• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow. No love for 97 Ullrich.km
Agree. But when I mentioned nobody on the planet - I meant nobody on the planet in 2020 - not ever. Mind you I think Pogi would have been interesting against those guys on that stage. I mean he was ahead of some of the best time trialists in the world even before the climb started. But I really want to see what Roglic and Pogi could do on the Alpe. I think that is the best benchmark against prior generations.

Agree. But when I mentioned nobody on the planet - I meant nobody on the planet in 2020 - not ever. Mind you I think Pogi would have been interesting against those guys on that stage. I mean he was ahead of some of the best time trialists in the world even before the climb started. But I really want to see what Roglic and Pogi could do on the Alpe. I think that is the best benchmark against prior generations.
Oh I knew that but responding to Escarabajo leaving him out.

Reactions: Cookster15
Feb 13, 2021
Visit site
I'm impressed by how Egan makes every attack count. He's been riding rather conservatively, attacking occasionally, with 2 to 4 min efforts. With this route design so far he's done a magnificent job of creating 1'30 gap over his closest opponent.
As far as comparing different riders in different races- an absolute waste of time IMO. There is an important element missing in those comparisons (apart from many factors, like the wind on the day, the equipment of the time etc., the form on a particular stage) which is factoring in the racing mano-a-mano dynamic that can motivate and enable you to dig deeper or, conversely, lose confidence against a stronger rival.

Vuelta will be awesome if we get to see him go against the Slovenians… and I don’t know if there’s a chance of landa being healed by then. Could be the strongest field of the three GTs this year?
Well it depends.
If my favorite rider wis the race it's a very strong field, otherwise it's a very weak field (sometimes historically weak field).