• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Hour Record attempt by Jens Voigt (18.09.2014)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will happen?

• Vino (he will beat Boardman's superman 56 km)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trevim said:
Agreed. To me the Hour Record is the only way to compare cyclists from different eras. I would love to see what Cancellara could do with Merck's setup

Wait, I understood Buffalo's post was sarcastic, hence my negative reaction.

Anyway RIP Hour Record (1893-2014) :(

Unless the UCI restore the real rules fir it...

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Echoes said:
Wait, I understood Buffalo's post was sarcastic, hence my negative reaction.

Anyway RIP Hour Record (1893-2014) :(

Unless the UCI restore the real rules fir it...

The guy just put himself out in front of the world to try a record he could have failed at. Your comment is sad.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Never liked Voigt, but at least he had the courage to be first one after the rules change to try the record, he will set a time for better ITTers to beat.

richwagmn said:
The guy just put himself out in front of the world to try a record he could have failed at. Your comment is sad.

Jensie's record is another kind of record though. So is Moser's... So is "superman" position.. So is the last record whomever owns it.

Hence the desire to see a run at the "Merckx" record with plain spoked wheels, round tubes, drop bars, toe straps and so on.

It doesn't matter too much to me, but the distinction is something to know. I know the UCI will be happy how it went off and just pretend the other records are irrelevant somehow.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Jensie's record is another kind of record though. So is Moser's... So is "superman" position.. So is the last record whomever owns it.

Hence the desire to see a run at the "Merckx" record with plain spoked wheels, round tubes, and drop bars.

It doesn't matter too much to me, but the distinction is something to know. I know the UCI will be happy how it went off.

Absolutely understand. Jens didn't make the rules. He certainly won't keep the record. Give the man his due. That was hard as ****.