• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Egan Bernal is the new Egan Bernal thread

Page 114 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm not too surprised with his performance. He was alrady able to finish top30 in Coppa Sabatini last year so I was positive that he would make a return to competitive racing in 2023. I bet many people don't realise that being able to finish just a few minutes behind the winner in such race is like your body being 98% up there in terms of what you need to do to win races. And he got there in just 8 months from the accident and 1 month from returning to a pro race for the first time. It was to be expected he would've made further gains before early 2023, and any further gains from the level he already showed in September 2022 would've put him in the ballpark of being a leadership worthy rider.

It took Froome 3 years (Mercan Tour Classic in 2022) to get to the level Bernal was already on a month since his return to racing. For me that was a sign that Bernal would recover much better than Froome.

Bernal is back and with a reformed face.

They said it was for respiratory purposes which was something that was bothering him. But at the same time the girlfriend requested an extra lift!
The he got a complete overhaul! :cool:

Men do that too now? Silly.

Bernal is back and with a reformed face.

They said it was for respiratory purposes which was something that was bothering him. But at the same time the girlfriend requested an extra lift!
The he got a complete overhaul! :cool:

Wasn't that just a joke on the Día de los Inocentes?

Bernal to return to racing in Catalunya

Rog and Remco will feel the Bern

TRENDING THREADS