were four.

Three days ago, sat in the front room and tabby is eating from the bowl, and polished off about 3 bowls., and we are looking at her thinking, she appears to have grown a bit.. Then it started wandering around the house and realised this was in fact not tabby but a new almost identical tabby that was perhaps 2 years older and a lot bigger. OUr cats took no notice assuming it was tabby, and just left it to it. Then tabby came in, and our cats did a complete double take, confused to hell as to which one was which.

Tabby two has now been turning up for breakfast and dinner each day.

Three days in, and tabby 2 has now decided she is going to go to sleep on the sofa.

What the hell is going on!!!!! Cats are just moving in with us.

(this did happen to my father, he moved house with 3 and had 6 within 3 months)...

TeamSkyFans said:
We are being invaded :eek:

WE moved to the new house at the start of August bringing with us 3 cats, all black and white. Fairly early on after moving a little tabby and white about 1 year old was hanging around the garden and eventually after about three weeks it ventured into the house and started eating the food, polishing off three bowls. This continued for a few days, it started turning up for breakfast lunch and dinner, and eventually it just of its own accord decided to stay.

its not been living with us about a month, has been reported, nobody claimed, gets on fine with our cats and last weekend was finally named..

And then there were four.

Three days ago, sat in the front room and tabby is eating from the bowl, and polished off about 3 bowls., and we are looking at her thinking, she appears to have grown a bit.. Then it started wandering around the house and realised this was in fact not tabby but a new almost identical tabby that was perhaps 2 years older and a lot bigger. OUr cats took no notice assuming it was tabby, and just left it to it. Then tabby came in, and our cats did a complete double take, confused to hell as to which one was which.

Tabby two has now been turning up for breakfast and dinner each day.

Three days in, and tabby 2 has now decided she is going to go to sleep on the sofa.

What the hell is going on!!!!! Cats are just moving in with us.

(this did happen to my father, he moved house with 3 and had 6 within 3 months)...

you have been selected as cat friendly by the cats.:D

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
DSCN0368.JPG

Charlie is thinking about his next victim:D

We have a neighbourhood cat who looks a lot like Charlie. He's huge, a real gentle giant. Beautiful cat. We give names to the cats that come visiting our puss, and we called this visiting cat Miaowy as he was very talkative. One day I caught sight of his name tag and discovered his proper name ... Hercules. It really suits him.

Some of these photos are simply amazing. Our cat, Tottie, seizes up as soon as anyone gets near her with a camera. Maybe I'll have to try harder.

@Dim, your cats are very welcoming to other cats. I think we'd have an appalling hissing & scratching contest if other cats decided they wanted to move in here.

Spare Tyre said:
We have a neighbourhood cat who looks a lot like Charlie. He's huge, a real gentle giant. Beautiful cat. We give names to the cats that come visiting our puss, and we called this visiting cat Miaowy as he was very talkative. One day I caught sight of his name tag and discovered his proper name ... Hercules. It really suits him.

Some of these photos are simply amazing. Our cat, Tottie, seizes up as soon as anyone gets near her with a camera. Maybe I'll have to try harder.

@Dim, your cats are very welcoming to other cats. I think we'd have an appalling hissing & scratching contest if other cats decided they wanted to move in here.
i call Charlie "the runway model of cats" as he seems to like the camera. he is a big fluffball .

A

Anonymous

Update on the invading tabbies story.

Took them to the vets (one of them had a tick) and got them both scanned for chips, and got the details of the owner. Lives two doors away.

Now legally, the owners get them back although we had some concerns. Why the hell hadnt the owner put any signs up, knocked on any doors, contacted any vets about their missing cats. When one of ours went missing, within two days every vet knew, the rspca etc knew, and we had put posters on every lampost within a mile and put slips through 500 doors. Clearly the woman didnt give a crap. We also had some concerns about how they reacted to being told off, if one was scratching the sofa and even looked at it it panicked and ran away upstairs and hid. But anyway, contacted her and she came to collect them (eventually, she said 6pm and turned up at 9pm).

First cat got in the basket ok. Second cat refused to have anything to do with her and kept running away but eventually got it in the basket. She took them back, and I advised her to keep them in for a few days (this was on the thursday) so that they remembered where they lived etc. She was barely pleased to see them, and mumbled "well they seem happy here, if they come back to you maybe you should keep them"..

Surprise Surprise sunday afternoon, first tabby turns up, walks in and goes upstairs to sleep. Two days later second one turns up starving hungry, eats and sits on the sofa.

THeyve been back living with us again for nearly two weeks. And the girl hasnt even knocked on the door to see if they are here. Clearly doesnt give a ****. We need to get in touch with her though and take legal owndership and get the chips changed over to us, although with her complete disinterest i think thats going to be a struggle.

But anyway.. we currently have five :D

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Update on the invading tabbies story.

Took them to the vets (one of them had a tick) and got them both scanned for chips, and got the details of the owner. Lives two doors away.

Now legally, the owners get them back although we had some concerns. Why the hell hadnt the owner put any signs up, knocked on any doors, contacted any vets about their missing cats. When one of ours went missing, within two days every vet knew, the rspca etc knew, and we had put posters on every lampost within a mile and put slips through 500 doors. Clearly the woman didnt give a crap. We also had some concerns about how they reacted to being told off, if one was scratching the sofa and even looked at it it panicked and ran away upstairs and hid. But anyway, contacted her and she came to collect them (eventually, she said 6pm and turned up at 9pm).

First cat got in the basket ok. Second cat refused to have anything to do with her and kept running away but eventually got it in the basket. She took them back, and I advised her to keep them in for a few days (this was on the thursday) so that they remembered where they lived etc. She was barely pleased to see them, and mumbled "well they seem happy here, if they come back to you maybe you should keep them"..

Surprise Surprise sunday afternoon, first tabby turns up, walks in and goes upstairs to sleep. Two days later second one turns up starving hungry, eats and sits on the sofa.

THeyve been back living with us again for nearly two weeks. And the girl hasnt even knocked on the door to see if they are here. Clearly doesnt give a ****. We need to get in touch with her though and take legal owndership and get the chips changed over to us, although with her complete disinterest i think thats going to be a struggle.

But anyway.. we currently have five :D

You never know, with her complete disinterest maybe it will be pretty easy to get formal ownership signed over. Here in Melbourne I have heard of a local council acting as liaison in such things. Worth a try?

Sheesh, it'd be cheaper for you to get a house-sitter for the house than to pay cat boarding fees if you go on holiday. :D

You & your wife are clearly good people, Dim, and the cats know it.

A

Anonymous

Spare Tyre said:
You never know, with her complete disinterest maybe it will be pretty easy to get formal ownership signed over. Here in Melbourne I have heard of a local council acting as liaison in such things. Worth a try?

Sheesh, it'd be cheaper for you to get a house-sitter for the house than to pay cat boarding fees if you go on holiday. :D

You & your wife are clearly good people, Dim, and the cats know it.

Will get the wife to give her a knock over the weekend. Shes more tactful than me.

on the positive side the smaller of the two (female) is really starting to come out of herself now. She was always freindlyish with us but the last week or so she has really settled. Always looking for attention, following us around the house constantly purring, rubbing against us, always looking for cuddles on the sofa, and has started playing. She's even amazingly got the grumpy old female cat playing a little bit as well, and she hasnt played in about ten years. Turning into a very happy confident little cat now. People are always surprised at how friendly our cats are - well in the house anyway - outside they run a mile as soon as they see a stranger - its how you treat them, ive never understood people who have cats that run away all the time and never seem happy (obvious exceptions, captured strays etc)

A

Anonymous

Gordon says "I like these new beds" - sadly 2 beds between 5 doesnt go. Both were comandeered within 2 minutes of being assembled.
148456_10150092387238243_725768242_7150559_2630954_n.jpg

My brother and his wife were adopted by a cat. They found the owners, and more or less agreed to share the cat. Now the other family is moving away. My brother said he won't ask to have the cat (named Hera) but if they offer her, he will accept.

And if it doesn't work out, they will look seriously into adopting a kitty sometime after the holidays.

He will be over to visit us in March, Kitty loves to nap sleeping on his chest when he naps on our couch.

Susan

WE have had freezing temps and about 4 inches of snow on the ground for a while now. Kitty does NOT like this.

She runs to the back door, I open it, she sticks her nose out and runs back inside. Then she tries the front door, because of course there the sun is shining and it is warm, right? Same story again.

Eventually we throw her out (with increasing difficulty). We did that this morning and since then, after being outside about two minutes, she is doing her very best "We are not amused" act and refuses to have anything to do with me.

That will last until she gets hungry, which won't be long.

Susan