The crazy predictions thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 29, 2010
502
0
0
Everyone comes clean and confesses that they were lying when they implicated Lance in anything. Completely vindicated, Greg Lemond personally apologizes to Lance by kneeling and kissing his hand on the top step of the Tour de France Podium after his 9th win in 2011.
 
Apr 20, 2009
960
0
0
A relative unknown with few results by the name of Janez Brjakovic will smash Alberto Contador in a TT and pip him at the line of a mountaintop finish in consecutive days.

Completely unbelievable, I know.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
eleven said:
A relative unknown with few results by the name of Janez Brjakovic will smash Alberto Contador in a TT and pip him at the line of a mountaintop finish in consecutive days.

Completely unbelievable, I know.
Oh, he's just been a mega talent for a few years now, nothing to worry about if you'd never heard of him.
 
May 5, 2010
112
0
0
The 2011 TDF consists of 20 team time trials and one Lance Armstrong Testimonial stage so he can get that Eighth TDF win and the Tour Down Under becomes THE 4th Gt .. Sorry to disappoint you Amgen and TOC
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Sydney Sider said:
The 2011 TDF consists of 20 team time trials and one Lance Armstrong Testimonial stage so he can get that Eighth TDF win and the Tour Down Under becomes THE 4th Gt .. Sorry to disappoint you Amgen and TOC
The Lance Armstrong Testimonial stage includes a "Most Armstrongy rider" prize, which comes with a 25 minute time bonus.
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
issoisso said:
The Lance Armstrong Testimonial stage includes a "Most Armstrongy rider" prize, which comes with a 25 minute time bonus.
Can't wait to see who will win it.
 
Partway through a transitional stage of the Tour, the TV companies will realise it's actually really boring, and switch coverage over to Italy for the Giro Donne. We'll watch two hours of exciting racing culminating in an epic battle on the Passo di Stelvio by the likes of Mara Abbott, Emma Pooley, Claudia Häusler, Judith Arndt and Edita Pucinskaite, while forums worldwide will go absolutely ballistic at Armstrong being off their screen for a full two hours.

After the culmination of the stage we will return to the Tour stage only to find that absolutely nothing has happened in the interim, and the break is still sitting at an easily controllable distance while Columbia get ready to get to the front and bring Cavendish back.

After the event, television companies will be bombarded by a record number of complaints by people absolutely appalled that they were trying to watch the Tour de France, and were forced to watch some actually entertaining bike racing instead.
 
Apr 20, 2009
960
0
0
theyoungest said:
Oh, he's just been a mega talent for a few years now, nothing to worry about if you'd never heard of him.
I'm not sure that winning the Tour de Georgia and landing 2nd in Trentino and Lombardia qualifies as "mega-talent". Certainly not the type of results that would lead one to believe he could beat Contador in two of Contador's specialties on consecutive days.
 
eleven said:
I'm not sure that winning the Tour de Georgia and landing 2nd in Trentino and Lombardia qualifies as "mega-talent". Certainly not the type of results that would lead one to believe he could beat Contador in two of Contador's specialties on consecutive days.
But it's not just about the results. If you looked solely at the results he's achieved, you'd be hard-pushed to work out why anybody likes Amets Txurruka, but he's one of the best-loved riders around. A best GT performance of 15th in the Vuelta doesn't explain to anybody why Vasil Kiryienka is so respected, or Szmyd's 8th in the 2008 Dauphiné being about as good a result he has not showing anybody why cycling fans are gushing with praise for him. Jani is, or was, a big talent. His riding the last couple of days is not surprising to anybody who's been watching the sport for a few years.
 
May 31, 2010
541
0
0
cancellara becomes the new big mig and hangs on in the mountains and takes minutes off his rivals in the TTs:D after the tour organisation go back to mid 90s style parcours
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
royalpig180 said:
Valverde returns from his doping ban at the age of 32 and immediately sweeps the Giro, Tour, and Vuelta all in 2012. He then is in the lead of the 2013 giro when he gets caught and passed on the Zoncolan by Mark Cavendish. He retires immediately.
NO he loses the tour due to a mechanical.


Liggett says something against LA
OR
Liggett causes Lance to split up with anna hansen so Liggett and Lance can get married and live together happily ever after.
 
Jun 15, 2009
835
0
0
Lance is arrested by French police four days into the TdF, having submitted a sample matching the DNA on infusion-equipment found in Astana-garbage last year. In prison Lance finds true love with an ex-soldier, Maurice, from the Foreign Legion, and marries yet again. Upon release, after 24 months, Lance adopts 12 cancer-ridden kids and two shih-tzu's. After a year, only the shih-tzu's are alive.

Ok, the title of this thread was "The crazy predictions thread"......
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Lance Armstrong is going to win the final TT of the tour of switzerland..

Well according to the team anyway..

@TeamTheShack HAMMER TIME: Why all the TT work for Lance this year? Well, let's see what happens tomorrow at #tdsuisse. It'll be a nail biter.
about 1 hour ago via HootSuite
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS