• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Chicken will confess today

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
spalco said:
That's completely crazy if true. How can you even withdraw 2.5 litres of blood within a couple months and still compete/train hard at the same time? Or did he prepare for years for this, switching bags regularly?

eta: or maybe a "bag" is not necessarily half a litre here.

In Lance's later years he reduced the volume of each infusion to avoid getting caught. I recall reading about bags with only 150ml in them. 5 of those would probably be the right amount for a tour.

WinterRider said:
In Lance's later years he reduced the volume of each infusion to avoid getting caught. I recall reading about bags with only 150ml in them. 5 of those would probably be the right amount for a tour.
The passport wasn't in place so why would he? There were theories about him running out of bags in 2007, I'm sure he cleared everything up in detail.

Regarding health: Cyclists use pharmaceuticals mostly well within the therapeutic range. So basically side effects should be exactly the same as for any regular patient, this applies to long term effects on cancer cells as well (hGH, EPO, T). I wonder if the combined administration will lead to funny effects, though...

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Mr.38% said:
The passport wasn't in place so why would he? There were theories about him running out of bags in 2007, I'm sure he cleared everything up in detail.

Regarding health: Cyclists use pharmaceuticals mostly well within the therapeutic range. So basically side effects should be exactly the same as for any regular patient, this applies to long term effects on cancer cells as well (hGH, EPO, T). I wonder if the combined administration will lead to funny effects, though...

Some pretty scary stuff if you google the side affects though...

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
The footage from the press conference: http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article1911772.ece

I have translated, as verbatim as possible:

I announce that my career as an active rider stops today. The reason for this is that I have chosen to cooperate with the relevant anti doping authorities to assist in cleaning up the sport and solve one of the most serious problems in the sport right now. The relevant authorities in my case are: ADD (Anti Doping Denmark), WADA (World Anti Doping Agency), and also the ADAs of USA and Holland respectively. The consequence of my cooperation with them will be a suspension which I am prepared to recieve.

I have used doping agents and methods in the years 1998 - 2010. It involves EPO, growth hormone, testosterone, DHA (??), insuline, IgF1, cortisone and blood transfusions. What I specifically have used, where, when and how, those informations I have delivered to the anti doping authorities. My agreement with them involves a confidenciality which means that I am not allowed to talk about it today. The time for that might come later.

I realize that I have cheated and that I have lied and I have decieved people and cheated other athletes. I am ready to make amends for this and I am ready to take my punishment for it. At the same time I would like to express my incredibly big gratitude towards Claus and Christina for being part of creating this cycling team but at the same time and most of all the incredibly tough time that both I and my my family have gone through lately.

When I get up and leave this room today it will be as an incredibly relieved man. Then I will no longer have a heavy burden to carry around, as I have done for the last incredibly many years. I am happy that I won't have to sit and lie to you anymore when you ask me about my past. At the same time I would like to express a great gratitude towards all those fans for a fantastic support through many years as an active bikerider and thanks to you for taking the time to be here today.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
the asian said:
Must have disclosed a truckload of info to get the ban reduced to 2 years.

I really really hope so. I think it is possible. Michael is the kind of guy who goes all in. When he has made his mind up he doesn't hold back.

Ppfft. Call that a confession. He didn't even look up the word 'cheat', and he totally forgot to say everyone was doing it and it was a level playing field.
He also forgot completely to play the victim card.
The chicken has a lot to learn about confessing to doping.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Ppfft. Call that a confession. He didn't even look up the word 'cheat', and he totally forgot to say everyone was doing it and it was a level playing field.

I agree, this was indeed one of the best confessions ever.
No beating around the bush.
Bam. Telling it how it was. Non-stop doping.
I'd bet a few bucks that Rasmussen's carreer-long doping sounds familiar to several of those who claim to have stopped after 2006.

Hugh Januss said:
disgraceful, isn't it?

and he didn't even have the decency to hide that his tears were real.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
WinterRider said:
Given he had been doping continuously since 1998, we can safely ignore any performance in 2005 as completely meaningless.

There is absolutely no way to know if he was any good on a bike with one exception: his terrible time trial when he went down 3 times. Without dope we would never have heard his name I suspect.

Rasmussen started racing mountain bike in 1995. He claims, and why would he lie, that he only started doping in 1998. His performances or lack there of, in 1995-1997 might give some indication of how good or bad a rider he was. But generally your point is probably true, Rasmussen was a purely dope made rider.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
All through this thread , i have been looking for the END Result ! chicken chops , claims he is going to work with " Christina " when his ban expires ?

Sometime back , i read that UCI less Regs call for ANY Dopers , to be barred from working with Racers , this requirement , i thought was imposed in/from 2011 ? Correct me on this !

British Law , i recall prevents , criminals from making a " Profit from Crime "? So this is on the Continent , but are there not " Legalities " that can derail his hopes ?

With him working with WADA , amongst others , Cycling Sport could profit from his Info ?

Says a lot for " Anti Doping " , that he was sent home from the 2007 by Rabobank , rather than because the " Effective Testing " , discovered that he was upto some trickery ? LL confessed to USADA , that he stopped " Doping " in 2006 , then in this thread there arfe links to 2007 , BUT , elsewhere there are mentions of him riding in US Races , albeit at the back and not crossing the line , whilst he is " Suspended "! Wonder what " Travis T. " plans to do about this ?

Had USADA , done their job properly , LL , would be on a " Life time Ban " , since there was that matter in the late 1990s , being a " First Offence " ?

skippy said:
British Law , i recall prevents , criminals from making a " Profit from Crime "?

What is the crime Chicken committed? Will anyone in a judicial system, since there are many involved, bother to prosecute? Prosecute for what?

Until doping is a serious crime with big, bad penalties, The Chicken, Wonderboy and a host of others have few consequences to doping.

DirtyWorks said:
That right there is an false generalization. Proof please.

Oh wait, there isn't any.
I do not think this is the place to go into details. Maybe this much: 2IU hGH eod, occasional 10-15mg i.v. T (earlier) or 25mg transdermal for just a couple of hours or maybe even Red Eggs, maybe 20-40,000IU p.a. EPO for a regular rider. Check out the package inserts and compare.

I called the Chicken cortisone-addict on several occasions and I bet his usage will be shockingly high for a healthy person. I still also bet he took much less than my granny got prescribed...

TRENDING THREADS