• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cat Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Over the last few weeks we have twice had a pheasant visit us in the backyard. They are quite common in the fields here, but no one has ever seen on actually in the neighborhood before.

Yesterday he came right up to the backdoor and looked in. Kitty saw him and absolutely could not understand why I didn't let her out to go get him. Those birds are big!

Susan

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I just watched an episode of "Nurse Jackie". A guy came into the emergency room with cuts and scratchs on his scrotum. Turns out he was scrubbing his bathtub in the nude. While hanging over the tub, his cat came up behind and saw a little pink, hairy mouse swaying back and forth and pounced. I wonder if this was based on a true story.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
this thread needs a new picture

toes010805a.jpg

nice pic red!

Susan, I like your story. Reminds me of one in our backyard, which sees a lot of deer traffic. A couple summers ago there were a pair of little fawns walking around the yard. Our cat, SweetPea, was lying in the dirt next to the back office in the sun, when one of the curious little fawns kept inching closer and closer to her. We were watching from the other side of the yard, hoping that Pea wouldn't swipe her claws at the little nose as the fawn cautiously came right up and sniffed her. She didn't move, but just strained her head back and looked indignant as only a cat can.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Susan Westemeyer said:
Over the last few weeks we have twice had a pheasant visit us in the backyard. They are quite common in the fields here, but no one has ever seen on actually in the neighborhood before.

Yesterday he came right up to the backdoor and looked in. Kitty saw him and absolutely could not understand why I didn't let her out to go get him. Those birds are big!

Susan
pheasant doesn't have a chance
Badass%20kitty%20%7C%20Best%20Funny%20Gifs%20and%20Animated%20Gifs%20Updated%20Daily%20-%20Gif%20Bin.gif

Cat Takes On Alligator

Just hanging out and killing time relaxing on the forum tonight....after a great two hour ride with friends today. I've been perusing this thread and am amazed at how many members are cat people! I really enjoyed the Moscow Cat Theatre, the multiple pix, etc....read some interesting posts. I also live above 5000 ft, have a brother who lives near one cat lover (tustin) ....amazing it really is a small world and cat people have much in common! Thanks for all the fun posts.
cheers

We finally moved my computer from the living room to my office. At first Kitty hated it, as she had to walk soooooo far to let me know she was dying of starvation.

I have my desk at the window, and she has now discovered she can sit in my inbox and look out the window. Which is what she is doing right now.

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
We finally moved my computer from the living room to my office. At first Kitty hated it, as she had to walk soooooo far to let me know she was dying of starvation.

I have my desk at the window, and she has now discovered she can sit in my inbox and look out the window. Which is what she is doing right now.

Susan

Our 2 cats don't like change much. Like when we go away for a few days or more, the extra bowls of food and water come out. Then the luggage. They get curious. Or is it they know what's coming and know they'll be able to get up on the kitchen counter all they want.

So is that your cat in your avatar, Susan?

I love the big cats! ..and Susan what a cute tortoiseshell...

Why is it that whenever the suitcases/duffels come out that a cat immediately knows that something is up....:)

my tabby, Sweetpea... she hates it when we are gone...cats do not like change at all do they. We had to put up this 'fake Sweetpea' because whenever our friends come to feed her when we are gone, they never see her..she hides
picture.php

TRENDING THREADS