The Olympic Individual TT 2016. Rio de Janeiro. 54,6km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Olympic gold in the men's individual time trial in Rio 2016?

  • Fabian Cancellara

    Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Jonathan Castroviejo

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Rohan Dennis

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Tom Dumoulin

    Votes: 50 32.5%
  • Chris Froome

    Votes: 33 21.4%
  • Ion Izagirre

    Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Vasil Kiryienka

    Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Tony Martin

    Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Nelson Oliveira

    Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Primoz Roglic

    Votes: 9 5.8%

  • Total voters
    154
  • Poll closed .
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
MacBAir said:
Me, aggressive? Why would I be?
That would take hours of psychoanalysis, and we don't have the time.
Spot on. I've just figured easier answer, but can't talk now. Anyway that answer would still not be the fundamental answer, but rather superficial observation.
 
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Phinney 5 minutes down. His career is over.
Oh c'mon man. He never hyped himself up. Fans did.

He made an extraordinary return to racing after his injury.

Maybe he's just a different type of rider now.
Hype or not, I don't think he'll ever get back to his previous level. It's a shame but obviously he's done well to just get back into racing.
 
Dumoulin is most of all dissapointed, because he simply wanted to win. People tell him he should be proud, but he doesn't care ride now.

He's a sport though, because he says he couldn't have raced 47 seconds faster anyways. I think he's generous here, because breaking your wrist 3 weeks ago and thus not being able to train properly certainly didn't help. Doesn't matter though since a what if doesn't help anyone.

Crazy performance by Cancellara today. Really great and nice goodbye. Van Dijk and Cancellara showed that this course was certainly possible for the non climbers. Pure on power.
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
Kwibus said:
Dumoulin is most of all dissapointed, because he simply wanted to win. People tell him he should be proud, but he doesn't care ride now.

He's a sport though, because he says he couldn't have raced 47 seconds faster anyways. I think he's generous here, because breaking your wrist 3 weeks ago and thus not being able to train properly certainly didn't help. Doesn't matter though since a what if doesn't help anyone.

Crazy performance by Cancellara today. Really great and nice goodbye. Van Dijk and Cancellara showed that this course was certainly possible for the non climbers. Pure on power.
Dumoulin always comes over very well. I'd certainly have been cheering for him if not for Fabs and he'll have future opportunities. Hard not to be delighted for Fabs to retire on such a high. I hope he does retire though. It's not going to get better than that.
 
Obviously a great ride by Cancellara. I'm gutted for Rohan Dennis though. Only 8 seconds from Bronze after his mechanical and bike change.

Hard to take after pulling out of the Tour to focus for his Olympics ride. He's taking it well though " "I can't be too disappointed...I can still be proud of how I rode". Absolutely!
 
Electress said:
Kwibus said:
Dumoulin is most of all dissapointed, because he simply wanted to win. People tell him he should be proud, but he doesn't care ride now.

He's a sport though, because he says he couldn't have raced 47 seconds faster anyways. I think he's generous here, because breaking your wrist 3 weeks ago and thus not being able to train properly certainly didn't help. Doesn't matter though since a what if doesn't help anyone.

Crazy performance by Cancellara today. Really great and nice goodbye. Van Dijk and Cancellara showed that this course was certainly possible for the non climbers. Pure on power.
Dumoulin always comes over very well. I'd certainly have been cheering for him if not for Fabs and he'll have future opportunities. Hard not to be delighted for Fabs to retire on such a high. I hope he does retire though. It's not going to get better than that.
If Dumolins wrist had been an issue, he would have given his spot to another Netherlands rider, great sportsmen and women, go by that code, all for the team.
 
This Charming Man said:
Electress said:
Kwibus said:
Dumoulin is most of all dissapointed, because he simply wanted to win. People tell him he should be proud, but he doesn't care ride now.

He's a sport though, because he says he couldn't have raced 47 seconds faster anyways. I think he's generous here, because breaking your wrist 3 weeks ago and thus not being able to train properly certainly didn't help. Doesn't matter though since a what if doesn't help anyone.

Crazy performance by Cancellara today. Really great and nice goodbye. Van Dijk and Cancellara showed that this course was certainly possible for the non climbers. Pure on power.
Dumoulin always comes over very well. I'd certainly have been cheering for him if not for Fabs and he'll have future opportunities. Hard not to be delighted for Fabs to retire on such a high. I hope he does retire though. It's not going to get better than that.
If Dumolins wrist had been an issue, he would have given his spot to another Netherlands rider, great sportsmen and women, go by that code, all for the team.
wrist problem or not.. .he's still better with a wrist problem then the others.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY