• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 334 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Citracca has a long history with Ukraine, already in 2009 the team had a Ukrainian main sponsor (ISD) and plenty of riders.

One of those was Andriy Grivko back then, who is now president of the Cycling Federation and apparently involved in those transfers.
Andriy "lights out" Grivko (just ask Kittel about that one.

So Uwubrocks managed to get away from Bora. Let's see how this one turns out.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
  • Wow
Jumbo have previous form for signing a rider who hasn't been let go from his previous team, remember the Van Aert transfer saga? Such a scummy team.
That's just nonsense. They were offered a rider, who they got told was free of contract. They actually waited a long time to sign him, until the contract issues were resolved (according to the Van Aert camp at least). They even waited for confirmation by the UCI. Any other team would have operated exactly the same.

This scummy team could have held Roglic to his existing contract, like Bora are apparently doing now with Uijtdebroeks. You would have loved that, I assume?

At least something is happening in the off season. Well, if Cian is still under contract with Bora, then i feel that at minimum a compensation will need to be agreed upon by both parties. Without that in my opinion Cian won't be allowed to race for Visma in 2024. Maybe they could send van Aert to Bora for getting Cian.

We'll see.

• Wow
Somehow this does feel to me as a payback attempt, maybe turned into a pay back, to Bora for poaching Rogla. Anyway. We'll see how things will develop in the following seasons. Personally i don't like it when it's done like that. As in the end it really isn't beneficial to any party involved.

Kids.

That's just nonsense. They were offered a rider, who they got told was free of contract. They actually waited a long time to sign him, until the contract issues were resolved (according to the Van Aert camp at least). They even waited for confirmation by the UCI. Any other team would have operated exactly the same.
And what was the court ruling on the case again?

Also, the scummy part doesn't just refer to transfers, but also things like their handling of Roglic crashing into Wright or Plugge being thrown out of the Tour for abusing race staff.

And what was the court ruling on the case again?

Also, the scummy part doesn't just refer to transfers, but also things like their handling of Roglic crashing into Wright or Plugge being thrown out of the Tour for abusing race staff.
Of course, if you want to hate you can always find things that you don't like. By the way it wasn't Plugge being thrown out of the Tour, and it wasn't for abusing the staff.

Anyway, Cian's management now says that his contract was terminated on December 1st.

• Wow
Of course, if you want to hate you can always find things that you don't like. By the way it wasn't Plugge being thrown out of the Tour, and it wasn't for abusing the staff.
If Jumbo deliberately initiating a dogpile of abuse on another rider for an incident caused by their own rider counts as 'something I don't like' rather than something objectively wrong, I don't know where to start.

Also, there's no need to go searching for anything - Team Dutch Sociopaths in Management-firmenich aside, I can't think of a single team with a worse track record in recent years when it comes to being a******s.

Somehow this does feel to me as a payback attempt, maybe turned into a pay back, to Bora for poaching Rogla. Anyway. We'll see how things will develop in the following seasons. Personally i don't like it when it's done like that. As in the end it really isn't beneficial to any party involved.

Kids.
How can I make this about Roglic?

I listened in radio Farodeportes that Quintero had several offers on the table. However, I am a bit surprised he ends up at IPT Devo honestly. Anyway, fair play to him!

I find it a bit hard to eveluate his potential. Obviously he won Vuelta del Porvenir were his GC triumph was foundated off an exellent TT preformance.

He was second on GC and won the queen-stage up the cat-1 climb to Santuario at Ruben Dario Gomez (in Riseralda).

He won 2 stage victories from sprints in Micro Vuelta al Valle, which talks for him beeing a very well rounded young prospect.

He also has pedegree on the track. Both in the IP and Points.Race!

His uncle Luis Carlos rode for Pony Malta BTW. In 1993, during the Vuelta de la Juventud, while wearing the leaders jersey for (Metas Volantes) he crashed dramaticaly in a corner during the last stage and almost lost his life. Today 30 years after he works as a civil enginere.

Anyways, I am actually exicted to see how Israel will further booster their fedder for next year.

TRENDING THREADS