• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
l.Harm said:
If Belgium manages to win in Germany they're second. But probably Turkey yeah.

Would love to have Belgium in the tournament. They have some lovely players. Kompany, Witsel, Hazard, Mertens :)

With the players they have Belgium should be a lot stronger than they are, they gave themselves too much to do with a weak start to the campaign but have improved well. I think the football team reflects Belgium as a nation, a distinct lack of unity and togetherness.

Just cannot seem them getting the result in Germany unless the Germans put out a very weak team as they have already qualified. Belgium do have most players at the right age profile to become an international player again, whether they make it or not is another case.

Anyone see Venezuela Argentina?

Christ, Messi is crap once you take him away from Iniesta Xavi Pedro etc.

He lost the ball pretty much every time he touched it, getting absolutely owned by the Venezuelan defenders- the type hes used to sticking hat tricks past in La liga.

Lends credence to the idea that Messi in the Premier League wouldnt be such a success.

ramjambunath said:
Dare Vrsic super goal against Serbia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNzbwgAgfTE

All due respect to Vrsic, this one was absolutely goalie's mistake. Serbia was utter **** in this qualifying round, but it was expected, after what happened with Antic after World Cup.

Anyway, draw is tomorrow. I only hope Montenegro will avoid Portugal. We would have absolutely no chance against them. Not that we would be favorites against Czech Republic, Croatia or Turkey, but we'd have some chance. Especially since Croatia and Czechs played really bad this year.

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
slim charles said:
All due respect to Vrsic, this one was absolutely goalie's mistake. Serbia was utter **** in this qualifying round, but it was expected, after what happened with Antic after World Cup.

Anyway, draw is tomorrow. I only hope Montenegro will avoid Portugal. We would have absolutely no chance against them. Not that we would be favorites against Czech Republic, Croatia or Turkey, but we'd have some chance. Especially since Croatia and Czechs played really bad this year.

I agree goalie s mistake. What I found sadly that Greece with that "worse then Inter before" tactic manage to qualified:eek:

P.S. You are from Portugal or Montenegro?

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
slim charles said:
Montenegro. If I was from Portugal would I use phrase "We would have absolutely no chance against them"? :D

Oh! Well how small world it is;)

Kranjčar je pijanac zato ga je Savičević sterao u božju mater:D

Well, everyone here in Ireland was hoping for Estonia and we got Estonia though they were probably just as eager to draw Ireland out of the seeded teams. If Ireland dont qualify from this draw, it will be seriously embarrasing(well worse than normal anyway:rolleyes:).

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
waahoo saint mirren score 3 minutes into injury time agaisnt rangers at ibrox, to draw 1-1 great result and an important point in the relegation battle...

And lennys incompetence is amazing, celtic are terrible and getting worse, and they have spent quite a lot more than rangers over the last few years.... Just amazing how bad they are.

What a match that was lol.

My club Feyenoord was playing this afternoon against the arch rival Ajax (away). Normally we got dominated and don't make any chance there. Now we dominated like hell but they came back to 1-1 while they were playing with 10 :(

Libertine Seguros said:
19 games in a row without a clean sheet for Athletic :(

Had that game won though, and why Muniain tried to pass not shoot from eight yards out after 93 minutes I'll never know.

i am not surprised that under Bielsa they are still letting goals in coz he likes attacking formation....though i haven't watch athletic this season.
Levante might be on top of the flipping table...theya are 1 up against villareal...surreal if they are on top lol but good.

Good for Levante if they manage it. It's time somebody upset the La Liga applecart.

Athletic do look quite shaky at the back. Today they were mostly pretty good, but Amorebieta, at times imperious, can also be drawn out of position quite easily, and Iraizoz has had better games than he had today, though he wasn't at fault in the goal. Though the frontline is a bit too reliant on Llorente and Muniain, the defence is probably the main concern for Los Rojiblancos.

Losing Llorente to injury in the first half was a really heavy blow though, while Gurpegui looks to have done himself quite some damage. It was a real war of attrition out there today, Valencia also lost Canales in the first half, but Piatti, who replaced him, was quite threatening.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
l.Harm said:
What a match that was lol.

My club Feyenoord was playing this afternoon against the arch rival Ajax (away). Normally we got dominated and don't make any chance there. Now we dominated like hell but they came back to 1-1 while they were playing with 10 :(

For the first time in many years you actually deserved to win in the ArenA today. Ajax were awful. All credit to Koeman for making a decent team out of the players you have.

Watching Manu vs. Citeh after that was very different. What an astonishing result. I loved it when the Citeh started singing, "You'll be sacked in the morning..." :D

TRENDING THREADS