• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Great Grand-Tour-Game 2011

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Kazistuta said:
Count me in as well.

Actually can't see the point in having a max entrants limit for the giro, except if it's to lessen the work load (which I respect).

Exactly that´s the case. And we´ll have a sweet playoff format like in the big leagues. Going from 32 to 16 (which i´ll change to; i started with 12 for the 2nd round because i tought we won´t get 32, i was conservative guessing) to 8.

You are in.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
If we don´t discuss the USD-Topic too much, i think it will be ok. I mean it´s a present by free will, so it should be legal.
Otherwise, how should i be able to send a bottle of champagne around the world? So as unfortunate as it is, the bottle can be only virtually. ;)

BTW, you want to register? I am not sure about your post in that case...

You can already start calculating how much € you get for 50$. :D
But I would have prefered that nice bottle.

We also need some "YOU ARE OUT!" celebration ceremony after Giro.

pointing_fingers.JPG

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
We also need some "YOU ARE OUT!" celebration ceremony after Giro.

Haha... I think the last day will be a "masacre". 16 drop out and may 10 of them were sure to be in. That´s the time when the final ITT shuffles the Top-20 one last time.

Ferminal said:
The trick will be picking which days Cav will win (I don't think he will get more than two wins) and finding which MTFs suit which of the big climbers.

That´s the difficult part and the 12-20 Finishers. Do i choose the likes of Sivtsov or Lövkvist... :confused:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Haha... I think the last day will be a "masacre". 16 drop out and may 10 of them were sure to be in. That´s the time when the final ITT shuffles the Top-20 one last time.

That´s the difficult part and the 12-20 Finishers. Do i choose the likes of Sivtsov or Lövkvist... :confused:

we pick 1 to 20 right ?

I had a lot of trouble trying to work out whom to pick.
Movistar especially... I am certain a couple of their guys will be in there, but was pretty stuck :p

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Haha. That Movistar-Thing will be the Running-Gag troughout. Now i have to live with it.... Hope everybody enjoys it.;)

Yes 1 to 20 in the correct order (so Contador at No. 1 ;)) and then right down to No.20....

I think i´ll add more tiebreakers. Strange things happend before. I don´t wanna make a lottery when the going gets tough.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
If we don´t discuss the USD-Topic too much, i think it will be ok. I mean it´s a present by free will, so it should be legal.
Otherwise, how should i be able to send a bottle of champagne around the world? So as unfortunate as it is, the bottle can be only virtually. ;)

BTW, you want to register? I am not sure about your post in that case...
I'll just be a spectator but good luck everyone.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Since no one wants to be on the Waiting-List :eek:, i have skipped it.
Everybody who registers and sends picks until Thursday evening is in the run for the 50 USD. :)

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Since no one wants to be on the Waiting-List :eek:, i have skipped it.
Everybody who registers and sends picks until Thursday evening is in the run for the 50 USD. :)

so could I still join? Not sure if this means any one can join now?

TRENDING THREADS