• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
GenericBoonenFan said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
13. BERNAL Egan Arley 0:47

44. GAUDU David 9:39

Choose wisely your hype train. :D

One got to ride his own race, the other worked for his leader...

Yeah, my post was just a parody of a post in the Gaudu thread after Milano-Torino. Didn't really have a point to make, just trying to contribute to the forced Gaudu vs. Bernal hype feud. :p

Maaaaaaaarten said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
13. BERNAL Egan Arley 0:47

44. GAUDU David 9:39

Choose wisely your hype train. :D

One got to ride his own race, the other worked for his leader...

Yeah, my post was just a parody of a post in the Gaudu thread after Milano-Torino. Didn't really have a point to make, just trying to contribute to the forced Gaudu vs. Bernal hype feud. :p
One of them is moving to Sky. Feud guaranteed

Re:

DNP-Old said:
From what I've heard, he's likely for Vuelta this upcoming season.
Seems like a good plan. I thought he might have been ready for the Giro already, but if Froome rides there I rather see Bernal in the Vuelta. Also, I think a season around the Vuelta is easier to plan than a one GT season around the Giro.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
DNP-Old said:
Seems like a good plan. I thought he might have been ready for the Giro already, but if Froome rides there I rather see Bernal in the Vuelta. Also, I think a season around the Vuelta is easier to plan than a one GT season around the Giro.
Vuelta would allow him to arrive in Innsbruck in top shape to claim the U23 world title.

Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
Red Rick said:
DNP-Old said:
Vuelta would allow him to arrive in Innsbruck in top shape to claim the U23 world title.
He's a pro, he shouldn't give two damns about junior titles. If he's really good nexty year, he should ride the men's race.

DSc4Qa3WkAA0hs2.jpg

Fits like a glove.

Looks good. We already get to see the boy in 2 weeks times and If Im not mistaken, he should be pretty good at those 8-10 min efforts, right? I think he could be very good already this year and do good things in his first GT which hopefully will be the Vuelta when he is acclimated to the WT and the level is lower than the Giro.

Gigs_98 said:
I have to say I'm impressed by his english, considering he says he only learned english for a really short time. It's already about ten times better than Nibalis :D
Cycling is one of few sports where you can be a world class athlete and still not have to give 2 shits about speaking English if you don't want to. I do think it would make many riders more marketable.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

staubsauger said:
According to my pizza baker there are areas in Sicily where farmers actually speak nothing but Sicilian. That was the reference in my joke.
Honestly, I find some Lombaridian dialects (mainly around Bergamo and Brescia) much worse, I don't want to offend anyone, but I prefer Southern dialects.
Back to Bernal, I hope that he'll have a great first season riding for a WT team, Vuelta as his first gt sounds good to me.

TRENDING THREADS