• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Cycling Betting Thread

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
SlimChance said:
03.00 Peter Sagan (CAN)
15.00 Sylvain Chavanel (OPQ)
19.00 Edvald Boasson Hagen (SKY)
21.00 Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
21.00 Philippe Gilbert (BMC)
21.00 Thomas Voeckler (EUC)
29.00 Cadel Evans (BMC)
31.00 Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
34.00 Daniel Moreno (KAT)
34.00 Simon Gerrans (OGE)
41.00 Jonathan Hivert (SOJ)
41.00 Pierre Rolland (EUC)
41.00 Ryder Hesjedal (GRS)
41.00 Tony Gallopin (RLT)
51.00 Dan Martin (GRS)
51.00 Daryl Impey (OGE)
51.00 Joaquim Rodriguez (KAT)
51.00 Julien Simon (SOJ)

All other riders 67.00 or bigger
1/4 odds 1,2,3 for each way purposes (Sportingbet & Bwin are win only)

Gerrans was 23 at the off. There was a right good move for him. Looks like the Greenedge boys like a bet.

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Cav now 6/1 for the green jersey

Seems big even though he is 49 points down on Sagan, Sagan only got 2nd on two stages he would hqve been expected to win so the gap could have been a lot bigger

Yeh I went Katusha too.

The swing against Cav for Green is wild. He was never going to contest 2 and 3, both of which Sagan was expected to win. If everything went according to the script he was still looking at a 35-40 point deficit heading to the mainland. It makes me think that a lot of is to do with the question over him being sick/not good and to be honest I'm having second thoughts about him being able to win 5-6 stages.

Still, if I didn't already have a position I'd definitely be backing him.

01/07/2013 Single Each-Way Katusha @ 501.00
Stage Betting
Stage 4 (Nice - Nice) Pending £5.00
01/07/2013 Single Each-Way Saxo - Tinkoff @ 226.00
Stage Betting
Stage 4 (Nice - Nice) Pending £5.00
01/07/2013 Single Each-Way Movistar @ 56.00
Stage Betting
Stage 4 (Nice - Nice) Pending £5.0

Movistar now at 9.00
Saxo at 34.00
Katusha still at 401 xD

Only paying 1/5 now for 1,2,3 - I got 1/4

First dead bet of TdF:

28/05/2013 Single Each-Way T De Gendt @ 151.00
Outright Betting
Tour de France 2013
£2

150-1 for a reason aI guess :D

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, first time post after a long time watching, so please bear with me !
Can someone explain odds of 7:4 on there being less than 5.5 Yellow Jersey holders ? - in my opinion Gerrans holds on till Saturday then Froome takes it on Ax - 3D and holds to the end = 4.
Dont really see how there can be 6!

kent_rider said:
Hi all, first time post after a long time watching, so please bear with me !
Can someone explain odds of 7:4 on there being less than 5.5 Yellow Jersey holders ? - in my opinion Gerrans holds on till Saturday then Froome takes it on Ax - 3D and holds to the end = 4.
Dont really see how there can be 6!

There are many scenarios where Froome wins the TDF and doesnt take yellow on ax 3.

Today is a pretty tough one. I was considering laying Cav simply because the wind adds uncertainties.

Anyway, if you want a good bet check out the Paddy "rider in yellow" market and then look at what you can get on Gerrans H2H Impey elsewhere.

Ugh they've fixed it now. Could have got better than evens for Impey/Kwiatkowski/Chavanel to wear yellow or Gerrans to beat Impey, only loss scenario Impey beating Gerrans by 1-5 places.

I've laid Cav for tommorow.

Alot of scenarios where he doesn't win.

Probably 70-30 in his favour if all the sprinters are there,
But Sagan could push the pace and blow him off the climb
Or the break could make it.

Anyway 3.4 looks too short to me so I've laid it.

TRENDING THREADS