• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Squire said:
Tirreno Stage 7 Time Trial

Basso over Gesink @ 2.25 LOST
Zabriskie over Larsson @ 1.83 LOST
Cancellara @ 1.57 WON

Pending overall bets
Basso top 3 @ 5 LOST
Garzelli over Lövkvist @ 1.714 LOST
Garzelli over Nocentini @ 1.66 WON

Was due a bad day. Glad I didn't go with the two other h2hs I was contemplating. Bad luck on Kiryienka, Ferminal. 3 seconds difference.

What a day!

Didn't have time to post bets before the race unfortunately. But it couldn't have gone better.

Goss for the win @ 17 - WIN
Feillu over Haedo @ 2.35 - WIN

LIVE:
Cancellara over Ballan @ 1.72 - WIN
Rojas over Hagen @ 1.73 - WIN

That's a profit of 158,8%.

Took Rojas when Hagen was clearly struggling at the back of the group. Goss' win didn't happen the way I anticipated, but that doesn't matter one bit. Very entertaining race, too.

Squire said:
What a day!

Didn't have time to post bets before the race unfortunately. But it couldn't have gone better.

Goss for the win @ 17 - WIN
Feillu over Haedo @ 2.35 - WIN

LIVE:
Cancellara over Ballan @ 1.72 - WIN
Rojas over Hagen @ 1.73 - WIN

That's a profit of 158,8%.

Took Rojas when Hagen was clearly struggling at the back of the group. Goss' win didn't happen the way I anticipated, but that doesn't matter one bit. Very entertaining race, too.

Nice work... I had a ripper day too, 5/6 H2Hs.

And I hope more people got on Goss before the race, as those odds were silly.

Connor Pass said:
Paddy Power have odds up.

Taken a small e/w bet on Anton but hard to know if he'll be at 100%.

8/11 Contador is hard to argue with given the profile

Bet365 out now also, Contador is at 7/5. Dont think the profile is so much in his favour though so as the stage 3 climb isn't that steep

Volta a Catalunya

Overall
Tondo over Basso @ 3.00
Roche over Gerdemann @ 2.10
Contador @ 2.50
Menchov E/W @ 51
Tondo @ 17

Stage 1
Gerdemann over J.Moreno @ 2.20

Same stakes on all except Menchov which is 1/2 of the others and Tondo for the win is 1/4.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
MADRAZO said:
Bet365 out now also, Contador is at 7/5. Dont think the profile is so much in his favour though so as the stage 3 climb isn't that steep

It's pretty frustrating because Bet365 are clearly the best for cycling but unfortunately they don't lay me any bets... :(

At least I can wait for Pinnacle to just copy their Match Bets as they always do.

Gone with Nieve over Chris Anker at 1.8 for the overall.

Basso @ 10
Moncoutie @ 23
Leipheimer over CVV @ 1.73 (Sportingbet)
Roche over Gerdemann @ 1.85 (Sportingbet)
Anton over Moncoutie @ 1.85 (Sportingbet)
Atapuma over Valls @ 2.75

I'm not so sure of the Anton over Moncoutie, but took it because 1.85 was much better compared to anything elsewhere. You could even guarantee a win by taking Moncoutie at 2.35.

Also:

Teams Pursuit - Australia @ 1.73 (Sportsbet)