• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The official Great Bauke Mollema thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
OMG OMG OMG!!! I've been worshiping a false prophet all this time!!!! How can I end like this? Forgive almighty Bauke cuz I've sinned! :(

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
I think it might have started due to some of the interactions between ACF and the Dutch posters on here

correct.

Barrus said:
A couple of days ago, perhaps a little over a week.

Does anyone know what Rabobank plans are for him next year, will he be used as a superdomestique for Gesink, or will he have the opportunity to again ride the Giro, or perhaps the Vuelta as either a protected rider or as the team leader?

I believe he is set to ride the giro again. I remember reading that somewhere anyway. I like the idea of him trying the giro again. If the transfer rumors are true, there will be no need to have mollema at the tour.

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
am i crazy or does bauke rank as the second ugliest dude in the pro peleton, behind cadel evans?*

*i believe stephan schumacher is still serving a suspension, he's gotta rank in the top three.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
To honour the Great Bauke Mollema, I made a video
(yes I was bored)
(yes the music choice is hilarious, that was the point)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hG2Vht00TM

laugh.gif

battery89 said:
tbh that's an awesome video and as you noted the omen theme is quite appropriate ;D nice work

your video also reminded me of another vid (of Gesink but seems appropriate) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2717682531678762338#

Which is incidentally, made by exactly the same guy. Me.
Although back then, I didn't know of any good video converters and this video was pretty poorly done (for my current standards) :p

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Boke Molima? No that's jut evil Harmon speech :mad:

I thought British Eurosports Boke Molima was completely outrageous, but sadly also the Norwegian, Swedish (not Roberto Vacchi) and Danish Eurosport commentators messed up the name of the great rider in a similar fashion; Båke Målima, Bauke Målimas. Bauke Målima. Of the language options we get for Eurosport here only the Finnish managed to pronounce it fairly correct. I suspect the others are evesdropping on the British commentators. :(

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
Now that we are talking about this... I'll dare to enter in the Blasphemy zone :(

Who is the greatest? Vino or Boke*?

OMG I think that I unleashed a monster...! :(

*Guys remember He is now Boke... all those who write Bauke are sinners!!! confess your sins and EMBRACE Boke's religion!!!

What! the only religion there is going in cycling is Cadelogy! I am the pope and he is God!

btw, Timmy are you going down to see the worlds? If so, I expect to see you in a orange, blue and white full body lycra suit as I will be in my green and gold lycra suit!

On the monuement point, MSR is a poor excuse of a monuement. It is a classic but an average race. AGR is more of a monuement imo.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I believe he is set to ride the giro again. I remember reading that somewhere anyway. I like the idea of him trying the giro again. If the transfer rumors are true, there will be no need to have mollema at the tour.
Nope. His aim for 2011 is to ride the Tour. And he probably will, I guess indeed as a superdomestique/occasional attacker.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
What! the only religion there is going in cycling is Cadelogy! I am the pope and he is God!

Starting a 1 man cult and threatening to stab those who form a threat to it might get you a few flags on some government internet monitoring program ;)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
btw, Timmy are you going down to see the worlds? If so, I expect to see you in a orange, blue and white full body lycra suit as I will be in my green and gold lycra suit!

i'm still not sure, as I have a wedding that weekend i think.

theyoungest said:
Nope. His aim for 2011 is to ride the Tour. And he probably will, I guess indeed as a superdomestique/occasional attacker.

ahh an article i read (cannot find it though) suggested otherwise.
riding as a domestique is just a waste.
On the other hand - especially if the transfer rumors are true - rabobank will potentially have a very strong tour team.
But yeah, I'd like to see him ride the giro/vuelta next year

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mollema won't win the Tour next year because he doesn't want to embrass Contador and company by winning by more then 15 minutes and claiming every jersey in the process.

Hyperbole aside, is the correct pronunciation "Bau-ke"?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Mollema broke his collarbone in the final stage of the Tour of Poland :eek:
And still finished with that...

He's out of competition for 4 weeks and will miss the Tour du Limousin and GP Plouay, but he should be fit in time for the Italian fall classics

I don't feel like watching any more racing for the season especially with poor bauke being ruled out!:(

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Interesting - I'm just hearing about this guy - TGBM - I guess he's the one I'll be watching coming in just behind Taylor Phinney. How fun! We'll have some competition!