• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Dog Thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So our little pooch, Rupert, got his haircut after the bank holiday. Its typical that the weather has got colder again! He's sat on the ottoman so he can get a view of the wildlife in the garden and bark at any cats that dare to walk along the fence of 'his property'.

He loves his favourite blanket that we originally got just for Christmas around 4 years ago, so we dare not get rid of it despite it seeing better days. :lol:

VotK5DB.jpg

Re:

Pricey_sky said:
So our little pooch, Rupert, got his haircut after the bank holiday. Its typical that the weather has got colder again! He's sat on the ottoman so he can get a view of the wildlife in the garden and bark at any cats that dare to walk along the fence of 'his property'.

He loves his favourite blanket that we originally got just for Christmas around 4 years ago, so we dare not get rid of it despite it seeing better days. :lol:

VotK5DB.jpg
Awwwww, what an adorable addition to the kennel, he looks so cute and mushy! What breed?

No worries about the old blankie, some of Toby's toys should have been tossed a long time ago. But, we don't dare.

Well, here's the latest update on Toby - the surgeon isn't as pleased with Toby's progress as I am, he's definitely recommending intensive, professional physical therapy. Which I completely agree with, so no biggie.

Toby will be getting a haircut later today, that square they had shaved out for the Fentanyl patch looks just too stupid. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with his fur yet, maybe a mohawk or something? Whatever I decide rest assured there will be pictures. :lol:

ebandit - Tara seemed like such a great dog, I've know quite a few in the past. They're all gone now, but memories of them I'll always treasure. Dogs are just awesome.

Re:

Pricey_sky said:

VotK5DB.jpg
:D

Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
Pricey_sky said:

VotK5DB.jpg
Awwwww, what an adorable addition to the kennel, he looks so cute and mushy! What breed?

No worries about the old blankie, some of Toby's toys should have been tossed a long time ago. But, we don't dare.

Well, here's the latest update on Toby - the surgeon isn't as pleased with Toby's progress as I am, he's definitely recommending intensive, professional physical therapy. Which I completely agree with, so no biggie.

Toby will be getting a haircut later today, that square they had shaved out for the Fentanyl patch looks just too stupid. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with his fur yet, maybe a mohawk or something? Whatever I decide rest assured there will be pictures. :lol:

ebandit - Tara seemed like such a great dog, I've know quite a few in the past. They're all gone now, but memories of them I'll always treasure. Dogs are just awesome.

He’s a Bichon-Shih Tzu cross, we’ve had him since he was an 8 week old pup almost 5 years ago.

It sounds like the vet is just trying to make sure Toby’s recovery is taken a step at a time, which is no bad thing. Hopefully his haircut goes to plan!

Pricey_sky said:
He’s a Bichon-Shih Tzu cross, we’ve had him since he was an 8 week old pup almost 5 years ago.

It sounds like the vet is just trying to make sure Toby’s recovery is taken a step at a time, which is no bad thing. Hopefully his haircut goes to plan!
Awww, Rupert is still only a young pup then, enjoy! :)

I have checked out some post-surgery dog haircuts, thought I might go with something like this. Normally this would look really stupid on a terrier mix, but Toby can't possibly look any more stupid than he already does now.

kdqqhd.jpg

Well, the artistic vision is there anyway, whether I'm able to execute it is a whole other matter. The other matter being Toby, I would need the best of cooperation from him. :lol:

Re:

Robert5091 said:
I was wondering what was up with all those pooches hanging around after the finish line (they definitely didn't look like drug-sniffing dogs), I didn't have the sound on, so didn't know.

Even though this one was wearing some Astana gear even Nibali had to say hello. I thought that was kinda nice.

Yay for the therapy dogs, they don't care how tired/sick you are or how bad you smell, they'll always wag their tail for you! :cool:

And yet another edit...

Still not sure why the pooches were there having just all access to the riders after this stage, but one thing I can say for sure...

If these are truly trained therapy dogs and the riders don't appreciate them we would love to have these dogs at the local hospital. It's not just for the sick kids in the cancer ward, it's for the staff as well.

Trained therapy dogs are just way too awesome!

Today I met a Great Dane with ski goggles, a hat, and a dry fit shirt on! :) I stopped for a lady and her GD on a skinny section of single track and had to inquire: she is white with pink skin so she burns around her eyes and inside of her ears. They prefer hiking after the sun goes down, but since we have been having storms every night, they decided to get out while the gettin' was good.

Re:

jmdirt said:
What are all of the pooches doing for July 4? :)
Sorry to reply so late, but...

I don't think Toby's surgery went so well, after taking him to the physical therapist she referred me back to the surgeon to see if Toby still even can move the leg and has the range of motion. It's probable that by the time he finally had the surgery there was already so much damage and muscle atrophy that maybe we should have just left well enough alone. So that's what I'm doing now... as long as he's not in pain I don't want to put him through much more.

Anyhoo, on the 4th Toby partook in some barbecue eating, and being there weren't too many fireworks in my area he didn't freak out too badly.

He's definitely slowing down, though, in his younger years he would have freaked out and would have just hidden under my bed at the first sign of fireworks noise.

Ageing - it sucks for all of us.

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
What are all of the pooches doing for July 4? :)
Sorry to reply so late, but...

I don't think Toby's surgery went so well, after taking him to the physical therapist she referred me back to the surgeon to see if Toby still even can move the leg and has the range of motion. It's probable that by the time he finally had the surgery there was already so much damage and muscle atrophy that maybe we should have just left well enough alone. So that's what I'm doing now... as long as he's not in pain I don't want to put him through much more.

Anyhoo, on the 4th Toby partook in some barbecue eating, and being there weren't too many fireworks in my area he didn't freak out too badly.

He's definitely slowing down, though, in his younger years he would have freaked out and would have just hidden under my bed at the first sign of fireworks noise.

Ageing - it sucks for all of us.
Tell me about it!
I hope that Toby can just chill and enjoy life for a while!
Buddy absolutely hated the 4th of July activities! I just kept him on my lap and turned Your Tube volume up so that he couldn't hear most of the stupidity outside.

jmdirt said:
Tell me about it!
Buddy absolutely hated the 4th of July activities! I just kept him on my lap and turned Your Tube volume up so that he couldn't hear most of the stupidity outside.
You'll have to refresh my memory because my brain isn't so, well, fresh anymore. Have you posted pictures of Buddy before? No worries if it's a kitty, btw., sometimes I take a peek into the cat thread as well. :)

Speaking of cats and/or dogs... do any of you fine animal lovers like to read the Get Fuzzy and Garfield comics?

Personally I find Get Fuzzy pretty funny because both the cat and the dog characters have their own amiable flaws. But Garfield I only check out once in a while, that comic I just find to be mean-spirited and not even remotely amusing.

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
Tell me about it!
You'll have to refresh my memory because my brain isn't so, well, fresh anymore. Have you posted pictures of Buddy before? No worries if it's a kitty, btw., sometimes I take a peek into the cat thread as well. :)

Speaking of cats and/or dogs... do any of you fine animal lovers like to read the Get Fuzzy and Garfield comics?

Personally I find Get Fuzzy pretty funny because both the cat and the dog characters have their own amiable flaws. But Garfield I only check out once in a while, that comic I just find to be mean-spirited and not even remotely amusing.
I posted his pound pictures when we first adopted him in Nov., but I bet those are no longer available.

jmdirt said:
I posted his pound pictures when we first adopted him in Nov., but I bet those are no longer available.
I checked back on that link/post, and you would be correct, I had commented when it was still available. The link no longer is.

You got any fresh piccys of Buddy? :)

(I gave Toby a bath today, btw., while his rear leg is no longer working like it used to he was being as sassy as ever. He still hates that terrible towel!)

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
I checked back on that link/post, and you would be correct, I had commented when it was still available. The link no longer is.

You got any fresh piccys of Buddy? :)

(I gave Toby a bath today, btw., while his rear leg is no longer working like it used to he was being as sassy as ever. He still hates that terrible towel!)
I need to find a good photo hosting site. Any suggestions? I used to use photo bucket but they got hacked and in turn so did I so I haven't used anything like it since.

jmdirt said:
I need to find a good photo hosting site. Any suggestions? I used to use photo bucket but they got hacked and in turn so did I so I haven't used anything like it since.
I would have recommended tiny pic, but apparently they've been eaten up by fecking photo bucket recently. :mad:

I'm testing out imgbb right now, sorry this isn't a Toby pic. (I'm watching the Tour replay, took a piccy of the tv screen with my old camera.)

How's Toby doing?

How about the rest of the pooches?

Buddy is sick of nearly three months on hammers, saws, pneumatic tools, and painters taping his windows.
Toby is doing ok, thank you for asking, jmd.

He's just hopping around on three legs and seems as happy as ever, so I won't be hauling him back to the vet again. I gave him a bath earlier this week, I figure he's suffered enough.

The Chihuahuas I used to sit were both put to sleep a while back, they were getting old and sickly, so their owner had them put down. The owner is quite old herself, so she won't be getting any more dogs being she wouldn't be able to take care of them properly. While kind of a bummer I think it's the right decision on her part.

How's Buddy doing? I take it you're having some major interior work done?

My dogs have new enemies..neither of them is eating their food all that fast and seagulls and pigeons are enjoying the food as much or more than the dogs. Also this summer's ant yield has been abundant.
You and JMD have more ants than usual? We've had virtually none this spring, usually they're all over the kitchen at that time of year. Strange... the times, the times are a'changing.

TRENDING THREADS