• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
i haven't made any vs bets yet. will do later today

but i have done the wining bets ealier this week. found a betting site who was giving 1:2.50 for canc and 1:7 for boonen so i made a bet on both. doesn't matter who of those 2 wins i win either way :p (yes i did the math)

Cancellara > Gilbert * Cancellara > Boonen * Roelandts > Sieberg * Goss > EBH @ 3.37
G. E. Larsson > Stannard @ 1.71
Langeveld > Boom @ 2.10
Leukemans > Nuyens @ 2.35
Leukemans > GvA @ 1.65
Vaitkus > Hayman @ 1.76

I have a $100 free bet on Cancellara @ 4.50. I'm not even going to cover it with others as I'm supremely confident in Spartacus.

And

Top3:

Goss @ 17
Farrar @ 19

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Cancellara > Gilbert * Cancellara > Boonen * Roelandts > Sieberg * Goss > EBH @ 3.37
G. E. Larsson > Stannard @ 1.71
Langeveld > Boom @ 2.10
Leukemans > Nuyens @ 2.35
Leukemans > GvA @ 1.65
Vaitkus > Hayman @ 1.76

I have a $100 free bet on Cancellara @ 4.50. I'm not even going to cover it with others as I'm supremely confident in Spartacus.

And

Top3:

Goss @ 17
Farrar @ 19

goss 17 for top 3 ?
not bad, tho i don't really rate him on this terrain. Farrar @ 19 is really nice.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
goss 17 for top 3 ?
not bad, tho i don't really rate him on this terrain. Farrar @ 19 is really nice.

I don't think either will get it, but it's very good odds for the two best bunch sprinters in the race (sorry Cav), given that you often get groups coming in fighting for the high placings.

Goss has been sick so I wouldn't be surprised if he bombs completely.

Squire said:
Pais Vasco, overall - pending
Martin over Klöden @ 2.25
Rodriguez over Cunego @ 1.80
Horner over Leipheimer @ 1.83

Stage 1
Albasini over Hesjedal @ 2.80
Intxausti over Basso @ 2.60

Apart from Martin vs Klöden, overall bets are looking good. Took Sanchez over Rodriguez live today when they were together after the last climb. Bad idea. Confident of better luck tomorrow. I like this one:

Pais Vasco Stage 2
Vinokourov over Kolobnev @ 1.85

Longer, less punchy climb tomorrow. Vino is reportedly in good shape, while Kolobnev is surely behind Purito & Di Luca in the Katusha pecking order.

Damiano said:
Where? 10characters

Uhm, Centrebet, but I see now that it has been slashed pretty dramatically. Anyway, Pinnacle have a pretty similar one in LLS over Kolobnev @ 1.70 or thereabouts.

Edit: Oh, and before anyone asks, it happened before I posted here.

Also want to add that I put in a tiny bet on Van Hummel E/W-1/4 @ 81 for Scheldeprijs. Just so I can have bragging rights when the biggest bombshell of the season hits ;)

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Took Samu at 5.0 to win the stage

and

Hesjedal over Cunego at 2.29 - seems to have been money for Cunego earlier as the price on Hesjedal kept getting bigger!

Moncoutie said:
Saw the odds at 365, but where the fvck is he 17?! I've done Kloden 19's.

I actually got Freire @ 17 at Bet365, just after the odds were released. Now I'm just hoping that the quality breakaway will be brought back.

In addition the Kolobnev bet, I also backed L.Sanchez over Kolobnev at 2.36, so I'm guaranteed a profit of around 10% regardless of who's first. That covers my Freire bet.

Squire said:
Pais Vasco, stage 3
Freire @ 17

Annoying 2nd place. Made even more annoying by the fact that I considered backing Vino as well, along with Kolobnev. Ended up taking only Freire though.

Freire loss was made up by the Kolobnev/LLSanchez h2h sure win. Which means my balance is exactly where it started this morning.

Arrate tomorrow, should be interesting.

Vino FTW. Always a good chance on a profile like that where he can get away on a few km of flat.

That Freire H2H was free money. Thanks to the forum for talking up Fischer so Bet365 thought he was a chance.

93. [BRA] FISCHER Murilo Antonio GRM 07'05"

Good day soured a bit by Weylandt's fall.