• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Powermeter Thread

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yep, also having seen the video of Fignon breaking a pedal axle and binning it hard makes me think twice about it. Pedal based PM's are cool though. Have a Perth based client in Malaysia and just able to whip his Garmin Vectors on the bikes in the Hotel gym.

WKO4 has finally been released. I am not an employee of TrainingPeaks but have been involved as a beta tester of the power meter data analysis software since January 2014. Currently available for use on Mac's and hopefully within the next 3 months a PC option.

Some of the big advances I see is a power-duration curve that is calculated for you meaning you don't have to perform a lot of testing, automatic syncing with TrainingPeaks online and the ability to design your own charts if you have a bit of computing understanding or you can go to TPeaks and choose from a wide selection of charts to look at long term data or analyse each individual ride.

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/products/wko4/

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re:

CoachFergie said:
Anyone tried WKO4? Any comments? Ease of use? Tried to create some charts?

Is anyone using Golden Cheetah 3.2, how do you find that?

I use both and suspect I will be doing this for a while yet, as well as using WKO3.
Waiting on Windows version. Hope it fixes a lot of the shortcomings of ver 3.

Yep, being Scottish based I've been following with some interest and really hoping no one I ride with has invested. They recently released "data", read two poorly formatted excel graphs, to show their product was "close" to an SRM. It looked to be out by 50 watts in many places, sometimes even more.

TRENDING THREADS