• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
del1962 said:
He might turn out to be the new Bandito
Who is Bandito?

You mean:

images

Sorry meant Bananito

Okay let me bump this thread before Bernal shows his talent again this week, Bernal is going to ride in Settimana Coppi e Bartali, great route with stage 2 and 4 that should suit Bernal. The field is not superb but very interesting with a lot of young talents competing (for example also the first pro race for young climber Girdlestone who is from 97 just like Bernal), will be a great race to follow and I think Bernal will do really well here.

Decent ttt by his team today. A good sign that he was put in the 'fast' team for Androni.

Daniel Felipe Martinez is also here and could be very interesting. One year older than Bernal and coming from the track unlike Bernal who is a MTB rider but a bit similar type wise i'd say

Re:

Bushman said:
Decent ttt by his team today. A good sign that he was put in the 'fast' team for Androni.

Daniel Felipe Martinez is also here and could be very interesting. One year older than Bernal and coming from the track unlike Bernal who is a MTB rider but a bit similar type wise i'd say

Yes good TTT for him, it is a bummer for Bernal that Pellizotti and Taliani have now abandoned the race that are two climbing domestics gone.

I also wrote about Daniel Felipe Martinez (see the link in the OP) their TTT was also nice, could be a Colombian show in todays stage and especially stage 4 with Bernal, Torres, Martinez and Henao (I saw on the sky site he is the leader though they probably go in open minded with Henao, Moscon and Landa protected).

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

DNP-Old said:
He was about to win today, placed an attack on the Monte Tiffi, but then fell and gone were his chances.
Yeah, but the Asphalt was really bad, Firsanov also nearly crashed on the descent.
Bernal looked like the strongest rider, he attacked on Monte Tiffi and caught the guys who attacked on the penultimate lap (Firsanov and Pirazzi) and dropped Pirazzi, only Firsanov was able to stay with him. He probably would have beaten him on the uphill finish, Firsanov was cooked and was grinding a huge gear on the last few km, that was very honcharesque, on the short cobbled final climb he looked like someone who tried to destroy his knees.

TRENDING THREADS