• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Great Grand-Tour-Game 2011

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I have good reasons to think that the sprinters teams are still intact at this time, and have the power to chase and catch the lead group with Visconti... And Cav just wins by inches :D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I have good reasons to think that the sprinters teams are still intact at this time, and have the power to chase and catch the lead group with Visconti... And Cav just wins by inches :D

yeah I think the sprinters are gonna try to make the most of their limited opportunities.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yop. It´s basically the last chance. After that the mountain masacre starts. Seems like a Tour of the 50s.

I am ready now. Eager to let the games begin. Am in all 3, going for the triple :D

May 27, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No, you did the best you can do. 3 times Cav, 3 times Contador. A tactic most of us used. Now it "only" depends on having picked the right stages...

P.S.: and you have 3 times Rodriguez. I might have gone with too many breakaway winners. I like your picks more.OMG

damn i think I picked the wrong stages and I totally forgot about the wild cards otherwise i will pick some androni. will there be a leaderboard

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
damn i think I picked the wrong stages and I totally forgot about the wild cards otherwise i will pick some androni. will there be a leaderboard

Yes. Like in snooker. A Board with the actual standings and one with provisional standings, where the CG after the stage is calculated too. But this only after the important stages (i.e. King-Mountain stages). So everybody will see how he really looks in the play-off run.

I guess after Stage 1 we will have 18 leaders. LOL.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I see there's 4 or 5 of us taking on the sprinters with Visconti on stage 8.

Nah, Visconti will be too pooped after his win on stage 5 !!!

Edit.. am starting to have doubts about my picking stratergy as it relies on Menchov and Anton not dieing coming down the Crostis :eek:

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have made an overview of all the picks. This should give you a better idea of the trends for every stage.

Link

I have also included a color scheme. I'ts really quite simple. If 1-4 people have predicted a certain rider for a certain stage, I have colored that cell yellow. If more than 4 people have predicted a certain rider for a stage I have colored the corresponding cell red.

I have also bolded the cells and numbers that were the highest for each stage.

Enjoy.

Nice work their boomcie

I see a lot of people went with Contador for stage 16. I considered it but remembered that he lost to Pellizoti on Kronplatz so someone else might own it. Also the first half is flat so im thinking The Pope can gain enough time and use his decent climbing on the 12% sectors to keep the lead.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
already trailing. dammit :D
c'mon cav (a first time i say this..)

Yeah, it's bad. :eek: 18 people gained a relatively easy point. I hope to get some lucky wins along the way.

Go Peta!

May 21, 2010
Visit site
perfect start

Hoped Cav/HTC would mess up early doors get mad and trounce em in cpl stages time..... todays finish was perfect for my plans lol. Ale-jet for the win and a p****d off cav super motivated for upcoming stages...sweet

only bad point have farrar for a stage,he didnt look clever