• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

slosada said:
You are reading too much in RMC's tweets. They are the PR and media dpt of Acquadro

bernal is with alberati , not acquadro.

do not forget that savio will influence the choice and he wants to make money out of bernal.
he will let bernal go at the end of 2018, unless he find a new sponsor with a lot of money, very diffuicult to imagine now

I don't know how are the standings of Coppa Italia right now, but Androni are without doubt the best italian team so far in the italian continental races, so if they win Coppa Italia and get the spot on Giro 2018, I find it very likely that Androni Giocattoli continues or another company steps up, so Bernal might continue with Savio.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

proffz said:
slosada said:
You are reading too much in RMC's tweets. They are the PR and media dpt of Acquadro

bernal is with alberati , not acquadro.

do not forget that savio will influence the choice and he wants to make money out of bernal.
he will let bernal go at the end of 2018, unless he find a new sponsor with a lot of money, very diffuicult to imagine now

it looks i am wrong, bernal is now with acquadro, the same manager of chaves, betancur , henao, quintana and uran.
that opens a lot of chances to egan.
next year he will be WT.

savio is making him race too much for his age. egan has already 29 days in competition with more than 4000km...

Bernal gonna have some time out before the Baby Giro and a long summer break prior to the Italian fall classics I guess. He won't be as overraced as it looks currently. Pantani got used super hard in his first year with Carrera as well. At least until he got tendinitis after the 93 Tour of Trentin. It might make Bernal even stronger.

If Savio wins the Italian cycling cup and certainly enters the 2018 Tour of Italy, Bernal should stay another year with him. The silverfox should find new sponsorship in that case anyway.

Re:

staubsauger said:
Bernal gonna have some time out before the Baby Giro and a long summer break prior to the Italian fall classics I guess. He won't be as overraced as it looks currently. Pantani got used super hard in his first year with Carrera as well. At least until he got tendinitis after the 93 Tour of Trentin. It might make Bernal even stronger.

If Savio wins the Italian cycling cup and certainly enters the 2018 Tour of Italy, Bernal should stay another year with him. The silverfox should find new sponsorship in that case anyway.
No, he's riding l'Avenir as well. That's his big goal for this year.

Today in a colombian newspaper:

http://www.elespectador.com/articulo-176

"Sólo trato de hacer las cosas bien, luego vendrán los resultados”, afirmó el zipaquireño, que como pudo conocer El Espectador, ya firmó contrato con un equipo Pro Tour a partir de la próxima temporada."

"Im just trying to do things well,then the results will come. Said Bernal, who as knew El Espectador he has already signed a contract with a Pro Tour for the next season"

Re:

diegocamilo410 said:
Today in a colombian newspaper:

http://www.elespectador.com/articulo-176

"Sólo trato de hacer las cosas bien, luego vendrán los resultados”, afirmó el zipaquireño, que como pudo conocer El Espectador, ya firmó contrato con un equipo Pro Tour a partir de la próxima temporada."

"Im just trying to do things well,then the results will come. Said Bernal, who as knew El Espectador he has already signed a contract with a Pro Tour for the next season"

Doing the right things and results will come later means one thing and one thing only: Movistar! You work for Nairo, you learn from him and from Valverde. Adding to this, you have Betancur, D. Quintana, Anacona as fellow colombians, add Andrey Amador, Richard Carapaz, you have the biggest latin american team in WT ;)
Keep in mind that Movistar has a Movistar team america based in Colombia, this is clearly the best team for him.

C9p09iEXoAMx7W6.jpg:large

I'll translate it later, but I found this very interesting. Only 5% body fat. :sad:

gospina said:
Doing the right things and results will come later means one thing and one thing only: Movistar! You work for Nairo, you learn from him and from Valverde. Adding to this, you have Betancur, D. Quintana, Anacona as fellow colombians, add Andrey Amador, Richard Carapaz, you have the biggest latin american team in WT ;)
Keep in mind that Movistar has a Movistar team america based in Colombia, this is clearly the best team for him.

What should he learn from Betancur, who won't be around by 2018?

Re:

Escarabajo said:
I don't like that he is being hyped so much. Mentality is the other part of the equation. Let's hope for the best that this Kid can win something big one day. :)
Can't escape the hype by now. Will win Route du Sud and Vuelta a Burgos next year at Movistar and a stage at a WT-stage race and domestique in his first GT in the Vuelta. Ring any bells? ;)

Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:
I don't like that he is being hyped so much. Mentality is the other part of the equation. Let's hope for the best that this Kid can win something big one day. :)
Can't escape the hype by now. Will win Route du Sud and Vuelta a Burgos next year at Movistar and a stage at a WT-stage race and domestique in his first GT in the Vuelta. Ring any bells? ;)
Forgot about L'Avenir this year.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:

Sounds like wheelsucker results to me.

El Pistolero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:

:rolleyes: Ugh, why are you always so negative? So, Nairo is on your s**tlist too? What on earth do those results have to do with that? It's such a stupid term to throw around in a sport that's defined by it.

jaylew said:
El Pistolero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Escarabajo said:

:rolleyes: Ugh, why are you always so negative? So, Nairo is on your s**tlist too? What on earth do those results have to do with that? It's such a stupid term to throw around in a sport that's defined by it.
Especially when he won that Route du Sud by attacking and dragging everybody around from 60k+ to go before finishing solo.

Pisti will inevitably go on about the poor quality field in order to justify an opinion that Nairo has never won a real solo, so still always follows wheels, though (Martello doesn't count because of the red flags and Formigal doesn't count because of Brambilla not being dropped even though Quintana pulled the whole way up the climb, Neila doesn't count because it's only a prep race, Le Semnoz doesn't count because Froome let him go, and Terminillo doesn't count because it was snowy and Monte Grappa doesn't count because everybody was upset because of Martello and cried so Quintana out-climbing them without a wheel to suck anywhere in sight doesn't count, and Lagos de Covadonga doesn't count because... well, I'm sure he'll think of something...).

Re:

the asian said:
According to the article Sky,Movistar & Bahrain Merida in the hunt.

I think he'll be sane and chose Movistar.
Maybe Bahrein wouldn't be so bad. Movistar has lots of talented climbers, so I'm not sure if he can show his whole potential there. Bahrein however doesn't have that many super strong climbers so I think it's more likely that he will have a free role more often.

Anyway, please anything but Sky. He would either end up as a domestique since that team has ridiculously many riders who can lead stage races, or he becomes the new super star and Sky again has an extremely strong gt leader after Froome starts to decline so they can keep on controlling grand tours. And I really dislike both options.

TRENDING THREADS