• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Great Grand-Tour-Game 2014/15 "TdF Monster Edition"

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
A little taste of the game upfront (the rest after the draw):
Picked winners;
11 Quintana
4 Valverde
3 Aru
2 Nibali
1 Froome (guess who)

... wide open

After x beers, to widen the brain ;) , I had the brilliant meta thinking idea of leaving Nibali & Talansky out as replacements. The plan is to bring in Nibali as sharp shooter right up there in the T-3 (or leave him out ofc, if he is not motivated). Same goes with Talansky: Shooting him right into his spot (should be around 10th to 15th I guess), if he still has some power left in his tired legs. If not? Good. Then I can leave both out, and make a nice CG position swap for at least one extra point.

OK, that was the theory. Ofc, it will end up in a very different way.

Btw; the last 3 cuts were hefty:
Plaza as captain for Lampre (had bad results during year anyway), then Rolland as captain for Europcar (he should be tired by now with 72 (!) race days already). And finally I almost shed tears ;) ... had to leave out TJVG. That was the toughest. But what could I have done? Needed some space for my T-20...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Division champions will be officially crowned (for a 5th time in this edition) after the cut of stage 15, before we go on with the Championship-Division.
The Provisionals after stage 15 will count with the CG standings after stage 15. That means: If a rider DNS for stage 16 (in case of injury for example) but is inside T-20 after the stage 15, he counts officially in the standings.

Division championships (in this edition) so far:
3 Sceptic
2 Diggercuz
2 G2F
2 Walle
1 Foxxy
1 Hugo
1 Jspear
1 Mortand
1 Mutschi
1 Sasquatch
1 Valv (pithy)

(in red: players still in contention)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The draw starts now...

... as I can see with the usual 1 to 2 people watching it live.

The first overall pick goes to Anquetil, and it is

I.Harm (Nice, he was never in Anquetil. so welcome :) )

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

ILovecycling said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
To Bartali goes ... Vladimir
Not bad :cool:

Yes... and we have lots of new faces in the divisions, while last time many were drawn to the same divisions...

The final pick to Defraeye must be VinoAE... and it is ...

VinoAE

Edit: That was the last draw of this edition of the GGTG. Now I will put the picks up into google.docs...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I think a pretty much even draw. At first sight, the divisions look evenly matched (may Defraye is the strongest now, but not by much I guess).

Btw, first things first: I have updated the front page with the new drawn divisions...

Edit: The picks are online now. Links as usual front page, first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.