• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Official Aussie Gloating Thread..

A

Anonymous

Well.. u23 TT and mens road race, you lot are gonna want one.. :D

A

Anonymous

and so it begins.. :D

instant-bait.gif

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
You are a joke. You call him a loser, a negative rider, and when he wins a big race you call it a fluke. That's what i call a bad sport.:(

See moondane's reply, you moron.

As long as I'm not getting racist here, I'm good.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
You are a joke. You call him a loser, a negative rider, and when he wins a big race you call it a fluke. That's what i call a bad sport.:(

You know what ":p" means, right?

Anyway... the only think that makes me close to as happy as Cadel's win is knowing how Dimspace's blood pressure is going go spike every time he sees him in the rainbow for the next 12 months! :p

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:

Anyway... the only think that makes me close to as happy as Cadel's win is knowing how Dimspace's blood pressure is going go spike every time he sees him in the rainbow for the next 12 months! :p

=))

Ah well, the rainbow jersey is usually accompanied by bad luck. Might just be Dimspace's year ;)

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:

its not just the jersey.. im not even going out on sunny days when rain is threatened..

i do wonder if having the jersey will have an effect.. theres a certain amount of pride comes in wearing it.. will we see amore agressive cadel...

oh who cares if we do or not.. :confused:

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Ballan said the rainbow was hard to carry I hope Cadel does a better job. He deserves a win, and off the front might break the curse of him being a mamas boy.

A

Anonymous

ive just received my official uci approved calender for 2010...

everything is good.. :D

2pte6c8.jpg

Spooky

With about 2 hours to race I went to bed, but left the computer on in my home office (http://www.steephill.tv) I woke out of a deep sleep compelled to see what was happening. The first thing I saw was Cadel out on his own, (there was no commentary, just live sounds) and went religious. (I had actually tipped Cadel to win to a few close friends, but had never picked a World Champion before the race ever!)
SO pleased to see Cadel win! A GREAT AUSSIE CHAMPION! THERE IS A CYCLING GOD,-He must have woke me up.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
=))

Ah well, the rainbow jersey is usually accompanied by bad luck. Might just be Dimspace's year ;)

Sorry, total misunderstanding. 2:30am in OZ. In the words of mark webber:
"YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES"

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
What are you going to do for 8 months?

nah.. theyve been cancelled.. scientists have discovered that we worked out the leap years wrong, and there should have been one every two years, so now theyve got to catch up... so most of 2010 is being abolished to correct the original mistake.. :D

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
nah.. theyve been cancelled.. scientists have discovered that we worked out the leap years wrong, and there should have been one every two years, so now theyve got to catch up... so most of 2010 is being abolished to correct the original mistake.. :D

I am just happy that there is no July. Won't have to suffer Fanboy Nation next year!!

Past that, I have bagged on Cadel pretty badly in the past. I am actually happy for him and you Aussies. As hard as he has raced this year, he deserves something for it. Lets just hope he can keep his comments tucked in.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I deliberately have read no other post, I'm hard to please but have seldom been so happy to see a non attacking rider accidentally go to the front. The most deserved gold medal ever, cept for the time I won a slow bicycle race, Well done Adel's Kevan.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I am just happy that there is no July. Won't have to suffer Fanboy Nation next year!!

FanBoy Nation will be in triplicate next year:

The Lance FanBoys rooting for Lance,

The anti-Lance FanBoys rooting for Schlecket,

The anti-Lance FanBoys rooting for Contador,

(And of course there will be the Cadel FanBoys thinking that his - well earned - WC rainbow jersey earns him consideration.:cool:)

TRENDING THREADS