• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Brullnux said:
Nadal was pushed further than he would've liked. Maybe others will adopt the all-or-nothing approach Bolelli did? Although Bolelli did play probably one of his best ever matches, and if you're off your game then you might implode playing like he did.
It's the only way to play for just about anybody on clay.

It was rainy today, which does Nadal no favours though. All top players are through on the men's side, though my legendary compatriot did the classic Robin Haase action of going up 2 sets before losing miserably vs Goffin.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
i do not follow tennis closely but was going to make a point of watching s. williams-sharapova. and wow...the big butt withdrew referring to some chest muscle problems. the curious part is that the no show happened after the 2 engaged in a little verbal back and forth in the media.

frankly i dont feel all that much for either but serena is particularly annoying. was serena avoiding a resonating defeat or indeed had a physical reason ?

Re:

python said:
i do not follow tennis closely but was going to make a point of watching s. williams-sharapova. and wow...the big butt withdrew referring to some chest muscle problems. the curious part is that the no show happened after the 2 engaged in a little verbal back and forth in the media.

frankly i dont feel all that much for either but serena is particularly annoying. was serena avoiding a resonating defeat or indeed had a physical reason ?

Well you only missed a duet of grunting and screeching and silly outfits but I am sure the injury was real. Williams is a competitor at all times. As for the media chatter why would you bother..........

Wow, the lowest ranked player since 1999 in a semi and the first Italian male in forty years.

Cecchinato has had an odd career. In 2013 he was beating Thiem on clay in Futures events, but for four years he then didn't progress and now the last month he's been awesome. Ofc there was the match fixing thing, but imo match fixing (to lose) is by far the least bad of the major sporting crimes, especially when you're 150 in the world and earning very little.

TRENDING THREADS