• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The doped bike exists (video of pro version)!

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
There is precedent in other sports:

* hollow (?) baseball bats
* sand paper in the pocket to rough up cricket balls
* semi deflated (?) footballs

nails and vaseline(petroleum jelly), shoe sole studs for scuffing cricket balls, aluminium bats in cricket. Some of those are seen, some are invisible cheating.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Handy Bendy Ghandi said:
Yeah, and Andre Greipel is a Cyberman............

Oh dear, I shouldn't have said anything..............this will be regarded as established fact now............

oh i wouldn't worry, with a name like Handy Bendy Ghandi, nothing will be taken as fact. ;)

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
Handy Bendy Ghandi said:
Yeah, and Andre Greipel is a Cyberman............

Oh dear, I shouldn't have said anything..............this will be regarded as established fact now............

oh i wouldn't worry, with a name like Handy Bendy Ghandi, nothing will be taken as fact. ;)
Oi, I'm all for passive resistance ! :)

Re:

Dear Wiggo said:

Funny thing with corked bats in baseball, they actually hit the ball with less power than a regular bat.

Its been proven multiple times, and even the Mythbusters did a segment on it.

yet people still do it.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Catwhoorg said:
Dear Wiggo said:

Funny thing with corked bats in baseball, they actually hit the ball with less power than a regular bat.

Its been proven multiple times, and even the Mythbusters did a segment on it.

yet people still do it.

Mythbusters are a joke....They themselves have been busted many times.

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
So they can put it into a car or maybe that it doesn't clash with other bikes' handlebars on a roof.
It looked like it was some "universal" bike if a rider break his main and spare bike.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

ray j willings said:
Mythbusters are a joke....They themselves have been busted many times.

I disagree. They don't test ideas with true scientific rigor, but they do a great job of taking an idea, not taking it for granted, but putting it to the test. That's a great attitude, in my opinion, and fully worthy to display on a television show. Are their results truly and fully trustworthy? Probably not. That's why I think their results have no true place in a proper debate other than anecdotal or conversational.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
Apparently he's saying "Hide it" but why would you do that right in front of spectators, and in front of someone obviously holding a video camera?

I think this is the most important part. However, that could be explained by the stress of having something you don't have.

I don't know, though, this is hardly any conclusive evidence and I don't have a clue what he's actually saying, as I don't speak the language. If it turns out to be something, then it's the worst job of hiding something I've ever seen.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
So this got posted on twitter: http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/05-09-2015/motorini-elettrici-nascosti-telaio-o-ruote-bici-vi-diciamo-tutto-13010269705.shtml

Anyone with Spanish skills care to comment?

Apparently he's saying "Hide it" but why would you do that right in front of spectators, and in front of someone obviously holding a video camera?

When people are under stress they dont necessarily notice what is going on around them. The 'fan' was holding a phone, i guess, rather than a camera so that may not have registered with the mechanic, but Gazetta and AS think it points to motorised bikes.

AS(Spanish Publication) are asking why the mechanic said "esconde la bici que no se vea", which google translates (badly) into "it hides bike that is not seen".....

No panic.

frame was a broken 2016 model Canyon Aeroad.

So the intention of the DS was to have the bike somewhere hidden so that the photographers at the finish wouldn't see it, and clearly the best place to dump it was to give it to the soigneur in the feeding zone.
So the most obvious reason to hide it was because a broken frame of a new model = bad publicity on the inter webs for Canyon. Nothing more, nothing less. So all the conspiracy seems to me a case of people that are really not in the know of what happens in the average pro cycling team, searching for pink invisible unicorns.

And no, there were no photographers / cameras around, except for the random phone (everyone has a camera now).

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Volderke said:
No panic.

frame was a broken 2016 model Canyon Aeroad.

So the intention of the DS was to have the bike somewhere hidden so that the photographers at the finish wouldn't see it, and clearly the best place to dump it was to give it to the soigneur in the feeding zone.
So the most obvious reason to hide it was because a broken frame of a new model = bad publicity on the inter webs for Canyon. Nothing more, nothing less. So all the conspiracy seems to me a case of people that are really not in the know of what happens in the average pro cycling team, searching for pink invisible unicorns.

And no, there were no photographers / cameras around, except for the random phone (everyone has a camera now).

Nice explanation, but carbon frames breaking is nothing new, so why the need to hide it and why would a team care, it is the sponsors (in this case Canyon) who should be worried not movistar, in fact if i was movistar i would be leaving it lying around for journalists to photograph and get a better deal out of Canyon. ;)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
"esconde la bici que no se vea" literally means "hide the bike so that it is not seen", ie that nobody sees it. There is absolutely no evidence of a motor here, don't even see the bike in motion. Explanation (that it would be bad news for the sponsor and they wouldn't be happy) is at least plausible imo. Already other better evidence out there.