The Dog Thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

jmdirt said:
What are all of the pooches doing for July 4? :)
Sorry to reply so late, but...

I don't think Toby's surgery went so well, after taking him to the physical therapist she referred me back to the surgeon to see if Toby still even can move the leg and has the range of motion. It's probable that by the time he finally had the surgery there was already so much damage and muscle atrophy that maybe we should have just left well enough alone. So that's what I'm doing now... as long as he's not in pain I don't want to put him through much more.

Anyhoo, on the 4th Toby partook in some barbecue eating, and being there weren't too many fireworks in my area he didn't freak out too badly.

He's definitely slowing down, though, in his younger years he would have freaked out and would have just hidden under my bed at the first sign of fireworks noise.

Ageing - it sucks for all of us.

Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
What are all of the pooches doing for July 4? :)
Sorry to reply so late, but...

I don't think Toby's surgery went so well, after taking him to the physical therapist she referred me back to the surgeon to see if Toby still even can move the leg and has the range of motion. It's probable that by the time he finally had the surgery there was already so much damage and muscle atrophy that maybe we should have just left well enough alone. So that's what I'm doing now... as long as he's not in pain I don't want to put him through much more.

Anyhoo, on the 4th Toby partook in some barbecue eating, and being there weren't too many fireworks in my area he didn't freak out too badly.

He's definitely slowing down, though, in his younger years he would have freaked out and would have just hidden under my bed at the first sign of fireworks noise.

Ageing - it sucks for all of us.
Tell me about it!
I hope that Toby can just chill and enjoy life for a while!
Buddy absolutely hated the 4th of July activities! I just kept him on my lap and turned Your Tube volume up so that he couldn't hear most of the stupidity outside.

jmdirt said:
Tell me about it!
Buddy absolutely hated the 4th of July activities! I just kept him on my lap and turned Your Tube volume up so that he couldn't hear most of the stupidity outside.
You'll have to refresh my memory because my brain isn't so, well, fresh anymore. Have you posted pictures of Buddy before? No worries if it's a kitty, btw., sometimes I take a peek into the cat thread as well. :)

Speaking of cats and/or dogs... do any of you fine animal lovers like to read the Get Fuzzy and Garfield comics?

Personally I find Get Fuzzy pretty funny because both the cat and the dog characters have their own amiable flaws. But Garfield I only check out once in a while, that comic I just find to be mean-spirited and not even remotely amusing.

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
Tell me about it!
You'll have to refresh my memory because my brain isn't so, well, fresh anymore. Have you posted pictures of Buddy before? No worries if it's a kitty, btw., sometimes I take a peek into the cat thread as well. :)

Speaking of cats and/or dogs... do any of you fine animal lovers like to read the Get Fuzzy and Garfield comics?

Personally I find Get Fuzzy pretty funny because both the cat and the dog characters have their own amiable flaws. But Garfield I only check out once in a while, that comic I just find to be mean-spirited and not even remotely amusing.
I posted his pound pictures when we first adopted him in Nov., but I bet those are no longer available.

jmdirt said:
I posted his pound pictures when we first adopted him in Nov., but I bet those are no longer available.
I checked back on that link/post, and you would be correct, I had commented when it was still available. The link no longer is.

You got any fresh piccys of Buddy? :)

(I gave Toby a bath today, btw., while his rear leg is no longer working like it used to he was being as sassy as ever. He still hates that terrible towel!)

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
I checked back on that link/post, and you would be correct, I had commented when it was still available. The link no longer is.

You got any fresh piccys of Buddy? :)

(I gave Toby a bath today, btw., while his rear leg is no longer working like it used to he was being as sassy as ever. He still hates that terrible towel!)
I need to find a good photo hosting site. Any suggestions? I used to use photo bucket but they got hacked and in turn so did I so I haven't used anything like it since.

jmdirt said:
I need to find a good photo hosting site. Any suggestions? I used to use photo bucket but they got hacked and in turn so did I so I haven't used anything like it since.
I would have recommended tiny pic, but apparently they've been eaten up by fecking photo bucket recently. :mad:

I'm testing out imgbb right now, sorry this isn't a Toby pic. (I'm watching the Tour replay, took a piccy of the tv screen with my old camera.)

My dogs have new enemies..neither of them is eating their food all that fast and seagulls and pigeons are enjoying the food as much or more than the dogs. Also this summer's ant yield has been abundant.

How's Toby doing?

How about the rest of the pooches?

Buddy is sick of nearly three months on hammers, saws, pneumatic tools, and painters taping his windows.
Toby is doing ok, thank you for asking, jmd.

He's just hopping around on three legs and seems as happy as ever, so I won't be hauling him back to the vet again. I gave him a bath earlier this week, I figure he's suffered enough.

The Chihuahuas I used to sit were both put to sleep a while back, they were getting old and sickly, so their owner had them put down. The owner is quite old herself, so she won't be getting any more dogs being she wouldn't be able to take care of them properly. While kind of a bummer I think it's the right decision on her part.

How's Buddy doing? I take it you're having some major interior work done?

My dogs have new enemies..neither of them is eating their food all that fast and seagulls and pigeons are enjoying the food as much or more than the dogs. Also this summer's ant yield has been abundant.
You and JMD have more ants than usual? We've had virtually none this spring, usually they're all over the kitchen at that time of year. Strange... the times, the times are a'changing.

And now a message from Toby:

Hi Buddy and the rest of the kennel,

I'm just chillin' in my dog fort, it's nice here in the summer. Don't know about this classical music I have to listen to, but otherwise I'm doing okay. Hope all of you are keeping cool and are drinking lots of water as well.

Paw-fives,

The Tobster

Toby is doing ok, thank you for asking, jmd.

He's just hopping around on three legs and seems as happy as ever, so I won't be hauling him back to the vet again. I gave him a bath earlier this week, I figure he's suffered enough.

The Chihuahuas I used to sit were both put to sleep a while back, they were getting old and sickly, so their owner had them put down. The owner is quite old herself, so she won't be getting any more dogs being she wouldn't be able to take care of them properly. While kind of a bummer I think it's the right decision on her part.

How's Buddy doing? I take it you're having some major interior work done?
No, exterior: new roof, lead abatement, rotten wood replacement, paint... (1910 house).

Poor Buddy, and you and your wife. Are you guys able to get away from all the noise at all?

1910 house... wow. Sounds like quite a project. I take it you're not able to DIY some of the stuff?
Its a two story house with several steep roof pitches so the roof was a pro job. The lead abatement was a pro job. Did I mention the two story thing, the paint was a pro job. I might have been able to do some of the wood replacement, but about half of it is, you guessed it, up high.

I did all of that stuff 20 years ago on my little (980 sqft) house, but this house is a different story, and of course I'm 20 years older.

So to answer your question, I am able, but just not willing I guess. Honestly, I would like to sell this house while all of this stuff is new, and buy a small townhouse that I just live in and someone else does everything! :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY