• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Grand 2022 Wollongong UCI Road World Championships Thread, September 18th-25th

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So what if he touched them? I mean, I don't think that someone would be taken to the police station for hours here for that. Let them all make statements, get to bed, deal with it later. Did he break someone's arm or are Australian police so rigid?
(My Australian friends have always said Australia is quite macho. That's why I am surprised and assume something actually did happen.)

But now back to the race for a couple of hours :)

Reactions: BR2
That one pelican is not doing his/her share of the pulling

Danish commentators were speculating they - the pelicans - were planning an attack on Mollema. But apparently pelicans are larger than Quintana.

How exactly Schuurhuis became a Vatican citizen?
Every time I checked the census the balance was 1.

I'm just disappointed they didn't simply select a random cardinal to ride.
"You are now a bike rider!"

How exactly Schuurhuis became a Vatican citizen?
Every time I checked the census the balance was 1.
His wife, Chiara Porro is the Australian Ambassador of the Vatican. Everyone involved with the Vatican, as well as direct family members can become a member of the Athletica Vaticana.

Athletica Vaticana is a sports team that the pope started 4 years ago to promote brotherhood in sports. They joined the UCI last year.

Apparently no one of the Dutch team was in the hallway, or went with Van der Poel to the police station. The Dutch head coach Jan van Veen wasn't even aware about what actually happened... When something like this happens, that's a good reason to hold everyone of the team accountable and get rid of them. I would think that a bit of professionalism can be expected for a World Championship of a country with a huge history in cycling, and multiple candidates for gold.

TRENDING THREADS