• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Grand 2022 Wollongong UCI Road World Championships Thread, September 18th-25th

Page 75 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Evenepoel is a great descender. Not a bad place to catch someone off guard. Tactically, I don't know how good of an idea this attack was, though.
Well, Remco just doing his thing. I was expecting that. And IMO smart enough - going with tight chain will at some point result in stand still in the chasing group, just a few moments of confusion and arguing and the race is decided.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don‘t understand why Germany shouldn‘t chase. It raises their chance of getting any good result from 0 to 0.1 %
Exactly.

Denmark has rode a shitty race IMO. Way too defensive, and they have misread the race completely. And with this team where you have to be super opportunistic.

Edit: Okay, maybe not that bad, but I just don't like have they have approached this race with this kind of team.

Lol, Germany ain't going to close the gap. Pogi not going to try anything, as tratnik the tractor is in the group?

Shall remco have a go on this lap already. Guess someone colbrelli-ing him is the best thing on the menu.

Madouas shaking things up behind, I guess France are not too confident in their options in front

Even if the peloton doesn't catch them I still think Bardet, Tratnik and Schmid have a good chance of beating Remco.

Reactions: meat puppet