• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

repre said:
What is really wrong with hate for a Sky rider? I've liked Bernal a lot before he joined them, and now he is an enemy and very very dangereous one.
There is always hate in the world, u can't deny that simple fact. It's one of the main driving force of everything. Nothing wrong with that.

I liked this post. why? because it´s a perfect example of what drives me to cheer for SKY like mad. every win, every echelon, every second, every race won by them are special.
I have to thank the haters, I would enjoy less without them.

Re: Re:

pastronef said:
repre said:
What is really wrong with hate for a Sky rider? I've liked Bernal a lot before he joined them, and now he is an enemy and very very dangereous one.
There is always hate in the world, u can't deny that simple fact. It's one of the main driving force of everything. Nothing wrong with that.

I liked this post. why? because it´s a perfect example of what drives me to cheer for SKY like mad. every win, every echelon, every second, every race won by them are special.
I have to thank the haters, I would enjoy less without them.
Yep, it goes both ways! Just a driving force.

Re:

repre said:

Hating a person because he rides for a certain team, is a bit the same like hating a person just because he comes from country X. It's not really what we need in this world. You can dislike a team ofc (though I prefer people liking other teams instead of disliking certain teams), but hating a rider because he rides for them is sad in my opinion.

Anyway great ride by Bernal, with a very high average :), looking forward to the road race though Bernal might be working for Henao there.

The thing is: like in Football, some people have a profound hatred for a team. Player A could be playing for Barcelona and you could be his biggest fan, but one day Player A goes to Real Madrid, a team you loathe with a passion. Therefore Player A is now your enemy. In Football you're not loyal to a player but to a team. I don't see the problem with disliking Bernal because he switched teams. I like QS a lot, I disliked Cavendish but when he rode for QS I found myself cheering for him. Just things that happen.

Ruudz0r said:
repre said:

Hating a person because he rides for a certain team, is a bit the same like hating a person just because he comes from country X. It's not really what we need in this world. You can dislike a team ofc (though I prefer people liking other teams instead of disliking certain teams), but hating a rider because he rides for them is sad in my opinion.

Anyway great ride by Bernal, with a very high average :), looking forward to the road race though Bernal might be working for Henao there.
Yes, and Checho will also be te leader in Oro y Paz.

repre said:
tobydawq said:
repre said:

Seriously?
Do you like everyone in the world?

You said yourself that you used to like him. Suddenly disliking someone simply because of what team they ride on is pretty silly.

RedheadDane said:
repre said:
tobydawq said:
repre said:

Seriously?

You said yourself that you used to like him. Suddenly disliking someone simply because of what team they ride on is pretty silly.

Ever heard of Football?

GenericBoonenFan said:
RedheadDane said:
repre said:
tobydawq said:
repre said:

Seriously?

Ever heard of Football?

Of course. I also find disliking a player because they switched teams rather silly.
Though I generally find disliking teams in any sport silly.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Wow, how hilly was the time trial? Pretty great performance nonetheless. I also hope he wins the RR.

Not very:
5a5d00d96074d.jpeg

Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
The thing is: like in Football, some people have a profound hatred for a team. Player A could be playing for Barcelona and you could be his biggest fan, but one day Player A goes to Real Madrid, a team you loathe with a passion. Therefore Player A is now your enemy. In Football you're not loyal to a player but to a team. I don't see the problem with disliking Bernal because he switched teams. I like QS a lot, I disliked Cavendish but when he rode for QS I found myself cheering for him. Just things that happen.

Hate for a person is something very different then disliking them to win though. Especially when it's hate not because of who the person is but just what team he rides for (or what country he is from w/e, for me that is the same).
I mean I do understand a lot of people dislike the way Team Sky rides and therefor do not cheer for them to win, but hating someone just because he rides for them is terrible and narrow minded in my opinion.

GenericBoonenFan said:
RedheadDane said:
repre said:
tobydawq said:
repre said:

Seriously?

Ever heard of Football?
Football is a game with a ball, played between two teams. Cycling is a proper sport, won by individuals. Silly to bring football logic to cycling.

TRENDING THREADS