• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Gianni Moscon Bandwagon Jumping Thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

hrotha said:
The underlined quote suggests he doesn't think it was a racist thing, which massively undermines the whole argument that he gets it and regrets it.
It suggests that he thinks about it exactly the way I said earlier, he looked for the most hurtful thing to say, the choice is obvious in that case. What's more hurtful to a black person than being insulted with a racial slur? Nothing, probably. That's just a fact, doesn't take a racist to know that.

Re:

Brullnux said:
Lol.

I get that the course suited him but it's still pretty funny. 5th in Paris-Roubaix, 13th up the Angliru and 6th in the Worlds ITT, at 23 years of age. At this rate he'll end up as the next Merckx (or more realistically, Francesco moser).
And only 8 seconds down to the podium.
In a couple of years he'll be the last man of Sky train at the Tour giving that Froome will decline.

If Sky send him to Milano-Torino he could win his first classic in ten days.

Re:

Brullnux said:
Lol.

I get that the course suited him but it's still pretty funny. 5th in Paris-Roubaix, 13th up the Angliru and 6th in the Worlds ITT, at 23 years of age. At this rate he'll end up as the next Merckx (or more realistically, Francesco moser).
Or the next Keldermerckx :D

It's pretty amazing how talented this kid is. I keep forgetting he was 5th in P-R. I think he and Benoot are pretty close in terms of versatility. Both can be close to the top on many different terrains but neither is elite in one specific aspect, although both are still very young of course. And Moscon is actually able to win races :p (I'm sure Tiesj will soon find his winning ways)

Re:

Nirvana said:
Jspear said:
He really needs to get out of team sky. They're the worst for him.
He could became the stronger rider in the stronger team, why on the earth he should leave Sky?

Sky has enough depth in their team. They don't need riders like him to slave away. Sure he can stay at sky for another year, but as soon as he discovers what type of rider he really is, he should leave.

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Nirvana said:
Jspear said:
He really needs to get out of team sky. They're the worst for him.
He could became the stronger rider in the stronger team, why on the earth he should leave Sky?

Sky has enough depth in their team. They don't need riders like him to slave away. Sure he can stay at sky for another year, but as soon as he discovers what type of rider he really is, he should leave.

It depends what he wants, but at the moment he has earned a free role in most of the one-day races next year and could well be a key man for Froome, just like he was at the Vuelta.

Who knows, with age perhaps starting to catch up with Froome, in two years time he may even get a chance to lead Sky at a GT if that is the path he wants to go down. I think he can achieve what he wants at Sky, plus be handsomely rewarded financially too.

Next year he'll be for sure a leader in cobbled races but i think they'll give him a free role also in Strade Bianche and Ardennes. If he confirm the muritos performances of the Vuelta he could be a contender in Fleche but i think his real shot for a win is in Roubaix.

If he want to test himself on the three weeks he should try to stay high in the GC while working for Froome like Thomas and Poels.

Anyway i want to see him unleashed on Superga in ten days, he's in top shape and i don't think that Kwiatkowski or Poels will ride Milano-Torino.

Valv.Piti said:
Gianni will win a monument in 18, he is just that good. Theoretically Flanders should suit him better, but I go for Roubaix.

Why better than Paris-Roubaix?

Since Dumoulin refused that honour, Moscon can be the new Cancellara. Great for the classics to have a pure rouleur as top contender. ;)

Re:

jsem94 said:
Kwiat and Moscon will light up the classics. Both of these dudes are actually capable of winning all five monuments. Insane.
I can't see Moscon win Sanremo with his lack of sprint on the flat, he should drop everyone on the Poggio or go away in the finale like Cancellara, very hard nowadays. And Kwiatkowski never tried Roubaix.
With the Lombardia routes used until same years ago i think the more likely to try the feat would be Van Avermaet but in the last years they switched to more climbers friendly routes that probably are too hard for him.

Nirvana said:
jsem94 said:
Kwiat and Moscon will light up the classics. Both of these dudes are actually capable of winning all five monuments. Insane.
I can't see Moscon win Sanremo with his lack of sprint on the flat, he should drop everyone on the Poggio or go away in the finale like Cancellara, very hard nowadays. And Kwiatkowski never tried Roubaix.
With the Lombardia routes used until same years ago i think the more likely to try the feat would be Van Avermaet but in the last years they switched to more climbers friendly routes that probably are too hard for him.
GVA does have the best overall finish record in all 5 with 5th, 2nd, 1st, 7th, 12th

TRENDING THREADS