The Dog Thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The whole cart idea was very crafty. Props to you TR & Toby! Love the paint job idea. Maybe paint the frame Bianchi colors too?
Thank you, on3m@n@rmy.

I actually meant painting the frame, not the wheels themselves. They are about the only thing that could potentially be re-used for a later project, they're lawnmower wheels.

I haven't permanently glued some of the PVC yet, I'm having to make constant adjustments because the dimensions have to be just so, but once I'm happy with the whole thing I'll probably paint it.

Now if only I could get Toby used to it... he stares like a deer caught in headlights once I put him into his wheelchair and won't move at all. This might take a treat or two before he stops totally freezing up.

Reactions: jmdirt
Mar 30, 2020
Taking the treat from your hand is not an essential part of clicker training, you can just drop it for them. The more important part is associating the click with a treat.

WHEELS!

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, I know this is the moment you've all been waiting for. I now proudly present the Toby Bianchi Turbo 10,000!

Ok, so the animal refused to move when I put him in his wheelchair, and being I didn't want to traumatize him any further I just plopped on a laundry basket and off we go.

I might add on some front wheels later, but I already tried that and the thing was so rickety and unstable I just went back to the original idea. Either way, as long as I don't spill the dog somewhere along on our outings I'm sure we'll both be happy.

BIGGER wheels!

Ok, so sometimes bigger really is better, so after some trial and error I made some further adjustments to Toby's wheels. The rear ones are now bigger and sturdier, and I added some swivel casters to the front for maximum maneuverability. Of course, I will still have to do the pushing, but otherwise we're really rockin' now, eh, Tobes?

There are some things I would have done differently, but being the PVC pipe glue dries so quickly (literally 3 seconds) it's a minor miracle Toby's cart turned out even halfway straight.

On a side note - and now I will have to go to Home Depot to return parts I won't be using, but I'll put that off till things return to somewhat normal. Due to the coronavirus they are letting only a handful of people in at a time, I kinda feel bad for contractors who need to get their parts ASAP. (Not sure why people need to buy plants first thing Monday morning. My project wasn't all that crucial either, but I really wanted to get Toby mobile and on the road.)

BIGGER wheels!

Ok, so sometimes bigger really is better, so after some trial and error I made some further adjustments to Toby's wheels. The rear ones are now bigger and sturdier, and I added some swivel casters to the front for maximum maneuverability. Of course, I will still have to do the pushing, but otherwise we're really rockin' now, eh, Tobes?

There are some things I would have done differently, but being the PVC pipe glue dries so quickly (literally 3 seconds) it's a minor miracle Toby's cart turned out even halfway straight.

On a side note - and now I will have to go to Home Depot to return parts I won't be using, but I'll put that off till things return to somewhat normal. Due to the coronavirus they are letting only a handful of people in at a time, I kinda feel bad for contractors who need to get their parts ASAP. (Not sure why people need to buy plants first thing Monday morning. My project wasn't all that crucial either, but I really wanted to get Toby mobile and on the road.)
It looks like he's giving you the what for!

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
BIGGER wheels!

TR you did a great job! Is there a Garmin or anything attached or is it a classic version?

If I ever trust a photo host again, I will dig out the trailer I made to haul my Lab to the river and show it to you. I just bought a two kid trailer that hooks to the bike axle, gutted the seats, and then put in a plywood floor. She thought that she was the queen of the world as we peddled to the river! If I left it sitting in the yard she would go sit in it like "come on, let's go!". I really enjoy Buddy (Terrorist), but I still really miss my Lab!

I used a single speed cruiser bike, but with a 50 lb bike, and 60 lb dog it was tough so I had my LBS rebuild the wheel with a 3 speed internal hub.

If I ever trust a photo host again, I will dig out the trailer I made to haul my Lab to the river and show it to you. I just bought a two kid trailer that hooks to the bike axle, gutted the seats, and then put in a plywood floor. She thought that she was the queen of the world as we peddled to the river! If I left it sitting in the yard she would go sit in it like "come on, let's go!". I really enjoy Buddy (Terrorist), but I still really miss my Lab!

I used a single speed cruiser bike, but with a 50 lb bike, and 60 lb dog it was tough so I had my LBS rebuild the wheel with a 3 speed internal hub.
That trailer sounds so AWESOME!

I'll PM you, we just have to find a way for you to post your dog pictures. I'd love to see them, and I'm sure everyone else here would as well!

So... what you're saying is that Toby is the new Very Cute Dog?
I hadn't even thought of that, but now that you mention it... if there ever should be another Tour de Quarantine (god help us all) Toby and I have something to shoot for. Although, stage 13 did look rather daunting, think that's the one with all the very tight hairpins.

Well, Toby will just have to lose even more weight for that stage and that's all there's to it.

Few things,
I hope that Dog washing is introduced as an Olympic event..I will get gold..podium for sure.
Food cooking quantities are varying wildly..both my dogs getting Chicken Parmesan..Coq au Vin..pizza ..beef bones..and much of dog food that they are bored with is getting flavor jazzed w leftovers..
And I have plumbing issues in 2 countries!!! Seeing Toby's PVC mobility cart makes me wonder if a member here can fix everything that is broken w my pipes!! Impressive work on every level..
I think Toby feels the care!!
We are having a really intense red tide..beaches for the most part are closed..my dogs discuss seagulls conspiracy..my golden picks up a ball or rope toy and thinks he is going to the car for a trip to the water or dirt trails for playing..both dogs super disappointed with life..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BroDeal Non-Cycling Discussions 0
T Non-Cycling Discussions 24

ASK THE COMMUNITY