• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Squire said:
Uran over Roche @ 2.70
Basso over Schleck @ 1.40

2/2

The Schleck one was a gift.

I also took "the field" over Kroon when the odds drifted to 1.33 for a moment with 16km remaining, gap 1 min and Kroon looking knackered. Regret not taking it at 1.58 10kms earlier.

Good day again, I'm rolling along nicely at the moment.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts I'm contemplating for Paris Nice Stage 8 ...

Vino @ 1.47 vs Voeckler (surely this is pretty close to a certainty?)
Sammy Sanchez @ 1.40 vs Taaramae

Parlayed together to double my money seems pretty safe ... no?

Squire said:
PN: Gerdemann over Pasamontes @ 1.714 - LOST
TA: Hushovd @ 9 - LOST

Struggled to find much value for today.

What an extremely annoying day.

Gerdemann and Pasamontes finished in the same group, but P. was a couple of places ahead. Lottery.

Also, Pierre Rolland dropped out on the last stage when sitting comfortably above Le Mevel overall. That means a lost h2h bet. Couldn't he just finish the stage?

Luckily, I made up for some of the losses by taking Peraud over Tondo @ 2.20 when it was clear Tondo was missing from the front group. Should have put a lot more on, but didn't trust the info from letour.com 100%.

As for the Hushovd bet, I was still set in Paris-Nice mode. Had this been a PN stage, Hushovd ftw would have been realistic ;)

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Squire said:
Also, Pierre Rolland dropped out on the last stage when sitting comfortably above Le Mevel overall. That means a lost h2h bet. Couldn't he just finish the stage?
Squire, some bookies will settle overall H2Hs where both riders retire based on which rider completed most stages (eg SportingBet). I thought my Sagan over Vino overall was saved today when Vino climbed off but unfortunately not.:(

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Basso $15 to win the overall? Am I missing something here? He's only 2 seconds behind Evans. Likewise Nibali @ $13.

I would give Basso a huge chance of finishing ahead of Evans in the time trial and same with Nibali.

Sasquatch said:
Basso $15 to win the overall? Am I missing something here? He's only 2 seconds behind Evans. Likewise Nibali @ $13.

I would give Basso a huge chance of finishing ahead of Evans in the time trial and same with Nibali.

Yes, Basso can TT if he's at his best, yet everyone seems to be overlooking him as a favourite, he's just quietly rolling up the hills. Maybe today he will even "attack".

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sasquatch said:

basso is at 2 seconds but will he be able to go with Scaponi, Evans or Cunego on the short sharp inclines of Macerata. Is basso a good short time trialist? Same with scarponi or cunego

Gesink over Visconti 1.50

Ok, Gesink would have to be in horrible form to lose this. I'm a huge Visconti fan but this is a climber's finish.

Cunego over Scarponi 2.95

Scarponi is better, but these odds are good.

Also took some of that Basso for the GC at 15. Evans is the best result for me, but I now get a win from any of the top7, aside from Cunego.

As far as my overall H2Hs are:

Evans v Scarponi <<< Ok still
Gilbert v Ballan <<< Win
EBH v Velits <<< Fail
Cunego v Basso <<< 50/50

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Gesink over Visconti 1.50

Ok, Gesink would have to be in horrible form to lose this. I'm a huge Visconti fan but this is a climber's finish.

Cunego over Scarponi 2.95

Scarponi is better, but these odds are good.

Also took some of that Basso for the GC at 15. Evans is the best result for me, but I now get a win from any of the top7, aside from Cunego.

As far as my overall H2Hs are:

Evans v Scarponi <<< Ok still
Gilbert v Ballan <<< Win
EBH v Velits <<< Fail
Cunego v Basso <<< 50/50

Interesting

Already took Basso @ $11 pre-race. Tempting to put a $200 free bet on him at $15, or hedge with someone like Nibali @ $13 and hope one of the two get up.

Squire said:
Tirreno stage 6:

Basso over Evans @ 2.70

Bah.

Overall bets for Tirreno looking half decent still.
Basso top 3 @ 5 - still possible
Garzelli over Nocentini @ 1.66 - looks like a win
Garzelli over Löfkvist @ 1.714 - lost

My PN overall bets didn't go very well, but the H2Hs gave me an overall profit from that race.
L.Sanchez @ 7.5 - lost
Rolland over Le Mevel @ 1.85 - lost in a most annoying way
Hesjedal over Sagan @ 2.70 - won
Vino podium @ 7 - lost

TRENDING THREADS