• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the face/person behind the member

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Afrank said:
King Boonens is clearly a rebel. He lives by his own rules. :cool: :p

I also adhere to the caveat of rule #33.

Rule #33 // Shave your guns. Legs are to be carefully shaved at all times. If, for some reason, your legs are to be left hairy, make sure you can dish out plenty of hurt to shaved riders, or be considered a hippie douche on your way to a Critical Mass. Whether you use a straight razor or a Bowie knife, use Baxter to keep them smooth.

1557-RAS16_zpssek8vwx7.jpg

Tricycle Rider said:
And there he goes again, sporting an evil smile while rocking a fixed-gear...

Cool photo, BK.

Was everyone riding a fixie in this race?

As far as I'm aware, out of 3000 riders I was the only person on a fixed wheel.

Not a race, was a sportive. I've been asked to race a few times but I don't really fancy it :)

Gigs_98 said:
kind of sad that so many pictures here are gone. I am quite interested how many people in the forum here look like and its kind of frustrating when these people post a pic here but I can't watch it.
Also while reading through this thread I noticed some things:
-50% of the posts here are just there to boast with the posters gf :D
-Big Mac and Netserk are way younger than I expected
-I am probably the only person in this forum who doesnt cycle a lot.

Of age now. :D

Nets is not young. He's nearly 100, has braided beard, sleeps with an axe by his side and dreams about Fuglesang.

BigMac said:
Gigs_98 said:
kind of sad that so many pictures here are gone. I am quite interested how many people in the forum here look like and its kind of frustrating when these people post a pic here but I can't watch it.
Also while reading through this thread I noticed some things:
-50% of the posts here are just there to boast with the posters gf :D
-Big Mac and Netserk are way younger than I expected
-I am probably the only person in this forum who doesnt cycle a lot.

Of age now. :D

Nets is not young. He's nearly 100, has braided beard, sleeps with an axe by his side and dreams about Fuglesang.
Netserk:
9V6YwBm.jpg

Tricycle Rider said:
irondan said:
TbQY2yn5So_Nb0a7SPkRQ8lZeZn60Wm_nNsFjyF6xDo=w300-h550-no

Hurricane Ridge, Olympic NP WA
Damn, dude... you look all mean, clean, and just about ready to mountaineer!

How you doing up there in WA State, btw.? I mean, in the ways of wildfires and such.

Nice photo, btw.
Thanks! I'm in the mountains a lot.

Fires are not good, obviously. We have fires every year but they're out in the vast forests in the eastern part of the state for the most part. Last year a few towns were burnt pretty bad and this year is looking even worse. Even the west side of the state is in a heightened state of alert because it's so dry. Chelan was a beautiful mountain town and now it's devastated. Very sad.

Btw: I didn't know that was neserk, I thought he would be... taller. :p

irondan said:
Tricycle Rider said:
irondan said:
TbQY2yn5So_Nb0a7SPkRQ8lZeZn60Wm_nNsFjyF6xDo=w300-h550-no

Hurricane Ridge, Olympic NP WA
Damn, dude... you look all mean, clean, and just about ready to mountaineer!

How you doing up there in WA State, btw.? I mean, in the ways of wildfires and such.

Nice photo, btw.
Thanks! I'm in the mountains a lot.

Fires are not good, obviously. We have fires every year but they're out in the vast forests in the eastern part of the state for the most part. Last year a few towns were burnt pretty bad and this year is looking even worse. Even the west side of the state is in a heightened state of alert because it's so dry. Chelan was a beautiful mountain town and now it's devastated. Very sad.

Btw: I didn't know that was neserk, I thought he would be... taller. :p
Edit: As of today 8/21/15, the fires have tripled in size overnight. It's an "unprecedented cataclysm" according to the governor, who also put out a call for any citizen to join the fight on the fire lines. That's never happened before here in Washington.

Another windy day is with high temperatures is in the forecast today making the firefighting effort, futile. Mandatory evacuations is the order of the day.

3 firefighters were killed when they had an accident trying to get away from a firestorm but they were engulfed by the flames, instantly killing them. A survivor fights for his life in hospital in Seattle.

I'm not the type of guy that gets all emotional but as I write this simple comment on an internet forum far away the thought of what damage these fires are doing to my 'home' right now have me welling up...

[quote="irondan
Edit: As of today 8/21/15, the fires have tripled in size overnight. It's an "unprecedented cataclysm" according to the governor, who also put out a call for any citizen to join the fight on the fire lines. That's never happened before here in Washington.

Another windy day is with high temperatures is in the forecast today making the firefighting effort, futile. Mandatory evacuations is the order of the day.

3 firefighters were killed when they had an accident trying to get away from a firestorm but they were engulfed by the flames, instantly killing them. A survivor fights for his life in hospital in Seattle.

I'm not the type of guy that gets all emotional but as I write this simple comment on an internet forum far away the thought of what damage these fires are doing to my 'home' right now have me welling up...
I've been following this on the news, Washington (specifically Tacoma and Seattle) are my former stomping grounds, and I hear ya. The fact that three firefighters died (one was only 20) is just heartbreaking. I think the fourth one is in critical condition at Harborview with burns over 60% of his body... I don't even know what to say.

Good thoughts and good vibes to you all up there, hopefully nobody else will die.

hrotha said:
Irondan said:
JackRabbitSlims said:
after the latest episode of the Train Wreck that is Ray J Willings & his dear wife Brigid.....I would love to see what those two look like in person - :D

Yeah, I know it's probably only going to be one of them ;)
They're both banned because it was never his wife that created the account. *She was ray j, not his wife...
eSsKaRh.gif

6bxVYU4.gif

TRENDING THREADS