• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Evidence

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Over the next 10 days there will be a flood of evidence against lance. It starts today
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...ong-was-regularly-tipped-off-about-tests.aspx
“The testers struggled to carry out spot checks without Lance Armstrong benefiting from a period of twenty minutes.

“In twenty minutes, a lot of manipulations are possible. He made infusions of saline to dilute the blood. He replaced his own urine by an artificial urine.

“EPO was administered in small doses…the substance was undetectable. Without information from the police or customs, it was impossible to fight this way.”

“This support overflowed into the UCI (International Cycling Union) and the International Olympic Committee,” he said. “Lance Armstrong was surrounded by scientific physiologists, some of whom were discarded later. He had considerable resources to protect and implement logistics.

“There were rumours that he transferred blood from the United States in his private jet.”

He also alleged that former French president Nicolas Sarkozy pulled strings for the rider,

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Right it will be all the cowards that now have dirt on him. It is called hearsay.
Anyone that talks now is lust looking for a me too.

1QZQp.gif

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I think it's far, far better for a slow release - a drip feed, even, of evidence. Let people digest it and keep each evidence press article short and sweet and tightly focused so people can understand it.

Compared to dumping everything at once, where articles in the press would / could be confusing and overindulgent in analysis and simply TOO MUCH INFO for your average Joe Blow to absorb, with some no doubt slipping through the cracks.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
frenchfry said:
This is all very interesting but not very substantive. I am sure it is going to get a lot more specific and certainly more damaging than this.

The stuff that will come out will be so overwhelming and compelling. I wonder if Tygart showed him some flash cards before he decided to bail.

The better catch will be the UCI...the enabling entity. I bet Tygart sees that as the bigger catch.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
It was hardly a level playing field for the dopers if one was getting advance notice of tests!

UCI had some racket going huh! cha ching!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
krinaman said:
Sorry, I'm not following how that equals evidence against Lance.

His samples were positive or at the risk of testing positive, which may have leaked out like before when they retested his 99 tdf samples and found epo in them :D

Why not test his along with others. Evidence of the conspiracy to cover his doping.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
So Sarkozy was pulling strings for Armwrong.
In return for what?

In any case another fascinating exhibit of how far Armstrong was willing to go to get what he wanted. Amazing, this guy's sphere of influence.

Wasn't he also friends with Obama and/or Bush?

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Over the next 10 days there will be a flood of evidence against lance. It starts today
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...ong-was-regularly-tipped-off-about-tests.aspx

i read the article and it seemed like speculation rather than evidence as such, but there is a lot of information and evidence out there already on armstrong. it doesn't change many views. i can't see anything coming out that will be a game changer. we've already had two detailed prime time confessions.

i think it's a catch 22. the more you know about the sport and the doping programs that were standard for GC riders of the era, the more you are able to justify what armstrong did. that's why those who know about cycling mainly support him. and those that don't know about the sport seem to think he is a great as well. so i think in the long term his legacy remains intact, though there will always be those that bitterly hate him and choose to blame all doping on him.

Benotti69 said:
His samples were positive or at the risk of testing positive, which may have leaked out like before when they retested his 99 tdf samples and found epo in them :D

Why not test his along with others. Evidence of the conspiracy to cover his doping.

You can bet he'll try spinning this, like he does EVERYTHING else. "Its a lie, this isn't true. I've been tested over 500 times, and never a positive...blah blah blah".

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
i read the article and it seemed like speculation rather than evidence as such, but there is a lot of information and evidence out there already on armstrong. it doesn't change many views. i can't see anything coming out that will be a game changer. we've already had two detailed prime time confessions.

i think it's a catch 22. the more you know about the sport and the doping programs that were standard for GC riders of the era, the more you are able to justify what armstrong did. that's why those who know about cycling mainly support him. and those that don't know about the sport seem to think he is a great as well. so i think in the long term his legacy remains intact, though there will always be those that bitterly hate him and choose to blame all doping on him.
Hi BPC,
His legacy as the biggest doping fraud will indeed remain intact, but a lot more detail will start to come out and people (the remaining few) will realize he did not just dope, but bullied and bought many people too.

Thats a great legacy to have.

ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:

Seriously? Once one former teammate opens his mouth about Lancey one nut, the rest will follow....that means the stuff gets worse and worse, and then it'll show just how much of a slimeball,POS, scamming, lying, ******bag the man really is. It'll only get worse from the first one to speak on down, trust me. THATS what Pharmstrong DOES NOT WANT coming out.

He's a fraud, a phoney, a liar, and many many more things. Trust me when i say, once the evidence hits, he'll wish he'd have been put into the witness protection program, I doubt he'll have a sponsor/fan/supporter left. Unless there really are brain dead, gullible, imbecillic people out there

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ÅSBJÖRN BENKT said:
...........so i think in the long term his legacy remains intact............

Yep.

The one and only rider to have been disqualified for 7 years in a row for a Tour De France for systemtic doping, bribery and corruption of a sport.

Wow that is a legacy that is gonna be hard to beat.

TRENDING THREADS