• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The No Spoilers Thread (aka I'm going to watch the race later, help me out)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I really like the concept of this thread and last wednesday I wanted to use it again. Or atleast ask someone for a link for the Fleche Wallone race, but I encountered a big flaw....

I don't use autologing for anything. My browser always deletes everything after I close it. I got this thread bookmarked so that I can directly access it without encountering any spoilers. The problem is that I need to login to post, but when I press login I get redirected to the mainpage... It's pretty much impossible to avoid spoilers with the pictures in the background. :(

Kwibus said:
I really like the concept of this thread and last wednesday I wanted to use it again. Or atleast ask someone for a link for the Fleche Wallone race, but I encountered a big flaw....

I don't use autologing for anything. My browser always deletes everything after I close it. I got this thread bookmarked so that I can directly access it without encountering any spoilers. The problem is that I need to login to post, but when I press login I get redirected to the mainpage... It's pretty much impossible to avoid spoilers with the pictures in the background. :(

Why don't you just change the setups on your browser?

skidmark said:
Thanks. Before I watch this, does anyone have a link to long highlights from stage 1? Or maybe I should just download... or skip it since it's a ttt.

I'm working in a remote area for the next few months and only have access to internet on weekends, so there may be a few requests like this from me in the future...
All teams in the TTT (average quality, only shorter vids have HD)

Edit: The video has been removed :(

If anyone wants to put up what comes up for the Giro (and Cali, for that matter) until next Saturday (which is my next day on the internet), I'd be very appreciative. If something happens crazy far from the finish somewhere that isn't covered by youtube, that would be good info to have as well. Thanks in advance.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Live streams in the US?

Is there any way for those of us in the U.S. to watch a live stream of the Giro? One that isn't malwared? I'm actually willing to pay something for that - and a few years ago I did watch the Giro that way, but I can't find that option now. I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm not keeping up with the tech options, I know.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
JohnNordin said:
Is there any way for those of us in the U.S. to watch a live stream of the Giro? One that isn't malwared? I'm actually willing to pay something for that - and a few years ago I did watch the Giro that way, but I can't find that option now. I'm sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm not keeping up with the tech options, I know.

It is being shown live on Bein sports on TV. For live coverage over the internet look at the links on Steephill (http://www.steephill.tv/) and Cyclingfans (http://www.cyclingfans.com/live_race_coverage). Some links are geo-restricted, but you can usually find one or two that work.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
use noscripts and adblocks to weed out unwanted stuff.

the links in steephill have been safe, in general. hav been using it for the past 5 yrs.

if you just want a decent stream, then you may try sporza or rai. the basque language site works sometimes. the commentators in italian channel make lot of noise when there is an attack. dutch channels are tougher, sometimes they scream. these channels pronounce names differently.

Hugo87 said:
If you are really eager to see something, this video starts with 7.8 km to go, but I would recommend to wait for a longer video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpISTt4Isvw

Ok, thanks for the heads up! Eurosport will air one hour of coverage from todays stage in 11 minutes actually, so I will watch that instead! :)

Was hoping to get into bed early tonight but I guess you have to down-prioritize sleep when there is exams coming up and both the Giro and ToC is on! :)

I am going to be a living dead tomorrow..

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Walkman said:
Ok, thanks for the heads up! Eurosport will air one hour of coverage from todays stage in 11 minutes actually, so I will watch that instead! :)

Was hoping to get into bed early tonight but I guess you have to down-prioritize sleep when there is exams coming up and both the Giro and ToC is on! :)

I am going to be a living dead tomorrow..

It will be a worthy watch ;)

Good luck managing that time with exams and cycling, June and July were always complicated for me, so I know your feeling. :)

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
Cyclingtorrents.nl down?

Hey so when I came home from work and went to download today's Giro stage after hitting refresh on the browse screen for cycling torrents.nl I keep getting a 404 not found message.

Is everyone getting this and does anyone know what is going on?

TRENDING THREADS