• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the face/person behind the member

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree with you guys. Even I posted myself on the internet, something I've hardly done before - don't tell me you guys can't :p.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I would agree with that. Jokes are okay, not posting is fine, but don't post a photo of someone other than yourself. Those go in the random chaos thread.

Jokes are okay? What is this place?? Nirvana?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm probably guilty of looking too young also (also 23).

----

okay this is me and mah girl.

381066_10150385906524847_732369846_8187644_1282894510_n.jpg

me (looking very drunk and cocky lol) and mah mate (i'm on right)

58512_437940109846_732369846_4921619_7663114_n.jpg

me with longer hair

309552_10150402566910833_720770832_10663287_416109327_n.jpg

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Aunt Susan is sleeping, and other kool mods are way out of my time zone.
At midnight (for 42 minutes or so) this place would never be the same, I am starting nude dude user pics show;)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Sad to see this thread go down the drain with people posting pictures of just about everyone but themselves.

Maybe photos of Wayne Rooney, some male model or the Indian Hulk should go in a random picture thread or the free form chaos thread or something.

Nicely put. Wait, I have to translate, so that I understand.
"Just post your f****** photo, or STFU. Can't wait, because, for regulars and addicted like me, this is one of best f****** moments and threads in (cycling)forums. Need more faces. From whoever."

Ok, master hitchie, I have seen it all.
We have to keep the tension, you know. :)
Where is your photo ?

Anyway, this is always a good one.
- some run away and do like they didn't notice this thread
- some consider it a drama and have paranoia
- some (spectators) totally nervous, knowing us for years, without beeing a registered member, waiting for pics
- some kind of excibitionists, who can't stop posting photos of themselfs, or their virtual ego...bigger is better...I'm a hot boy...or was that my brother
- some just cool and post their real picture, but sweating and waiting for reaction
- some just post their picture, but fall into crisis about their decision....pic.... deleted hours later
- some just post a picture from someone else, but not them.....fun...but bad conscience later....never seen anywhere again
- some think they are too fat or too ugly, or whatever
- some want to keep the tension and have all the time in the world...
- etc

Anyway, so far, I am still confident to be the best looking man!, I mean man, also tormented by all that, what this perfect and athletic body causes reactions at women.
I have all the time in the world, have seen it all, and if you want to, hitchie, we can meet at some classic, at Grand Depart in Lüttich, at the worlds in Valkenburg....whatever, like some guys here are planning it. should be cool.
Enough chances, and for me, just around the corner. Really around the corner. Wuhuhuuu.
Perhaps I'll bring a photo with me then.....................or post one tomorrow. A photo. :D

PS: I can guarantee you, when there is a meeting, only 50% will show up....and out of the rest, 50% look totally different....and of course have a bad day or injury, if we should race, or do some kilometers on bike.....dejavu

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
maybe you over-analyze this thread ey, anyway if there was a race I know I'd be right near the back :D (only a casual rider, my bike has been in need of a repair for the last month also haha).

finally!! ....u are one lucky bastvrd, irrc she likes cycling as well

mainly just likes boonen :eek:

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Sad to see this thread go down the drain with people posting pictures of just about everyone but themselves.

Maybe photos of Wayne Rooney, some male model or the Indian Hulk should go in a random picture thread or the free form chaos thread or something.

Sad to see that the first person to complain has made the most important contributions to the thread.

I'm taking down those images that I had posted (mainly because many of the posters i most respect have posted real photos) but one would expect the pompous forum police to follow same standards before slagging others off ie not hijacking threads.

ramjambunath said:
Sad to see that the first person to complain has made the most important contributions to the thread.

I'm taking down those images that I had posted (mainly because many of the posters i most respect have posted real photos) but one would expect the pompous forum police to follow same standards before slagging others off ie not hijacking threads.

I never told anyone what to do, mainly gave a quiet protest at the fact that the spirit of a thread I liked had been hijacked, so calling me "forum police" is unfair.

Never "slagged off" anyone, either. Again, a totally unfair comment.

Would appreciate it withdrawn.

Im not accusing anyone either. When people say a conversation im in is off topic I usually urge the mods to move it or even create a thread for the posts to be moved to myself. That way the conversations can keep going and the thread can stay clean. So I dont think im being a hypocrite in suggesting that the same might be a good idea here.

Cobblestoned said:
Nicely put. Wait, I have to translate, so that I understand.
"Just post your f****** photo, or STFU. Can't wait, because, for regulars and addicted like me, this is one of best f****** moments and threads in (cycling)forums. Need more faces. From whoever."

So now you are mocking me for the fact that like others I am curious to see what other posters look like.

What a great contribution:rolleyes:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
The only solution to this I see is that we all sit around and drink a bunch of Westleven 12's and we can all be friends again. That and veedeebee has some and I want in. Typical tyranny of distance.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ramjambunath said:

So you ultimately don't respect people who don't post photos of themselves online? Listen to yourself, please.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bygones be bygones, definitely no bad blood was intended.
ACF, I really fail to recognise how you derived that. It's like my surface integrals, I use some logic but I'd c**k it up massively.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Ok, alright, I'll bite. I'm not Roger De Vlaeminck, but my girlfriend also caught the RDV bug after I had her watch 'A Sunday in Hell' :) Brooklyn proper, August 2010.

L1020496.JPG

Awesome!

ÐÐÒÐÒÔ

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Ok, alright, I'll bite. I'm not Roger De Vlaeminck, but my girlfriend also caught the RDV bug after I had her watch 'A Sunday in Hell' :) Brooklyn proper, August 2010.

L1020496.JPG

OMG :eek: RVD is a Hipster after all! hahahah

naa nice pic of you and the little woman for real

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Jesus Christ, woke up this morning and all I have to see is some beautiful womans and love flying arround, with little bit of fighting:D

Please let ramja dude computer and spiritual advisor of mine alone, and enjoy the thread thanks!

Timmy I do not buying it, it is durianrider girl:D

RDV, where did you bought this hat? I must say it is kind of kool, too kool for me.

I posted a photo of myself upthread and then later withdrew it. I'm totally with those who are still reticent, even if elsewhere I have almost 2,000 photos online many of which include my hideous visage.

Those who know my CN forum history will know where to look anyway if they're so interested. ;)

Meanwhile the most interesting thing about this thread is examining the relationships between how people post and how they look. How is that different to one's preconceived expectations? And then reflecting on whether or not making such a comparison is actually valid.

My applied, reasoned, informed, quasi-academic conclusion? Some of you look much younger than I expected. :cool:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts