• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Great Grand-Tour-Game 2014/15 "TdF Monster Edition"

Page 75 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Deadline for picks is on Thursday evening (as usual 48 hours before the start of stage 1)...

... I am very busy the next two days, so more detailed infos on Wednesday. Please take care of the extra rules for the Vuelta cut (see front page & here: viewtopic.php?p=1786153#p1786153)

Thanks digger for the spreadsheet, I will take a close look on Wednesday.
Eshnar did you talk to the player I PMed you? I need to know for if a replacement is needed.
Sasquatch, you are high on the replacement list, but not 1st (see frontpage too).
The cut will be as said in frontpage. I will take a closer look on Wednesday also. Seems to be somewhere around stage 16...
The draw will be on Saturday, most likely just before the 1st stage starts...
My picks will be rushed because of time is running out, can´t take a deep look at profiles and my (I guess) 100-"short"-list before Wednesday either. So I am the least prepared in the most important round. :eek: My original plan was to win. I think I can say goodbye to that. Now my aim is a ninja-like T-10. :cool:

Not yet, but there's no need to mention him indirectly., It's no secret.

*** Official message***
Sceptic is banned, if he wants to send the picks for the game he can just send them to me at the address cn.moderators at gmail.com

I trust he reads this thread, if he's interested in playing at all.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
No, no, Eshnar, it´s about our multiple times division champ "TheSceptic"...

I don´t think he reads the game thread while being banned. So I think a e-mail to him wouldn´t be a bad idea. Or I do it, if you are allowed to give me his e-mail address. Don´t know, you tell me. :confused:

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
No, no, Eshnar, it´s about our multiple times division champ "TheSceptic"...

I don´t think he reads the game thread while being banned. So I think a e-mail to him wouldn´t be a bad idea. Or I do it, if you are allowed to give me his e-mail address. Don´t know, you tell me. :confused:
ops, had a brain fart and said sniper :D
I'll send him a mail. Sure as hell can't give the address away.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Dont worry foxxy, I havent followed cycling closely last 2 weeks, so you have a competitor :D

Im particularly concerned about that draw as I wanted to build my tactics on that :eek:
But dont worry,you did great game for 2 years and in real life all of us are busy I guess, so no wonder it came in this period of time

Looking forward to the final battle!

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Like the cut idea. If only that was used in the TDF and I could replace Sepulveda. :p

I will send picks just in case 3 of you don't. The banned person may not send, so there's a small chance I might be in as I would rely on 2 of you not sending :p

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

ILovecycling said:
Btw it sucks Sceptic is not present,he was one of the favourites for the title.I hope he is not banned for several weeks as ryo

True...

So I prolong the deadline to Friday 16.00 "cycnews" time... I will now write a PM to each and every participant, since I got picks with no replacement riders for after the cut.

The inside-Vuelta cut will be after stage 15! After that 3 1/2 to 4 (depending on ones view of things) "decisive" stages are left as by rule.

Btw, up to now I have zero stage picks, and a very short short list of zero riders. :cool:

Re: Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
ILovecycling said:
Btw it sucks Sceptic is not present,he was one of the favourites for the title.I hope he is not banned for several weeks as ryo

True...

So I prolong the deadline to Friday 16.00 "cycnews" time... I will now write a PM to each and every participant, since I got picks with no replacement riders for after the cut.

The inside-Vuelta cut will be after stage 15! After that 3 1/2 to 4 (depending on ones view of things) "decisive" stages are left as by rule.

Btw, up to now I have zero stage picks, and a very short short list of zero riders. :cool:

Thanks Foxxy :D
Just sent in my selections, really hope they are within the new format as I doubt I will be able to do any changes before Friday 1600

V

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
My short list is still at zero, but within the next hour it will have grown big... very big. I expect 100. ;)

Edit: Only 84 riders. No new record. I am dissapointed. ;)
Now the sifting starts... I think I better start with a beer to get myself started. :cool:

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
My short list is still at zero, but within the next hour it will have grown big... very big. I expect 100. ;)

Edit: Only 84 riders. No new record. I am dissapointed. ;)
Now the sifting starts... I think I better start with a beer to get myself started. :cool:

Have loads of beers Foxxy! So many that you end up tipping Matty Hayman for GC :D (I'm guessing he's not 1 on your huge shortlist though?)

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Look, Sky and AST (the old Giro problem arises :eek: ) are already in with 15 riders... two teams only. Thanks god LottoJumbo sends such a shitty team, they have zero riders on my short list. They saved me from having a new record. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.